Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 02-17-2018, 04:29 AM   #1511
iguana
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Askani81 View Post
Looking fantastic! Patiently waiting for my combo
last boat mate, will take at least 3-4 weeks more I think :/, but we waited so long, what are a few weeks XD?
iguana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 12:58 PM   #1512
qz33
Rescue

Man I want to see more of his cat eyes. They look good are they acrylic?
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 01:30 PM   #1513
naeser2008
Justice League

That is probably the best battle Cat sculpt we will EVER see
from any company. Pure awesomeness.

Sad that it will be another two months or so before I see my
EX set, but those pics are amazing.
naeser2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 11:52 PM   #1514
Askani81
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by iguana View Post
last boat mate, will take at least 3-4 weeks more I think :/, but we waited so long, what are a few weeks XD?
You are right. Actually I am prepared to wait for it until I get hold of it
Askani81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 05:57 AM   #1515
samueljd
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I'm moving in about a month, so I might have to give PCS my new address to ship this pair and my Conan statues. I was hoping they'd be shipped before my move.
samueljd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 01:16 PM   #1516
BillyCurly
Dreams of Youth are the Regrets of Maturity
Adamantium Plus Member

Really want this cat. I will have the one with no mask to go with the heman, and have the one with mask to go with filmation heman, its close enough, ill just put some slits in the eye caps. The likely hood even if they get back the license to do another cat that is SLIGHTLY different is not likely. So I can live with that, but get here now. I needed them delievered to my sisters for the 25th so I could drive down and get them while my visiting parents from florida could watch my dogs. Doesnt look like that is going to happen now. UHHHHHH
BillyCurly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 02:02 PM   #1517
BillyCurly
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iguana View Post

Definately in my opinion the best MOTU piece to be released. The realistic Heman not so good, they should have done the comic version like grayskull with longer hair and to look more barbarian and not just another semi realistic version IMO. Id say the runner up to Battlecat is definately the Sorceress EX for sure. She was beautiful and so many got damaged, so for those who have a good one, congrats.

Dam, they need the license back, the filmation line was too dam good and thats something that needs to continue. For the multi media line, Im not a fan, but they do need to do the skeletor and panthor and end it. But I want him on that amazing throne, sitting or standing in front of it, I dont care if panthor is sitting like a guard dog or laying beside throne roaring like he always did. I dont want another set of the same thing like heman and battle cat.

I want a set that completely just really shows there charactor in its best form. Having statues in simular poses like they are going to fight is just soooo.............toy like to me. I can do that with toys all day long, but statues, I just want them to look bad ass. And I think skeletor sitting on the bone throne pointing his finger with maybe a white freeze ray coming out of his finger and panthor sitting roaring would be the ULTIMATE version of him. Thats my opinion and then they should stop that line there. and continue for as long as you can the Filmation line.

FILMATION is what we grew up on and seeing them in statue form at this size is a dream come true. With sooo many companies doing other versions of realistic mult media versions of heman, im sorry, but sideshow tweeter head has PCS beat here IMO. There new ideas and takes on these charactors are OUTSTANDING, almost like they could be FILM versions. Where PCS has everyone beat, is the Filmation line, no one can touch it or do it better. They had it down to a science and just thinking of what a Merman or Modulok or even Evil seed and a huge RAM MAN would blow our minds. This is what I pray for and I think most fans too.

Too bad for statues that had issues, but there is always a chance to put a second version out or a second batch to correct the first problems like the sorceress. Sorceress on HER throne would be a good one. There is so many ways they could go, and they would sell. Just focus on the Filmation line, its the one line that you had perfect and no other company could replicate it and do it better. The paint the little things like attention to detail like the pillars gargoyles on Scorceress are all top notch. Its the one line out of everything PCS has made past and present till she ra is released that was the best line they made and could go on forever really.

Sorry for long post, but I get so excited when seeing these pictures of stuff we have waited so dam long for. She ra is a year past due and she is the last one. HOPEFULLY Anthony or Mark will have some good news for us and tell us Merman and skeletor /panthor or being made, work on panthor had already been worked on, but maybe with the feedback on what fans wanted, they may start from scratch.

Great photos and an update from anthony or Mark on if were getting the MOTU license back or not would be great. I think its time to ask are we getting it or not??

Cheers
Old 02-19-2018, 04:04 PM   #1518
bObA_fEtt_Ox
Hydra

Very good long post Billy !

You are right this statue is fantastic and we are now waiting for Skeletor panthor.
And as a huge Filmation fan, at least Mer-man but would badly want to get another ones too.
bObA_fEtt_Ox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 04:59 PM   #1519
FriendlySamurai
Luke Cage

Wow! I better get to work on his new home-
FriendlySamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 05:35 PM   #1520
BillyCurly
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bObA_fEtt_Ox View Post
Very good long post Billy !

You are right this statue is fantastic and we are now waiting for Skeletor panthor.
And as a huge Filmation fan, at least Mer-man but would badly want to get another ones too.
Thanks Boba fett. I do tend to go on and on when I get excited..........its finally almost here! I just LOVE MOTU so much and PCS was doing such a great job.........wish they can just get it back and maybe put out 3 or 4 a year, give us chance to save and recieve them with in a year. I think that sounds about norm to me. Lets just hope they get it back.....the licence. If not, well, at least we got this KICK ASS BATTLE CAT. The two heads was such a great idea, going all the way back to the comics. Killer! Its SOO HUGE!!! 3 Feet long.....dont know where im going to put it, on my bed if I have to! Lol