Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 03-04-2015, 01:27 PM   #581
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlizAbef View Post
You always tap-dance around everything asked, which is why I don't believe anything you say anymore. It makes no sense to me that you can 'engineer' the Malgus PF and the old Vader PF to light up everywhere, but you won't or 'can't' seem to do it with this one.

By the way, please don't reply because all you'll do is gimmie a beat around the bush post. I know, and every other collector knows that you guys can make him light up everywhere. Sideshow's already made a choice not to. And it's obvious why.
While your post might have some merit, I don't see a need to attack Alex. I am sure she is stating what she has been told by Production even though it makes zero sense because they have done it in the past as you say on Malgus. Alex has stated multiple times that she has no direct knowledge on production or why they make the decisions they make unless someone in Production tells her. I am also sure the "tap dance" that she does is by design because she is only allowed to reveal so much by the PTB at Sideshow. They are a very secretive company.
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 01:28 PM   #582
Dirt Torpedo
The Thunderbolts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambasah View Post

I will not shoot the messenger, but suggesting it is an engineering issue is a "huh!?!" moment for me. You guys did it 10 years ago...why would there be an issue today?.
The engineering issue is that nearly a decade ago they only had to wire a few hundred now it's going to be a minimum of 5000+ and not forgetting all the other product Sideshow pumps out.
Dirt Torpedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 01:38 PM   #583
ambasah
Red Skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper245 View Post
While your post might have some merit, I don't see a need to attack Alex. I am sure she is stating what she has told by Production even though it makes zero sense because they have done it in the past as you say on Malgus. Alex has stated multiple times that she has no direct knowledge on production or why they make the decisions they make unless someone in Production tells her. I am also sure the "tap dance" that she does is by design because she is only allowed to reveal so much by the PTB at Sideshow.
good post. we are all grateful to have a SS rep here to listen to us ----- and moan. no need for anyone to get personal.
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 01:41 PM   #584
AlizAbef
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Torpedo View Post
The engineering issue is that nearly a decade ago they only had to wire a few hundred now it's going to be a minimum of 5000+ and not forgetting all the other product Sideshow pumps out.
PFs with massive edition sizes are made in smaller batches....they can pull off the Vader light-up feature just fine.
AlizAbef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 01:45 PM   #585
qz33
Doctor Doom

HEY

Let's be respectful to SSAlex and as nice as we can.

She is always super polite to everyone.

She is great addition to these boards. She works for the company so obviously she is not going to give out sensitive information.

We already have a good tip knowing they are at least considering it.
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 01:46 PM   #586
AlizAbef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper245 View Post
While your post might have some merit, I don't see a need to attack Alex. I am sure she is stating what she has been told by Production even though it makes zero sense because they have done it in the past as you say on Malgus. Alex has stated multiple times that she has no direct knowledge on production or why they make the decisions they make unless someone in Production tells her. I am also sure the "tap dance" that she does is by design because she is only allowed to reveal so much by the PTB at Sideshow. They are a very secretive company.
I'm not attacking her dude, but a lot have to admit that most of her posts are very irritating and annoying to read. It's all BS to me now, I'm just doing a little 'calling her out' on it, that's all.
Old 03-04-2015, 01:47 PM   #587
qz33
Doctor Doom

Her posts are irritating mostly because the situation is irritating.
Many here want this to light up.

She is giving the best answer she can.

You aren't going to see a rep post "we left the feature out because it could decrease profits"
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 01:51 PM   #588
Python
Omega Red

While this PF isn't what I hoped for personally in both pose and features (I was hoping even the steps would illuminate) some people take this stuff way too seriously. Being so rude to other people such as Alex, who would have had little to no input on the design this presumably is just not on, priorities people...
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 01:52 PM   #589
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlizAbef View Post
I'm not attacking her dude, but a lot have to admit that most of her posts are very irritating and annoying to read. It's all BS to me now, I'm just doing a little 'calling her out' on it, that's all.
I understand completely where you are coming from and while it might be irritating and it is, it's Sideshow's choice to run their business this way. They prefer to keep their customers in the dark for the most part rather than being upfront and open with them.
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 01:54 PM   #590
AlizAbef

Fair enough, Viper. At least I know you're not blind either. I'll tell you what, guys...I'll change the subject and post this again since no one really answered it...

What was everyone's problem with the first Vader PF? I haven't done my research on that one, but he looks waaay better in the pic Obi-Wan posted just recently. Besides your basic Star Wars nerd technicalities in the way he looks between the PF and the film version, I really don't see a problem with the first release except the weakness of the lightsaber.

I think the first Vader PF looks awesome in that pic.