Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 09-13-2016, 03:13 PM   #1481
ambasah
Red Skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper245 View Post
That says a lot coming from you since you seem to mainly collect ultra high end and 1:1 pieces from ECC and Cinemaquette. To say you are impressed with this piece overall says a lot about how well Sideshow apparently executed on the production run.

I have some life size busts but nothing from ECC or CM - not really into movie versions and wasn't too impressed with their vader.

I guess I had my expectations lowered a bit due to some of the thoughts on here and elsewhere. But this is one of the few new statues that I WON'T be putting back in the box for another day...so that says something.

If you can live with the pose and are a vader fan, you will not be disappointed in the slightest...well maybe just that his head can't point down : )
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 03:30 PM   #1482
Raas Kaaz
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambasah View Post
I have some life size busts but nothing from ECC or CM - not really into movie versions and wasn't too impressed with their vader.

I guess I had my expectations lowered a bit due to some of the thoughts on here and elsewhere. But this is one of the few new statues that I WON'T be putting back in the box for another day...so that says something.

If you can live with the pose and are a vader fan, you will not be disappointed in the slightest...well maybe just that his head can't point down : )
so many different opinions on this piece Man I want to see it in person
Raas Kaaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 03:42 PM   #1483
Dreamland
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

For those that have both, how does this compare with the original Vader? I have the original and I am still thinking of ordering this.
Dreamland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 04:31 PM   #1484
ambasah
Red Skull

I have both. This is the superior statue imho.

But the first vader with obiwan is a killer combo as well.
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 04:55 PM   #1485
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Quote:

My bad. I had you confused with another collector on here. It's good to read you are happy with the piece though.
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 05:17 PM   #1486
marker2037
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Seems like once most folks get theirs in hand opinions tend to rise. Can't wait for mine!
marker2037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 06:44 PM   #1487
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by marker2037 View Post
Seems like once most folks get theirs in hand opinions tend to rise. Can't wait for mine!
This seems to be very common no matter the statue. Barring any terrible QC issues (lazy eye, paint application, etc.) most are generally happy with their purchase. They ordered it in the first place after all.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 07:01 PM   #1488
marker2037
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Very true.
marker2037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 11:58 PM   #1489
GaryTonge
Kingpin

Quote:
got mine today. It really is "more than the sum of it's parts".

sure there are things I would've done a bit differently (pose for one) but man, it really doesn't take away from the statue as a whole. The light up (which I am a sucker for) is on ANOTHER LEVEL!

This if a well crafted piece of art and a worthy addition to my vader shrine : )
Awesome to hear my man! This piece is just awesome to look at!
GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 02:37 PM   #1490
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

I ate some crow at my LCS earlier. I saw Vader in person and he looks amazeballs. All I need now is a coupon and I'm picking one up. Pictures do this thing absolutely no justice.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote