Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 11-25-2015, 02:42 PM   #111
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igo View Post
Im just going to say this... it's a weird "coincidence" that this thread got bumped...

Do it! Dark Phoenix please and with firebird. It and DP go hand in hand. If you release this you will have a lot of happy collectors.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 03:56 PM   #112
Silverine
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Good stuff
Silverine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 05:15 PM   #113
supermetroid
Teen Titans

SS is capable of making a great Phoenix but their X-men line is probably the most disappointing to me. Gambit is the best but the others miss the mark with pajama looking fabric or awkward poses and mismatched bases. It'll be hard to top XM's Phoenix, I think the face sculpt may be better but the production paints won't do it justice.
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 06:18 PM   #114
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermetroid View Post
SS is capable of making a great Phoenix but their X-men line is probably the most disappointing to me. Gambit is the best but the others miss the mark with pajama looking fabric or awkward poses and mismatched bases. It'll be hard to top XM's Phoenix, I think the face sculpt may be better but the production paints won't do it justice.
I think the Storm and Mystique PFs are stunning.
Rogue was gold from the neck down.
I thought Wolverine and Sabretooth were great.
Gambit, yes, perfect.
And I was really negative towards the Jean Grey PF, but I actually love it in hand. So much so, that own two of them so I can display both portraits.

I have to agree about the X-bases though, they aren't great. BUT that is what people wanted at the time. And now they get criticized for listening to their collectors.

I am still waiting on my XM Phoenix. I want to see how perfect this XM paint is. I've seen a few pictures of sloppy paint from them. Especially on their Thanos.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 06:33 PM   #115
gomur
The Tick

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
I think the Storm and Mystique PFs are stunning.
Rogue was gold from the neck down.
I thought Wolverine and Sabretooth were great.
Gambit, yes, perfect.
And I was really negative towards the Jean Grey PF, but I actually love it in hand. So much so, that own two of them so I can display both portraits.

I have to agree about the X-bases though, they aren't great. BUT that is what people wanted at the time. And now they get criticized for listening to their collectors.

I am still waiting on my XM Phoenix. I want to see how perfect this XM paint is. I've seen a few pictures of sloppy paint from them. Especially on their Thanos.
It's not so much that I hate the X-bases, but more the inconsistent look. Either all environmental or all X-logo should've been the decree IMO.

Rogue's buttock reduction wasn't appreciated, speaking of the neck down.

I thought the mixed media on Gambit, Rogue, and Cyclops was fantastic. Not so much concealing Psylocke and (more so) Colossus's physiques, but that's my aesthetic.

Gambit is the showstopper, especially with the Jim Lee portrait. Perfection!

Storm, even with a different era's costume, doesn't get nearly enough praise. She's amazing and probably the second best.

I'm eager to see what SS does for a Phoenix, but I'm bowing out of 1/4 Marvel. Make mine DC. And Lanterns. Lots of Lanterns!
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 06:46 PM   #116
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomur View Post
It's not so much that I hate the X-bases, but more the inconsistent look. Either all environmental or all X-logo should've been the decree IMO.

Rogue's buttock reduction wasn't appreciated, speaking of the neck down.

I thought the mixed media on Gambit, Rogue, and Cyclops was fantastic. Not so much concealing Psylocke and (more so) Colossus's physiques, but that's my aesthetic.

Gambit is the showstopper, especially with the Jim Lee portrait. Perfection!

Storm, even with a different era's costume, doesn't get nearly enough praise. She's amazing and probably the second best.

I'm eager to see what SS does for a Phoenix, but I'm bowing out of 1/4 Marvel. Make mine DC. And Lanterns. Lots of Lanterns!
I forgot about the butt fiasco on Rogue.
It wasn't a huge deal for me in the end. I don't need to see her wedgie, lol.

I didn't like the Psylocke design much at the time. But it has grown on me. I refuse to buy a piece that has cracking paint.

I've purged my Marvel PF collection. All I have now are my two Jeans and the Blink custom. So it is kind of a out-of-sight, out-of-mind line for me.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 09:12 PM   #117
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhy View Post
lol...so true. Make Dark Phoenix happen SS, I need her in my life
Green for me. If they do a Dark and green Phoenix, one of them will be a variant. Basically, it'd be nothing more than a repaint. No way SSC can resist that easy money.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 10:26 PM   #118
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
I forgot about the butt fiasco on Rogue.
It wasn't a huge deal for me in the end.
I see what you did there
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 11:09 PM   #119
Medusoid
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

It's starting to sound like we might be getting one. If so, I can't wait to see what it looks like. I've been waiting for this for a long time.
Medusoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 12:13 AM   #120
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igo View Post
My goal is to make it worse, if we do one, just so no one feels obligated to buy it, or the 4 or 9 variants we do of it.
Go for it i'd be down for a phoenix and dark phoenix variant at 600$ i know SS's will look better than XM, no hate toward XM but SS's will look better.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote