Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 09-21-2018, 09:27 PM   #1511
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSAlex View Post
Simply not true. People can of course believe that those that make up Sideshow do not respect or like y'all but in the end it's not true. We are always 100% ok with all opinions that are constructive in nature (i.e.: criticism done in a respectful manner). Praise or non-praise is really ok. Opinions on either side of the coin are a ok.

So know that myself and others have much respect and no disdain for any of you. Why? Because you are all passionate fans and human beings. Disliking fellow humans (and geek community members) simply because they may not like something just isn't worth it and makes no logical sense.
Our passions get the better of us sometimes and we interact forgetting how we would treat a human if they were in front of us. I know I get that way sometimes on here. I don't chat with you that often but I have read the majority of your posts. I have to say thank you for not taking it personally and for always being professional when you respond, even though sometimes we do not do the same.
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 09:37 PM   #1512
Incrysis
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
So out of respect for passionate fans and customers alike, can you disclose what happened to the original psylocke portrait?
Yes please tell us what happened to the original portrait.

Thanks
Incrysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 09:43 PM   #1513
SSAlex
Sideshow
Producer

Quote:
So out of respect for passionate fans and customers alike, can you disclose what happened to the original psylocke portrait?
I honestly don't have the answer at this time as those decisions are made by by another team within the company. I can generally say that for any product the reasons why certain accessories, etc aren't included will vary...SRP would end up too high if everything were to be included, XYZ didn't get approved, mass producing XYZ just wouldn't be feasible (example: Alien Queen Diorama that from MANY years ago).
SSAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 09:44 PM   #1514
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
I thought I was being transparent by explaining why she wasn't on Sideshow live. Apologies if that wasn't enough info. :-(
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Incrysis View Post
Yes please tell us what happened to the original portrait.

Thanks
No need to apologize Alex. I wasn't referring to transparency surrounding why she wasn't on the live show, even though my post may have sounded that way.

My comment about transparency with customer issues was about what these two posts describe. I won't repeat it again, as they've done a perfect job explaining.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 09:47 PM   #1515
tonytiger
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spam Filter View Post
One of the best advice I can give to any one is "never settle".

Only buy what you love, because if you settle, what you don't like will bother you more and more over time, especially when a new one gets inevtiably released that you like better than the one you have.
Man is this the best statement ever..How many times has this has happen well i like it but...Then buy it anyway! This will slow down now because of ever rising prices..No more 2nd guesses.. This with that base and the head not in right scale with the body..PASS! Sorry sideshow your losing money making these bad choices, Captain America ...really? list goes on and on..
tonytiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 09:54 PM   #1516
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
I honestly don't have the answer at this time as those decisions are made by by another team within the company. I can generally say that for any product the reasons why certain accessories, etc aren't included will vary...SRP would end up too high if everything were to be included, XYZ didn't get approved, mass producing XYZ just wouldn't be feasible (example: Alien Queen Diorama that from MANY years ago).
I see, thankyou.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 10:00 PM   #1517
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

🏃 And so the quest for answers continue, we'll find out what happened to you one way or another babe.

crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 11:22 PM   #1518
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Almost everyone was ragging on the 1st portrait, then it grew on them. I like this new one. It's more Jim Lee 'ish. Let it grow on ya. 2nd best Psylocke in my book. Complaining at this point is futile. Look at that price...
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 11:24 PM   #1519
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vecchio1 View Post
Almost everyone was ragging on the 1st portrait, then it grew on them. I like this new one. It's more Jim Lee 'ish. Let it grow on ya. 2nd best Psylocke in my book. Complaining at this point is futile. Look at that price...
Actually, a lot of people in this very thread were not ragging on it and loved it. Some even fully admitted they were wrong after seeing it at SDCC.

But, I agree with you. I'm all complained out, as it won't do a damn bit of good anyway.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 11:33 PM   #1520
SLO_MO
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vecchio1 View Post
I gotta say, the new one is actually growing on me. For some reason it seems like they chose the absolute worst photo to use when revealing BOTH portraits- it looks pretty good in a lot of the other pics. I think if they just came out of the gate with this one no one would've had an issue with it. I do think the Psychic blade would be better if it was more transparent.
SLO_MO is offline   Reply With Quote