Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 05-02-2018, 12:34 PM   #21
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by samhain81 View Post
I take it this is from the new reimagined line alongside Raiden, and not the klassic line, that so many customers want.

If you're going to give up on the klassic line, can you at least add in simple black bases to this new line so the klassic customers can at least have their fill?

I for one am not buying this, or supporting a new MK line unless a clear black base is provided for this.
C'mon man ya gotta try a little harder. From the 1st post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadAsGhoul View Post
From Facebook. Concept pic. Will be fully sculpted, as a part of a Legacy line. Simple black base in the EX included as well
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 12:38 PM   #22
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

good luck to those who want this, im far too afraid to ever give PCS money again
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 12:45 PM   #23
samhain81
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
C'mon man ya gotta try a little harder. From the 1st post:
Sucks it's the ex. Since I'm no longer buying direct from them, might have to buy the regular third party and get someone here in the uk to make custom black bases.
samhain81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 12:47 PM   #24
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Sucks it's the ex. Since I'm no longer buying direct from them, might have to buy the regular third party and get someone here in the uk to make custom black bases.
Or just play the game a little differently.
Old 05-02-2018, 12:55 PM   #25
samhain81
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Or just play the game a little differently.
Care to elaborate on such a vague statement?
samhain81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 01:00 PM   #26
ryuhayabusa6787
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

this will be $250 shipped 4 months after it releases. it pains me to say i cant support this line. i don't support line nothing gets made. i support it i lose almost half my money i originally paid within months. i cant win

i see they used hive Studios for this one. i love their concepts this is probably the most simplistic statue concept they ever done compared to the xm overload they do.
ryuhayabusa6787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 01:29 PM   #27
qz33
Doctor Doom

The pose choice for this is very obvious which I LOVE.

Statues of established characters should be ICONIC, not the whimsy of the designer or for the sake of originality.

The environmental base though needs to compensate for the simplicity of the pose to ensure it is appealing to the broadest market.

Quote:
Care to elaborate on such a vague statement?
Just think a bit on this below and you will likely get some ideas as to what to do. Don't stop at first conclusions. Keep going.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryuhayabusa6787 View Post
this will be $250 shipped 4 months after it releases. it pains me to say i cant support this line. i don't support line nothing gets made. i support it i lose almost half my money i originally paid within months. i cant win

i see they used hive Studios for this one. i love their concepts this is probably the most simplistic statue concept they ever done compared to the xm overload they do.
Old 05-02-2018, 01:53 PM   #28
MegatronG1
The X-Men

Is the sculpting being outsourced to Hive too? Honestly I would only want this if they nail the actress' likeness. I never liked PCS females.
MegatronG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 02:12 PM   #29
kagero_no_mai
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Not buying this, will keep boycotting this new MK line since they decided to ditch the original Klassic line. I'm quite surprised nobody else seems to be upset about this.
kagero_no_mai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 02:40 PM   #30
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegatronG1 View Post
Is the sculpting being outsourced to Hive too? Honestly I would only want this if they nail the actress' likeness. I never liked PCS females.
This being from a blurry video capture game from 20 years ago I kinda doubt that the actress's exact likeness will be their top priority, especially considering how difficult and dependent on serendipity nailing a likeness can be. Her face isn't going to get Conan effort and never was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagero_no_mai View Post
Not buying this, will keep boycotting this new MK line since they decided to ditch the original Klassic line. I'm quite surprised nobody else seems to be upset about this.
Plenty of people are upset just look in this thread.

See Klassics Mixed Media just isn't cutting it anymore for whatever various reasons. Do you really think PCS would just decide to make the effort to go in a different direction if selling the Klassics as they were was feasible and working out?
They fully understand there are people that want things to continue just as they have and continue on completing the line. But not enough of those people were spending the money it's that simple.

So the options are try this out or nothing. It's cool if you choose nothing but some would like to get some more MK 1/4 scales and the whole PCS MK license is on a bit of life support at the moment.