Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 07-05-2016, 10:34 PM   #291
AlizAbef
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post

Aww man. Ok I really like the way both of them look. Yeah the face on the first one might not look like the proto, but regardless of that, it's a very, very good looking face. Painted and everything...that can't be denied. The face on the new exclusive is just as good. Not like the proto, but still great. This guy can sculpt, but even better, the faces of the production statues out of the box are gorgeous. At 1/6 scale, both these faces put a lot of 1/4 scale pieces out there to absolute shame. A lot of collectors don't like the pose of the first one...would rather see her holding the sword and shield, I get it, but I don't mind seeing her with the Lasso of Truth in action either. The left arm/hand on the first release is weird, I can see that too, but if the sword is placed where it's supposed to go, then it makes sense as she is depicted cocking back on her lasso while about to grab the sword at the same time.

There are some things I do like about the first over the exclusive. I like that there's more stars on her undies as opposed to just one on the exclusive. I also like the more classic costume on the first as opposed to the more provocative look of the exclusive. Not too used to seeing Wonder Woman depicted like that, but it is still very, very nice.

However, the one thing that didn't win me over on the exclusive is the transition from her legs to her boots. You can see it in the pics that built posted. I'm not sure how bad that looks in person, but from these pics (and these are good clear pics) those seams aren't winning me over at all. Especially when you look at how good her legs flow into her boots on the first release.
AlizAbef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 10:38 PM   #292
nearmint
Phoenix

So the Sideshow site still shows the original photos. If you order it, do you get the original, or the the new one?
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 10:43 PM   #293
Seanrm
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
So the Sideshow site still shows the original photos. If you order it, do you get the original, or the the new one?
I still want to know this, too.
I'm not talking about the EE "exclusive" but rather the original release that was supposedly recalled and repainted.

There hasn't been a word from Yamato confirming that this ever actually happened and, if so, who has the old stock and who has the repainted version.
Seanrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 10:49 PM   #294
Towelie
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlizAbef View Post
Aww man. Ok I really like the way both of them look. Yeah the face on the first one might not look like the proto, but regardless of that, it's a very, very good looking face. Painted and everything...that can't be denied. The face on the new exclusive is just as good. Not like the proto, but still great. This guy can sculpt, but even better, the faces of the production statues out of the box are gorgeous. At 1/6 scale, both these faces put a lot of 1/4 scale pieces out there to absolute shame. A lot of collectors don't like the pose of the first one...would rather see her holding the sword and shield, I get it, but I don't mind seeing her with the Lasso of Truth in action either. The left arm/hand on the first release is weird, I can see that too, but if the sword is placed where it's supposed to go, then it makes sense as she is depicted cocking back on her lasso while about to grab the sword at the same time.

There are some things I do like about the first over the exclusive. I like that there's more stars on her undies as opposed to just one on the exclusive. I also like the more classic costume on the first as opposed to the more provocative look of the exclusive. Not too used to seeing Wonder Woman depicted like that, but it is still very, very nice.

However, the one thing that didn't win me over on the exclusive is the transition from her legs to her boots. You can see it in the pics that built posted. I'm not sure how bad that looks in person, but from these pics (and these are good clear pics) those seams aren't winning me over at all. Especially when you look at how good her legs flow into her boots on the first release.
I think the picture exaggerates the seams. With normal eyes viewing it I bet you don't notice it. I'm leaning towards getting the EX myself.
Towelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 05:58 PM   #295
nearmint
Phoenix

I just got an email from Sideshow saying this is coming out between December and February. Is this the original statue with the face fixed?
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 03:50 AM   #296
iceprince_x
Deadman

yes i am also intrigue by this... is this the same as the prototype ?
iceprince_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 03:23 PM   #297
jeffyamatousa
Producer
Producer

Reproduction of the Wonder Woman

Hello

The Wonder Woman is in reproduction
as this will be our last run.
jeffyamatousa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 06:47 PM   #298
Medusoid
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffyamatousa View Post
Hello

Has the face been fixed?
Medusoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 01:22 AM   #299
casbyness
Frackin!

Well, what happened with this statue effectively killed off my enthusiasm for buying any statues whatsoever. I haven't bought any since cancelling my order.

If after all this time a new run is produced, with the same face and paint job as the prototype, that might just be enough to get me back into the hobby again.

But it really, really needs to match the prototype. A complete 100% improvement on the terrible production pieces that were released originally, otherwise I'm just not interested.
casbyness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 11:06 AM   #300
casbyness
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffyamatousa View Post
Hello

If you still have and ever want to sell the prototype, just let me know!

No really, I'd totally buy it from Yamato if the issue ever arose.
casbyness is offline   Reply With Quote