Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Leave it to the Professionals Please > Erick Sosa

Old 02-16-2012, 02:21 AM   #11
gylaya79
Death is hereditary.

it still amazes me how we went from a concept, just shooting ideas, almost a year ago and then actually taking that leap of faith. we even had one moment where it almost didn't happen, but we got through it. i know this is your dream bro, but i am honored that your letting jorge and I share this with you. It's going to be one exciting ride and you've got your friends, fans and family behind you all the way.
gylaya79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 03:11 AM   #12
El Pulento
The InJustice League

Like a Boss......

Thanks E and Good luck!!...
El Pulento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 03:14 AM   #13
jansen
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Hi Erick,

Just letting you know that you are my favorite sculptor. I love who you re-create the artist work and translate it into 3D. I hope you all the best. I know I would definately be picking up commissions from you in the future.

Cheers mate!
jansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 06:40 PM   #14
ZKULPTOR
MASTERING 3D!!!!!!
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by boondocksaint View Post
All the best brother! weve worked together and its been a pleasure! this is a great thing and im sure you will succeed like you have this far
you have my support as i have always been a fan of your work!

talk to you soon homie! im gonna need some sculpting tips! lol

all the best to you and your great family!
Its been great man, and I am here to help you, and anyone, I will be doing some Ustream, I am just setting up my schedule so we can all hang out, I can answer questions, and give you all some tips.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meta Jon View Post
Always love seeing your work - love my Xforce line up from Koto
Best of luck in the future!
Thanks John!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
Thanks for sharing Erick, you are a true gentleman, and one of Statueforum's biggest assets. You are more than just a sculptor here, you are family
Dunno what to say, but thank you, I feel the same way about you guys and this place...it would suck not be a be able to interact with you guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
Erick, as you may know, I've been worried about you. I'm so glad to hear that you're doing much better, brother. It's also awesome that you've decided that you'll being doing your own thing.
Thank you Adam, you've been too cool to me, and am thankful for your concern, looking forward to playing street fighter online, very soon!
Quote:
Originally Posted by skorpsta View Post
erik all the best brotha!!...your a masta at this trad man..and glenn is great people!!..i repainted his koto deadpool for him in a white..and i have to say the sculpt you did on it is amazing!!..as all of your kotos and statues are..good luck man..and glad you are back in great health.. rob.
You painted that? cool man, great job, and thanks! Yes Glenn is one of those rare people that truly live to help others, guy is amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexus View Post
Hey Erick,

Good to hear you're doing better. Gotta put family and health first, everything else pales in comparison. I'll be dropping you a note in the next day or so, so we can catch up and talk.

M
You are righ Morgan, thank you.
Anytime, thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flex1 View Post
Glad to hear your feeling better and recovering, i know how you feel, I had neck surgery in on July 10,2011. The best on your new business venture I know it will be great as all your work always is.
Wow man, I am sorry, you know every now and then I feel a bit of pain, but that is when I know I have to stop working... honestly I am afraid to work myself to death, so this is one of the main reason for this change.
So are you doing better now?
In any event, thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reme Lebeau View Post
Thanks for sharing your story with us man! I love your work and am happy that you're going to be able to continue doing it in a different medium while balancing that with a healthy lifestyle and rich family life. All the best to you!
Thanks man, well I am not leaving traditional sculpting at all, but more like using Cg as a tool ( mainly for Koto, but I will still make sure they look like they were hand sculpted) to do things faster, (build ups, posing, anatomy, accessories). Now, I wish someone asked me to do some large scale stuff done by hand, I've always wanted to do large scale busts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gylaya79 View Post
it still amazes me how we went from a concept, just shooting ideas, almost a year ago and then actually taking that leap of faith. we even had one moment where it almost didn't happen, but we got through it. i know this is your dream bro, but i am honored that your letting jorge and I share this with you. It's going to be one exciting ride and you've got your friends, fans and family behind you all the way.
true man, almost did not make it, but things that matter in life never come easily... thanks Glenn for being there... and Jorge, if you read this, you too hommie!
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pulento View Post
Like a Boss......

Thanks E and Good luck!!...
Thanks man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jansen View Post
Hi Erick,

Just letting you know that you are my favorite sculptor. I love who you re-create the artist work and translate it into 3D. I hope you all the best. I know I would definately be picking up commissions from you in the future.

Cheers mate!
Thank you sir! and I am all ears.
ZKULPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 01:08 AM   #15
C. Bormann
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Erick - I wish you the best of luck. And I am glad that you are feeling better.
C. Bormann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 07:33 AM   #16
risingstar
Jedi Order

Good luck! Life is way too short not to find the time.
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 02:50 PM   #17
hotrodhoodrat
What is a free gift? Aren't all gifts free?

Wow... I got bits & peaces, here & their, glad to hear the great news,
you sticking around and also your feeling much better
I liked reading your posts, even before I came to be a member here,
I hope to learn a lot from you, you have my respect and admiration
sir, I hope & wish you the best in this new endeavor, CG sounds
to be fun and much easier, I can't wait to see you new work !
I'm a 41yr old man and I can say.. go for the stars, I wished I would
of done the same when I was much younger,
"go for it & don't look back !"
hotrodhoodrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 03:34 PM   #18
actionjackson83
Midnighter

Thank god you got that neck issue taken care of. Glad to hear all is well now. Even liked to hear that you're excercising regularly as a gym rat myself . Hope I get to meet you one day at SDCC Erick, and looking forward to your the company you start and all the projects you do in the future. Keep up the lines of communications here man.
actionjackson83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 08:19 PM   #19
ZKULPTOR
MASTERING 3D!!!!!!
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Bormann View Post
Erick - I wish you the best of luck. And I am glad that you are feeling better.
Thanks man! I am back to 100% however if I work more more than normal hours my neck begins to hurt a bit..

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
Good luck! Life is way too short not to find the time.
Exactly! thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodhoodrat View Post
Wow... I got bits & peaces, here & their, glad to hear the great news,
you sticking around and also your feeling much better
I liked reading your posts, even before I came to be a member here,
I hope to learn a lot from you, you have my respect and admiration
sir, I hope & wish you the best in this new endeavor, CG sounds
to be fun and much easier, I can't wait to see you new work !
I'm a 41yr old man and I can say.. go for the stars, I wished I would
of done the same when I was much younger,
"go for it & don't look back !"
Means a lot Hotrod!

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionjackson83 View Post
Thank god you got that neck issue taken care of. Glad to hear all is well now. Even liked to hear that you're excercising regularly as a gym rat myself . Hope I get to meet you one day at SDCC Erick, and looking forward to your the company you start and all the projects you do in the future. Keep up the lines of communications here man.
Sure thing, just let me know when you will be attending, we can go get lunch or something! And yeah exercise just makes one feel tons better!
ZKULPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 11:41 AM   #20
actionjackson83
Midnighter

COOL! Hope I can get tickets this year.

Any chance of doing king of fighter characters along with the Street Fighter ones for prototypezstudio? Industry is long overdue for a de-facto Terry Bogard statue
actionjackson83 is offline   Reply With Quote