Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 10-20-2016, 09:57 PM   #951
Wombat
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wombat View Post
Got my shipping notice.

So one package is showing deliver on Monday. The other shows it was never picked up.
Wombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 10:34 AM   #952
Wombat

Question for those that have received DD1. I got two shipping numbers. I know it is three boxes (two banded together and one separate) so that makes sense. When I click tracking for one it says on delivery truck. The other says only a label was created and never picked up. That can't possibly be right, can it? A week later and one box is still not shipped?
Old 10-22-2016, 11:54 AM   #953
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Question for those that have received DD1. I got two shipping numbers. I know it is three boxes (two banded together and one separate) so that makes sense. When I click tracking for one it says on delivery truck. The other says only a label was created and never picked up. That can't possibly be right, can it? A week later and one box is still not shipped?
Yes. That's how mine worked. Got the horse and two heads in one box first and then about 10 days later got the banded boxes with rider and accessories in one and base in the other.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 11:56 AM   #954
Wombat

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
Yes. That's how mine worked. Got the horse and two heads in one box first and then about 10 days later got the banded boxes with rider and accessories in one and base in the other.
Why would they not ship at the same time?
Old 10-22-2016, 12:10 PM   #955
FriendlySamurai
Luke Cage

no clue, eleven days for me. Sux but you'll be happy when its all together. This piece is awesome.
FriendlySamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 02:16 PM   #956
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Why would they not ship at the same time?
Most likely packing maximizing in truck. They probably have a system to get as many boxes in a truck as possible and shipping the three DD boxes at once ends up with dead space but combining horse boxes with other statues and banded boxes with something else gives them maximum overall shipping capacity. That's my guess anyway. Boxes are very different sizes.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 03:20 AM   #957
SAB380
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReTardist View Post
My personal tastes lean more toward fine art. I really enjoy sculpting the Frazetta women. I enjoyed sculpting a lot of the figurative stuff for Arahom but at the end of the day I am just am an extension of whatever art director I am working under. I felt the same way working at McFarlane and I feel the same way at Blizzard. I enjoy the process, the problem solving, the anatomy, the engineering... but none of these things are really a reflection of my own artistic pursuits. I'm just breathing life in to someone else's vision. My house is filled with JW Waterhouse prints.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReTardist View Post
Not to hijack the thread but here is a personal piece I completed recently that I really enjoyed. It's a bit rough around the edges but I find that when a sculpt isn't noodled to death with over polished details, there is a certain life or vitality in it. I'm actually not a fan of nudity for nudity's sake. I'm not in to all the blood and violence either. I find a lot of it tacky. I like peace and quiet reflection. I see the human form as a wonderful mode of expression. It can be purely abstract or purely representational. Either way, if handled with care, it is the most sublime form of sculpture.
Cool insight, thanks.

As my favorite sculptor, I'm glad you work in this format, even if you don't collect your own stuff
SAB380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 11:51 PM   #958
dreamactius
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Pheidias View Post
Say the truth..you just dont want a sculpted giant donkey on steriods in your house
Sounds like someone is butthurt they missed out on ARH's best piece to date.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	922943.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	85.7 KB
ID:	99125  
dreamactius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 08:42 PM   #959
Wombat

Got package #1. Package #2 not even shipped yet. This seems ludicrous.
Old 10-24-2016, 09:58 PM   #960
FriendlySamurai
Luke Cage

the wait between boxes is torture. hide it in the closet and pretend u didnt get it
FriendlySamurai is offline   Reply With Quote