Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 05-24-2015, 01:57 PM   #181
Comicbookguy
Hercules

wow! this will be a day 1 order for me. Love this character from motu. I know none of these are perfect but they are still very well done. I'm so happy to own this one and the EX is awesome! Im so glad the ex stands out like it does. Jerry thanks for giving us this character. She looks stunning! Also Jerry thanks so much for the good es as a bonus for the ex. This is so bought. I want to order now! hehe.. This will have a special place to display. she will be a runners up for statue of the year next to ss wonder woman. great job Jerry!please continue this line. still wishing for a battle cat filmation and she-ra is a most wanted because shes he-man's twin sister from the sercret of the sword movie.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 03:40 PM   #182
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkhumor View Post
All 3 of you must think He-Man's face is accurate too eh? Gotta love how people just settle for the first thing they see.
I definitely don't settle.
The piece is great. I think they captured her well.
And the slightly longer face doesn't kill it.

dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 04:31 PM   #183
BLADES OF STEAL
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

I'll be ordering. This line has turned out great. Nice low ES as well.
BLADES OF STEAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 05:58 PM   #184
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Excellent job jerry! Thanks for sticking with the very fair ES. Again we do have plenty of regs for all the ES haters.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 06:07 PM   #185
Darkhumor
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
I definitely don't settle.
The piece is great. I think they captured her well.
And the slightly longer face doesn't kill it.

It doesnt kill it. But, it should look like her. The Teela statue looks exactly like Teela, so does Man At Arms. So why cant we have an accurate portrait of Sorceress? Sorceress has a much calmer, softer demeanor than what we're seeing with the tease. Not looking all fearce with a pointy chin. Either way, I still think it looks good and Im going to get it. It just sucks that these are 3d printed and we cant get accurate portraits out of these. If someone hadnt pointed out the He-Man statue had blue eyes, I wouldnt have noticed. But now it kind of bugs me, on top of that, his portrait is soft when it should have been squared and chiseled, like the filmation He-Man has. But whatever. Cant do much with it now, accept paint em black. But He-Man should have had looked exactly like He-Man in the filmation, since He-Man is the main, titled character of the franchise.
Darkhumor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 06:12 PM   #186
SuperJ300
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkhumor View Post
That face needs to be tweaked a little. It doesn't look like sorceress. Her jaw structure is too long. Other than that, she looks great. And Ill be ordering.

Looks stunning!!
SuperJ300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 08:09 PM   #187
Fenrir
Fantastic Four

[QUOTE=Darkhumor;5055119]That face needs to be tweaked a little. It doesn't look like sorceress. Her jaw structure is too long. Other than that, she looks great. And Ill be ordering.

I agree that the face is slimmer and more elongated compared to the way it appeared in the cartoon.
Same with Teela imo.

Many female characters in the show had a rounder/fuller face and a more square jaw.
Teela, Sorceress, Marlena, Shokoti etc.

Since this is my favorite character of the show, and most anticipated statue in this line, I was really concerned with how the face would turn out.

While I would welcome tweaks to the facesculpt to make it even more accurate, it is still a great representation of the character, and an instant purchase for me.

Evil-Lyn next..
Fenrir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 08:54 PM   #188
crazytoynut
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

That bird over the head concept, looks funny imo .... i guess they needed sorceress to hide the transparent stand
crazytoynut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 09:19 PM   #189
Fenrir
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazytoynut View Post
That bird over the head concept, looks funny imo .... i guess they needed sorceress to hide the transparent stand
Or they wanted it to look like a transformation sequence.. Looks great to me
Fenrir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 09:40 PM   #190
Lorde Trooper
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir View Post
Or they wanted it to look like a transformation sequence.. Looks great to me
First thing i thought when i saw the teaser shots, bringing back memories of the cartoons. I think she looks quite sexy actually (lol for a statue)
Lorde Trooper is offline   Reply With Quote