Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 11-25-2015, 04:50 AM   #971
EnShinNoi
Midnighter

The water is awesome. I've loved it since day 1. The art direction is strong across the COTD line, especially with this piece.

Not long to wait now.
EnShinNoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 06:33 AM   #972
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
I really like this piece, but the water was just a big mistake imo. In theory, it sounds great, but it just doesnt translate well into a 3D statue, at least not like this. The only way I really see water working with statues is if its something like water crashing off of rocks on the base. Simulating a half in and half out of water environment just doesnt look right. This piece would have been much stronger without the water. I understand that she is a creature of the sea. I don't need replicated water around her to understand that fact.

Will still probably wind up getting this, but I still think it would have been a much stronger statue without the water. Ultimately, I think it really adversly effects the overall flow of her figure/body. It really is a beautiful piece. The top half looks great and the bottom half looks great. Its just that damn water in the middle that really brings it down a couple notches.

I always thought the water line was needed to show the transformation of her body when out of water, that's why I think the water effect is so essential, in contact with the air her skin turns Blue and smooth, but when under water she's rotting.

That's the story I always got from this piece although Sideshow kinda ruined my theory by showing the artprint and box with her fully submerged and looking the same, oh well.
majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 06:35 AM   #973
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSAlex View Post
Though the water element is removable it is also keyed into the sides of the Siren. So if one were to display it without the water element it would show the keyholes where the water pieces key in.
Hey Alex are her tentacles/snares pose-able ?

I've seen them in different positions in other pics.
majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 05:57 PM   #974
SSAlex
Sideshow
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestic1 View Post
Hey Alex are her tentacles/snares pose-able ?

I've seen them in different positions in other pics.
They are somewhat pose-able as they are meant to plug into certain spots around her tail. So they have some give/bend in them but not enough to wrap around an area of her tail several times (for example). More so they can be dropped over certain elements on the base, left to dangle or be plugged in.
SSAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 06:06 PM   #975
dechirico7
The Flash

Is there a better estimate on when this is shipping? Late Decemeber? Mid January?
I can't believe this might make it out before Red Death.
Red Death went up for pre-order in December of 2013.
The Siren went up 6 months later in July.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 08:45 PM   #976
SSAlex
Sideshow
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
Is there a better estimate on when this is shipping? Late Decemeber? Mid January?
I can't believe this might make it out before Red Death.
Red Death went up for pre-order in December of 2013.
The Siren went up 6 months later in July.
She's arriving in two batches in December. Batch one is estimated to arrive in early December and Batch two (which should complete all orders for the item) is estimated to arrive in mid-December. Barring any issues such as a port slow down, strike, port fire, etc. then most people should have her in hand before the end of the year.
SSAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 08:52 PM   #977
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSAlex View Post
She's arriving in two batches in December. Batch one is estimated to arrive in early December and Batch two (which should complete all orders for the item) is estimated to arrive in mid-December. Barring any issues such as a port slow down, strike, port fire, etc. then most people should have her in hand before the end of the year.
Since I am your "coolest" customer, are you going to put me in the first batch?
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 09:00 PM   #978
EnShinNoi
Midnighter

Do international wholesalers receive their shipment straight from China? Or does it go through Sideshow first?

If it's the latter, I'm going to be waiting a lot longer than everybody else
EnShinNoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 07:21 PM   #979
Xaerius
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestic1 View Post
I always thought the water line was needed to show the transformation of her body when out of water, that's why I think the water effect is so essential, in contact with the air her skin turns Blue and smooth, but when under water she's rotting.

That's the story I always got from this piece although Sideshow kinda ruined my theory by showing the art print and box with her fully submerged and looking the same, oh well.
I thought the same thing! Personally, I'm going to view it as though that she does transform when out of water because that was one of the things that made this piece seem so cool. The art print doesn't really make a lot of sense even though I can see how she may never come out of the water more than to her waist, considering how long her tail is. Still, hopefully they "fix" that prior to drawing the comics...she should look evil when under the water...or they have failed.

Looking at the art print/box again, I see that her hands are different than the statue! So, she DOES transform under the water. I'm assuming that the art box/print are just for show but that we were actually correct in our assumptions about her changing her look when she is outside of water.

Last edited by Xaerius; 11-27-2015 at 07:25 PM. Reason: Added observation...
Xaerius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 05:12 PM   #980
patrickm3849
Justice League

Your pre-order of the Death's Siren - Court of the Dead - Premium Format Figure (400243) will be arriving into our U.S. warehouse in approximately 13 days at which time we will charge your card for the item. Please review your shipping address and payment information (shown below) at this time to be sure they are correct before (approximately) Tuesday, December 15, 2015. If you need to make any changes or updates you must do so directly on your order through your online account. You can sign into your account by Clicking this Link to your account history.

Anticipated Item Arrival: (approximately) 13 days
patrickm3849 is offline   Reply With Quote