Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 05-18-2006, 05:59 PM   #1
Babytoxie
Ghost

Darn the media! They did it again!

Rock legend Sir Paul McCartney and his wife Heather Mills McCartney have split after nearly four of years of marriage. The former Beatle, 63, and charity campaigner Mills, 38, released a statement yesterday confirming their separation, citing "media intrusion" as the cause of their marital troubles. A joint statement reads, "Having tried exceptionally hard to make our relationship work given the daily pressures surrounding us, it is with sadness that we have decided to go our separate ways. We have found it increasingly difficult to maintain a normal relationship with constant intrusion into our private lives. Our parting is amicable and both of us still care about each other very much."

Honestly, I don't care whether they are together or apart, but that statement... it seems to me that no matter how hard the media intrude upon any celebrities' lives, if they have what it takes, they could make their marriage work. Maybe I'm just being naive about this, but is it really fair to blame outside influences for your breakup? In the end, it's all up to how the two people deal with the various "intrusions".
Babytoxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 06:26 PM   #2
pablocruze
Minister of GORE/ROT Mod Relations

Sir PC and Mrs. PC don't find the media intrusion a stumbling block for their marriage relationship...sure it's intrusive, but we've learned to deal with it.
pablocruze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 06:30 PM   #3
nexus
Young Justice
Adamantium Plus Member

Yeah, sure it was the media. Riiiight. No prenup is what broke up that marriage.
nexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 06:38 PM   #4
JLM
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I think it is a shame when any marriage breaks up. Any marriage stands or falls on how the couple deal with whatever life throws at them.

I'm only an outsider looking in, but media interest in Paul McCartney is hardly a new thing. Mills and McCartney also sought media interest to promote their various causes and I've no criticism of them for doing that. However, to actively court the press for your own purposes, but then blame it when something goes wrong for you, is one circle I can't square ....
JLM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 08:19 PM   #5
JM28Cardiff
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Heather Mills....ugh. She milked the loss of her leg for all it was worth, bagged herself a Beatle. It said in the paper (not that we should believe it all) that she was envious that he was more famous than her (I didnt realise she was famous at all). Papers now reckon she will get £200 million in a divorce settlement, makes her the most successful ho in history! Heck, I'd do McCartney for 200 mil!
JM28Cardiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 08:23 PM   #6
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

that is a crock of bs ... I hate the whole "pass the buck" mentality ... just say that you have decided to part ways don't blame anyone else
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 09:52 PM   #7
William Paquet
Sculptor
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablocruze
Sir PC and Mrs. PC don't find the media intrusion a stumbling block for their marriage relationship...sure it's intrusive, but we've learned to deal with it.
What's amazing for you Pablo, is that you actually beat that morals charge.

I woulda never seen you worm outta that one.

I think the media will back off once the dust settles, and your collection of paraphernalia gets picked up by Sotheby's to go with the Charlie Manson and Michael Jackson auction.

Good luck with that. I've got silent bids in on a few choice nuggets.
William Paquet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 10:02 PM   #8
pablocruze
Minister of GORE/ROT Mod Relations

Quote:
Originally Posted by William Paquet
What's amazing for you Pablo, is that you actually beat that morals charge.

I woulda never seen you worm outta that one.

I think the media will back off once the dust settles, and your collection of paraphernalia gets picked up by Sotheby's to go with the Charlie Manson and Michael Jackson auction.

Good luck with that. I've got silent bids in on a few choice nuggets.
You know what impresses me the most about you, WP?

Not your sculpting talents...

Not your sense of humor...

Not your media savvy...

No, what impresses me most is that you can spell paraphernalia correctly and without Fossa's help!!!

So tell me...

How many times did that word appear on your RAP SHEET before you learned to spell it correctly?

PS...that morals charge was bogus...they can't charge you for something you don't have!!!
pablocruze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 10:08 PM   #9
Zurbaran1
Mod Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexus
Yeah, sure it was the media. Riiiight. No prenup is what broke up that marriage.

I believe that in England prenups are not binding. A judge can take it into consideration but does not have to uphold it. According to something I read in the paper, she asked him about a prenup but he refused to draw one up as a show of his love (and awareness of its non-binding status).
Zurbaran1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 10:09 PM   #10
William Paquet
Sculptor
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablocruze
[COLOR=Purple][B]
So tell me...

How many times did that word appear on your RAP SHEET before you learned to spell it correctly?

27. Didn't even have to spell check.
William Paquet is offline   Reply With Quote