Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 11-25-2015, 12:02 PM   #571
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertR213 View Post
It's a heart

Sideshow <3 (loves) JSC
Lol there I thought it was something else
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 12:18 PM   #572
Hanky Panky
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igo View Post
More JSC collaborations are definitely coming. Unfortunately they arnt Spider-Gwen, but I dont think anyone is going to complain about what we have planned, it's just going to take a bit because JSC's schedule is crazy busy.

Sideshow <3 JSC
Awesome news! Looking forward to more from Campbell's collaboration.
Hanky Panky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 12:36 PM   #573
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igo View Post
More JSC collaborations are definitely coming. Unfortunately they arnt Spider-Gwen, but I dont think anyone is going to complain about what we have planned, it's just going to take a bit because JSC's schedule is crazy busy.

Sideshow <3 JSC
I like Campbell so I wont complain about new statues being produced from him. That being said, it would really be nice to see Sideshow branch out a bit more in regards to the various artists that are out there. There has just been so much focus on Artgerm and Campbell the last couple years yet there are many other great artists that are practically being ignored. Parrillo, Benes and Finch are just 3 off the top of my head.

Have you guys even seen the cover work that Parrillo did for Dynamite for thier Red Sonja, Queen Sonja, and Dejah Thoris comics? I personally consider those some of the strongest cover runs in the entire history of comics. And Finch and Benes are also incredible artists. How about a PF Aphrodite IX statue from Finch, a Dejah Throis statue from Parrillo, or a Birds of Prey Statue from Benes (Huntress, Black Canary, etc). Any one of those would be a day one pre order for me.

Again, I like Campbell, like most of the other people in here, but IMO Sideshow really seems to be focused on too few artists these days. There is just so much more to the comic world that just Artgerm and Campbell. Just my 2 cents.
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 02:01 PM   #574
Dragoncurry
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
I like Campbell so I wont complain about new statues being produced from him. That being said, it would really be nice to see Sideshow branch out a bit more in regards to the various artists that are out there. There has just been so much focus on Artgerm and Campbell the last couple years yet there are many other great artists that are practically being ignored. Parrillo, Benes and Finch are just 3 off the top of my head.

Have you guys even seen the cover work that Parrillo did for Dynamite for thier Red Sonja, Queen Sonja, and Dejah Thoris comics? I personally consider those some of the strongest cover runs in the entire history of comics. And Finch and Benes are also incredible artists. How about a PF Aphrodite IX statue from Finch, a Dejah Throis statue from Parrillo, or a Birds of Prey Statue from Benes (Huntress, Black Canary, etc). Any one of those would be a day one pre order for me.

Again, I like Campbell, like most of the other people in here, but IMO Sideshow really seems to be focused on too few artists these days. There is just so much more to the comic world that just Artgerm and Campbell. Just my 2 cents.
Campbell isn't just comics you know. He just draws women like a beast. I don't like JSC Spidey (and i got the EX) but his women are all top form. You gotta get his calendar where he does the disney ladies, they are sooo sexy.
Dragoncurry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 12:34 AM   #575
Igo
Producer
Producer

The thing is, relationships with artists is hard work. Most of them would be the first ones to tell you how bad they are at working in statue work along side their main bread and butter work (Marvel, DC, their own IP, etc) because usually statue work is just a cool bonus, but nothing that keeps their lights on.

JSC and Stanley we have really solid relationships with, and working with them has been really awesome, and the fans love em, so Im not about to say no to them when we have a good thing going for all parties involved (them, us, and collectors.)

We still have great relationships with Ariel, Adam, and Mark, and we stay in touch, sometimes timing is just not right, sometimes things circle back.

As for new artists, there are lots Id love to work with. Personally, not a fan of certain artists so many are fans of, and lots of artists can be really difficult to work with. So when you find some you can totally jam with, you want to keep jamming.

But, always looking for new opportunities. We're also growing our own all-stars, which has been great, hoping to see some of these guys REALLY blow up.
Igo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 09:48 PM   #576
Shoo
Hercules

Ex Felicia is already on a waitlist.
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 12:21 AM   #577
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanky Panky View Post
Awesome news! Looking forward to more from Campbell's collaboration.
Same here ...looking forward to it.

This is very good news considering I thought this was going to be the very last JSC piece.
AC_808 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 01:22 PM   #578
Igo
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
This is very good news considering I thought this was going to be the very last JSC piece.
Not unless he get's SOOOO busy he cant commit, or falls off the face of the planet. Neither we want to happen
Igo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 09:07 PM   #579
BarrelCannon
Nightwing

So SSALEX mentioned the new production pics that are coming look promising in the RS thread. Can't wait to see how the piece turns out.
BarrelCannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 02:38 PM   #580
AC_808
Hercules

Cool! Can't wait to see production pics. More importantly ...can't wait to get his in hand.
AC_808 is online now   Reply With Quote