Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 04-06-2023, 12:20 PM   #251
jeremydmc
Black Panther

I thought once she had it in hand and beat the cyborg on Mandalore she should have kept it then. I thought for sure he would have let her have it. He "lost" it and she "found" it.

Let's say you find it just laying on the ground and no one is there to beat to take it from are you not allowed to pick it up?

It made sense to me for the "loophole" but think it would have been better if it had happened in the Mandalore episode.
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2023, 01:23 PM   #252
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
Two questions:
1. Jack Black and Lizzo are in this?
2. Who the hell is Lizzo?
1) Yes
2) I had never heard of her until her name was brought up on this very forum maybe a year ago

So Megan Thee Stallion pops up on She-Hulk, Lizzo on Mando...so is Cardi B making an appearance in Secret Invasion?
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2023, 01:52 PM   #253
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedDog View Post
So Megan Thee Stallion pops up on She-Hulk, Lizzo on Mando...so is Cardi B making an appearance in Secret Invasion?
man dont even put that out into the universe
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2023, 01:55 PM   #254
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Old 04-06-2023, 02:11 PM   #255
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedDog View Post
1) Yes
2) I had never heard of her until her name was brought up on this very forum maybe a year ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
man dont even put that out into the universe
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2023, 12:24 AM   #256
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
Yeah...that whole part was a bit...okay to me.

Here's my suggestion and people can say if I'm right or wrong in this tweak.

*Bo and Din approach Axe and the Night Owls*

Bo: "I want my fleet back"

Axe: "Not your fleet, not anymore. You failed, your highness"

Bo: "Very well, then I challenge you to combat for the right to lead again!"

Axe: "Ha, why would I do that? I have a fleet, you have nothing!"

Din: "That's not true, she has this." Sets Dark Saber on a table.

Axe: "It doesn't belong to her. Belongs to you, fanatic."

Din: "It did, but I lost it while on Mandalore, she recovered it and bested my captor making her the rightful wielder of the blade."

Axe: "You say. Convenient none of us witnessed this. House Kryze is a shell of itself, I do not recognize such a claim."

Din: "Then prove it. Best Bo-Katan in single combat and the Dark Saber and right to rule Mandalorians is yours. Fail, and serve her and grant the fleet."

Axe: *Mulls it over* "Very well, let me such you a true Mandalorian"

--------------

To me, the battle between them would have much high stakes as Bo-Katan is desperate to reclaim her honor and Axe sees an incredible opportunity. It could also reveal Bo's character in how she initially has the upper hand, Axe fails to yield and it nearly costs her the duel. She could kill him, looking at the saber and her desire, but in the ends forces Axe to yield showing her worth in leading Mandalore isn't just the blade, but her character as well.

My two cents, feels a little more cathartic than beating some cyborg creature and getting it on a technicality. We shall see how the story goes.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2023, 12:38 AM   #257
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Haven't watched the latest episode yet, but I'm hearing very interesting rumors concerning plans to essentially retcon the sequels...

It's intriguing, but at the same time exhausting. All to try to erase or rewrite things in the canon, when they could just as easily simply say the ST is "no longer canon".
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2023, 01:30 AM   #258
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
Haven't watched the latest episode yet, but I'm hearing very interesting rumors concerning plans to essentially retcon the sequels...

It's intriguing, but at the same time exhausting. All to try to erase or rewrite things in the canon, when they could just as easily simply say the ST is "no longer canon".
Where do you hear these things?
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2023, 02:40 AM   #259
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Where do you hear these things?
The internet. lol

Reports about what Filoni (working with Lucas) and Favreau have planned, probably leaking because it's been divulged to Disney execs.

Apparently a lot of hope rides on Ahsoka series being a big hit. Sort of the cornerstone of the next several years of storytelling. In it and other shows and media over the next couple years, the "World between Worlds" will be fleshed out.

Essentially, it's the Star Wars equivalent of the MCU multiverse. So the ST won't be retconned per se, but it allows Disney to milk their money maker and try to satisfy the pissed off fanboys by going in different directions, rather than strictly sticking with the ST.

Word is:
Spoiler
Mara Jade will be made canon in the second season of Ahsoka, and she will have a child with Luke, but not 'Ben', since it's already been used. New version.

We shall see...
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2023, 02:59 AM   #260
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
the "World between Worlds" will be fleshed out.
Not sure how to feel about that. I thought it was fine in Rebels, but it could get pretty convoluted if not careful, especially for live-action Star Wars audiences...interesting though.

Quote:
Word is:
Spoiler
Mara Jade will be made canon in the second season of Ahsoka, and she will have a child with Luke, but not 'Ben', since it's already been used. New version.
!! That would shake the fandom If it means a Luke-centric series, I'm all for it...really want to see young Jedi Master Luke have some great adventures in that time period. The 30 year gap between Jedi and Force Awakens is a ripe playground, and there is so much to be mined beyond just The Mandalorian.