Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-23-2018, 10:35 AM   #8841
kingdavidf
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

i feel like the issues with breakages might be in a way because of how bloody cold its been. i dont know per se how resin reacts to extreme cold weather but i would think it may make it a tad easier for things to snap the colder it is.
kingdavidf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 10:49 AM   #8842
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordthanos View Post
So that’s totally normal? It looks horrible, if it’s not finger smudges then it’s a very crappy representation of texture or cosmic effect! Anybody else with the same paint job???? Anyone without this??

This will be the last statue I buy from SS, from here on XM Studios and Prime 1 are the only statues I’ll spend my hard earned $ on.
You shine a flashlight on anything and look at it at an angle and you will find blemishes with them all Seriously though, you don't even see it at normal lighting. If you didn't mention it I would not have seen it.

Anyways, if you're not happy with ToT, it is a good time to sell while the EX is hot. Big bucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdavidf View Post
i feel like the issues with breakages might be in a way because of how bloody cold its been. i dont know per se how resin reacts to extreme cold weather but i would think it may make it a tad easier for things to snap the colder it is.
I would think the cold would make the resin more brittle too. Especially when it is -25 C and sits in a van all night outside.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 11:07 AM   #8843
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by walokbig View Post
Still waiting for mine. This statue every time reminds me more of Shin Akuma 1:3 PCS.A spectacular statue almost ruined by a null quality control. This breakage is not a problem of transport.It almost certain that came out of the factory.
I kind of doubt that. Makes zero sense to package up a broken statue and "hope they don't notice". So I wholeheartedly disagree with you there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdavidf View Post
I was wondering the same. It's been SO cold in some places!
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 11:07 AM   #8844
kingdavidf
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
I would think the cold would make the resin more brittle too. Especially when it is -25 C and sits in a van all night outside.
Yeah, not trying to give SS a pass here, but the amount of breakages(even minor)on this is insane, when you consider we have seen far more delicate statues get delivered unscathed. the only variable here has been the temperature.
kingdavidf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 11:23 AM   #8845
GaryTonge
Kingpin

I don't think it's the temperature. I've had many statues come to me in minus 30 Celsius temps. I think it's more to do with how it was casted. I recently discovered a couple of cracks on the under side of my statue. I sent photos to Sideshow.
GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 11:55 AM   #8846
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryTonge View Post
I don't think it's the temperature. I've had many statues come to me in minus 30 Celsius temps. I think it's more to do with how it was casted. I recently discovered a couple of cracks on the under side of my statue. I sent photos to Sideshow.
With some problems reported by many people I've looked at my statue again and have not found any issues, but I did not look under the statue.

It took a week for my statue to get here due to mudslides and weather and it was cold during the week it traveled across the country so I wouldn't be surprised that length of time the cold could affect the resin. I'm sure there are multiple factors that affect the resin and the cold didn't help.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 12:56 PM   #8847
#Brian
Shadowhawk

With a cardboard shipper, art box and styrofoam liner that is thicker than an ice chest-all of it sealed airtight with tape and nested tightly with other packages, I doubt the internal temp of the statue gets nearly as cold as the outside temps.
#Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 01:08 PM   #8848
khrisc
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryTonge View Post
Can you show a pic so I can check mine when it arrives?
khrisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 01:19 PM   #8849
WolverineFan
I am da law!

At first it seemed like the initial statues that came in, were pretty good QC wise and the “second batch” I guess we can call it, seems to be having a lot of defects. I’m concerned for mine whenever it comes
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 01:27 PM   #8850
XMAN
Ultron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordthanos View Post
So that’s totally normal? It looks horrible, if it’s not finger smudges then it’s a very crappy representation of texture or cosmic effect! Anybody else with the same paint job???? Anyone without this??

This will be the last statue I buy from SS, from here on XM Studios and Prime 1 are the only statues I’ll spend my hard earned $ on.
I won’t speak against the companies you’ve mentioned ....but to be fair.....I’ve had encountered qc issues with them as well......sideshow is not alone.
XMAN is offline   Reply With Quote