Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > First4Figures / Gaming Heads

Old 08-29-2017, 06:05 PM   #51
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

I really hope it's done well, when i think of Mugen i automatically think of him dodging swords and arrows and leaping over some table or roof top.....so for me F4F nailed this.

I love that they just thought screw it lets go for that pose! Never since the HH Daredevil have we seen something like this and it just fits so well!
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 10:23 PM   #52
FriendlySamurai
Luke Cage

yeah definately going to be a unique piece in anybody's collection. Love pretty much everything about it. Looking forward to getting Saitama soon, If he comes out great its gonna make me even more excited for Mugen. Hope to get some sneak peeks of Jin and Fuu soon

Im gonna have to work some sunflowers into this display somehow
FriendlySamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 03:59 PM   #53
Jayce321
Frackin!

Going to have to cancel mine I've run into money problems and didn't want to cancel him but I just don't wanna stretch myself thing. He is amazing sigh...
Jayce321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 11:41 AM   #54
FriendlySamurai
Luke Cage

Mugen at NYCC vid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6kC...ature=youtu.be
Old 12-15-2017, 03:49 PM   #55
FriendlySamurai
Luke Cage

few little bits from the q&a-

Mugen’s swords look and are sharp and are in production at the factory; have lovely weight to them

Mugen will have a quick turnaround time, as he’s starting production right after Prince and Dipp

Samurai Champloo Jin Pre-Order probably will be in the back-end of 2018

They posted a vid of the swords on the group, looked pretty nice. Looking forward to Jin
Old 03-05-2018, 11:29 PM   #56
GrabberOrange
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

I see this statue hasn't picked up too much steam, so far a low ES (300 EX, 275 Reg) which is good for collectors but not for the line. Should have went 1/6. Everyone loves 1/4 scale but when it comes to it can't afford all one wants or have room for every 1/4 piece out there.
GrabberOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 10:38 AM   #57
FriendlySamurai
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberOrange View Post
I see this statue hasn't picked up too much steam, so far a low ES (300 EX, 275 Reg) which is good for collectors but not for the line. Should have went 1/6. Everyone loves 1/4 scale but when it comes to it can't afford all one wants or have room for every 1/4 piece out there.
F4F has a lot of 1/6 failures too. Vyse from Skies of Arcadia and Lan Di from Shenmue for example. The problem isnt scale, the problem is theyre not reaching the buyers. Figurama- brand new company- selling out of all their $700-800 pieces, is reaching the buyers. For whatever reason, F4F cant seem to find them.
Old 03-06-2018, 11:06 AM   #58
DeadGhostKnight
SF ReviewerModerator

But aren't Figurama only doing edition sizes of 200-300 pieces? With no Regulars.

F4F with the 2 week EX window will never get that rush for people to order and from what Alex has said they never want that, they want everyone to get a fair chance to order.

I also think with the Figurama stuff they're huge impressive pieces that are drawing in people who aren't even fans....no way was the Devilman piece ordered all by fans lol, especially based on Apocalypse of Amon and Nirasawas interpretation. I guarantee a lot of the reviews will be "i have no idea about these characters or what this show is but hey it looked cool and its HUGE and HEAVY" those sort of collectors...

At the end of the Day Samurai Champloo is not a huge series, it never had the traction in the West like Cowboy Bebop did ( a lot of people got into anime from Cowboy Bebop/DBZ/Sailor Moon ) but for those who have watched it multiple times and love it this is an amazing thing!

Not only are we getting a quality SC statue but he's in 1/4.....then he's in this insane pose.....with real metal swords and arrows....with a switch out head...for under $450...

Never in my wildest dreams did we think we'd get ANY decent statues of Mugen, never mind in 1/4 etc etc.

But like FriendlySamurai says, it's a weird thing for F4F they just can't seem to get the traction with their anime stuff, which is so weird when they're super high quality and super well priced....

I hope that Berserk changes that and their licenses like Full Metal Alchemist, One Punch Man, Cowboy Bebop and anything else they get ( My Hero Academia ) flourishes because the passion, the designs, the fan interaction, the availability, the sculpts, paints, everything is all there.
Old 03-06-2018, 11:21 AM   #59
DeadGhostKnight
SF ReviewerModerator

Also it's my last flexi payment in April and he'll be done

So that'll be Jin, Solaire and Mugen all paid off with F4F.

Nothing better than having a bunch of statues paid off and waiting for them to come in
Old 03-06-2018, 04:54 PM   #60
FriendlySamurai
Luke Cage

I think Devilman was 200. Vash was 400 and I think Alucard was over that. If you cut the price in half you pretty much have F4F prices- so I guess it could be comparible to 800 units. They had orders open for less than a week I think, they probably could have sold a lot more. I really think the difference could be the Asian anicons. Need to get a Wonderfest booth.

Still, F4F is a very nicely done scenic art base stylistically similar to what SS offers- I dont think its inferior in any way. I also dont get why people cry for 1/6 because of price and space but theyre totally ok with Tsume and Figurama 1/6 scale pieces that are twice the size and cost of F4F 1/4 scales lol