Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1404.jpeg
Views:	7
Size:	352.7 KB
ID:	163140

I had originally ordered the Roman Holliday Audrey Hepburn through Sideshow, only to be told after making my final payment it was too large to ship to an APO address, so I shifted gears and got the Star Ace Audrey 1/4 from Breakfast at Tiffany?s instead. This is the EX with the base that lights up and changes colors. The base is kinda lame. The likeness is very good though and so is the tailoring. I give it a solid 8/10. Star Ace has made some really good pieces and a lot of duds, but this is a favorite movie piece.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2023, 02:06 AM   #12
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

Name:	IMG_1422.jpeg
Views:	8
Size:	510.8 KB
ID:	163142

My collection has a healthy dose of figures as well. I like the variety they add. I know some people go one direction or the either, but I like to be really irresponsible with my money and dabble in both! I do love these Trek figures and Captains chair though. I have also added the EXO-6 Data (not pictured) to give Prof X, I mean Picard a sidekick as well.
Old 07-07-2023, 05:27 AM   #13
punisher2000
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Thats an awesome collection Tbolt... you got old and new cool statues and items... I see you got a good taste!

I am really impressed how you got so many statues at that display space!! Respect!!!!!!!
punisher2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2023, 09:59 AM   #14
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

Thanks Punisher, your collection thread is one the ones that motivated me to start showing these. I need about 7 more Bror shelves to finish setting everything up and then I’ll see if there is any space left over for anything else.
Old 07-07-2023, 10:03 AM   #15
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

Name:	IMG_1438.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	245.3 KB
ID:	163144

My current movie shelves. Will focus on individual pieces later but my mix of LOTR shelf and movie shelf

Name:	IMG_1439.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	228.7 KB
ID:	163145

A little more of just the LOTR. Pretty happy with this collection, just need a small Galadriel and my Elrond bust and a small Thranduil and it will be complete to my liking.
Old 07-07-2023, 10:05 AM   #16
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

They are a little more crowded than I would like atm just because I wanted to get as much out of boxes as I could with the shelf space I currently have. Looking forward to showing this room in total maybe by the end of the year.
Old 07-07-2023, 11:37 AM   #17
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

Name:	IMG_1441.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	185.8 KB
ID:	163147

Gandalf the Grey EX and Frodo. Originally I had the Gandalf the White, never loved it and sold it. Much prefer Gandalf the Grey even if character wise I prefer the white version, the statue is just much better. It?s a 10/10 for me.

Name:	IMG_1440.jpg
Size:	194.0 KB
ID:	163148

Weta Sauron with custom paint job. I love this piece, I know many people say he?s too small and want the bigger/better later versions, but this one is just as menacing even if he does skip leg days. Solid 8/10 though.

Name:	IMG_1413.jpg
Size:	82.8 KB
ID:	163149

Sideshow Gimli Com EX. I am always amazed more people didn?t pick this up. I rarely see this piece in peoples LOTR collections. He was a bit tricky to find. I love, love, love this piece and think he mixes in just fine. Either they oversized him, or dwarves are just, you know, smaller, but it works. This also makes me realize I don?t have a Legolas picture handy so I?ll have to add him later and show what I mean. I like to go back and read old threads and see what people were saying about these pieces at the time and the action pose they thought was too much for a pairing, but The Legolas PF is drawing an arrow so I don?t see the issue. 10/10 piece.

Name:	IMG_1412.jpg
Size:	100.0 KB
ID:	163150

Lurtz. One of SS best ever LOTR pieces. I have zero complaints with this one, they generally knocked the LOTR line out of the park and this is no exception. Maybe the new one is as good but I don?t think it?s better. 10/10.

Name:	IMG_1414.jpg
Size:	73.2 KB
ID:	163151

Frodo is actually the piece that got me to go put together a LOTR collection. Originally I had Gandalf the White and Saruman, sold both to help fund a family vacation and thought I?d just assemble the two again and call it a day. Then my daughter fell in love with the movies and I was debating which way to go, figures or statues (well I did both, but, you know, that?s just how I roll). I had a crazy low bid on Frodo and said if it won, I?d buy the statue versions, so here we are, one of the weakest LOTR pieces influenced me to buy thousands of dollars of these guys?. I have seen this repainted and it?s better but still not great. Excellent tailoring and the metal ring is a great touch but a 5/10 piece. My hobbit busts are much better likeness.

Name:	IMG_1411.jpg
Size:	88.5 KB
ID:	163152

SS Aragorn EX, love this piece though the factory paint lets it down. Saw someone?s repaint and the likeness was spot on. As it is, from the factory 7/10.

Name:	IMG_1410.jpg
Size:	90.3 KB
ID:	163153

Saruman EX. This is probably one of the best likenesses SS has ever achieved. Love the EX too, just think that spell cast is more wicked. 10/10

Name:	IMG_1408.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	90.5 KB
ID:	163154

Black Orc Scout EX. Another solid entry into Sideshows PF line. 8.5/10. I?m not as attached to random Orcs so this can only go so high on the list for me.

Name:	IMG_1409.jpg
Size:	98.5 KB
ID:	163155

Gollum/Smeagle. SS in a rare move provided the extra bust and nameplate. One of the finest products they have ever produced. 11/10.

Name:	IMG_1415.jpg
Size:	75.9 KB
ID:	163156

Moria Orc PF. People complained about the color red on his shirt on production. It really was not something that bothered me. I think that entire drama was overblown. But again, random Orc, too bad this slot didnt go to another character like Sam, though my weta 1/4 busts are fine, nobody?s lineup would be incomplete if they didn?t make this guy. It?s a good Orc, great tailoring, and a fun piece overall though. Solid 7.5/10.
Old 07-07-2023, 12:40 PM   #18
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

Name:	IMG_1441.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	119.4 KB
ID:	163158

Name:	IMG_1440.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	127.2 KB
ID:	163159

Not sure why two of those uploaded sideways so here is another look. Seeing this makes me realize I need to put Saruman over on the left, Gandalf on the right and put Sauron in the middle or swap him with another character on that shelf.
Old 07-07-2023, 12:50 PM   #19
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Terrific LOTR collection!
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2023, 01:46 PM   #20
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

Thanks, really happy with how it has come together. I was fortunate that when I decided to put a LOTR collection together, it was mostly deciding what to go for with each character I wanted, and where to stop, as most of these had already been made in multiple formats.