Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 02-06-2019, 12:38 PM   #81
Augen
The Hulk

Quote:
Originally Posted by senseimaki View Post
It has been months since I posted with no one biting so I figured a drop in prices on some of the pieces was about time. On eBay I get bites but I really just hate eBay.

I do wanna offload my ARTFX Gal Gadot after I saw that the DC Collectibles BVS one comes really close to her semblance. I wish I found out sooner 'coz the latter is cheaper and bought the former for much more than MSRP. There's something about actual stonework vs PVC that is so appealing.

So if anyone is looking for a like new one for still cheaper than what you can get on eBay, do refer them my way. LOL
Bold: Which one is that?
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 12:43 PM   #82
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
Bold: Which one is that?
You have it, it's the statue that was used for both BvS and JL.

Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 12:46 PM   #83
Augen
The Hulk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
You have it, it's the statue that was used for both BvS and JL.

Okay, yes I do have it, brain fart. That's the one I forgot to put in my group shot.
Old 02-06-2019, 12:51 PM   #84
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
Okay, yes I do have it, brain fart. That's the one I forgot to put in my group shot.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 01:04 PM   #85
Augen
The Hulk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
Know it is a bad with a character when one slips your mind. Ah well, I'll be more careful next time I display them all together.
Old 02-17-2019, 03:47 AM   #86
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

So, bit off topic, but the new online sales tax stuff got me thinking...does anyone, not selling as a business, report their sales when they do their taxes? I'll ask my tax advisor about it, but I am curious if anyone actually does and if anyone can shed some light on what exactly the rules are.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 02:38 PM   #87
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philintheblank View Post
So, bit off topic, but the new online sales tax stuff got me thinking...does anyone, not selling as a business, report their sales when they do their taxes? I'll ask my tax advisor about it, but I am curious if anyone actually does and if anyone can shed some light on what exactly the rules are.
That's a good question. Let us know what your adviser says has to say about it if no one else chimes in.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 09:03 PM   #88
Philintheblank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
That's a good question. Let us know what your adviser says has to say about it if no one else chimes in.
So, for anyone interested...talked to my advisor...short answer is she's not sure. As far as she knows, if you don't make 200 sales and/or $20,000 in sales then you should be good. If you do then you should get a 1099 form. She did say that you're supposed to report any income, at least in some cases, but most people with ebay sales under 200/$20,000 won't.

As far as people with under 200/$20,000...looks like there's three different categories. One being a business (flipping), second being a hobby (selling items on a regular basis throughout the year), and the occasional 'garage sale'. Apparently you're supposed to report your earnings if your selling is considered a hobby or a business. If you're selling stuff to clear space or what not a couple times a year (garage sale) then you don't. That's what I've gathered from limited research, anyway...no idea if any of that will change this year or sometime in the future.
Old 02-19-2019, 09:10 PM   #89
BMW///M3
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philintheblank View Post
In MA and ME you will get a 1099 form from PayPal when u receive more then $600 into ur PayPal.
The other states are $20,000
BMW///M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 05:08 PM   #90
Philintheblank

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW///M3 View Post
In MA and ME you will get a 1099 form from PayPal when u receive more then $600 into ur PayPal.
The other states are $20,000
Ah, okay...saw a post where someone got a 1099 for $3500. So, that makes sense...assuming they were in one of those states.