Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Bowen Designs

Old 02-27-2020, 02:48 PM   #31
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
Wow....anger much?

Never said I didn't like them since I have bought them all. I also didn't say they wouldn't fit in the Detolf...because they do. Just wish some of the bases were a little smaller or billowing capes didn't make the statue twice as wide as it needed to be. I'm so very very sorry my opinion triggered you.
I think PeachFuzz might be banned forum member armitage.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 11:00 AM   #32
dugabrams
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Randy and Tweeterhead? I don't think so. Randy and Captain Morgan poses don't seem to jive, IMO.

And Randy is much more that an artist. He gathered other great artists, got them to perform at a high level while keeping with the consistent comic accurate look. That wasn't easy. He must be very easy to work with.

Then found a way to factory so much high quality content at the lowest price point. Again, not easy.

He could never sculpt again and still out perform most other companies with his management skills, if he chose to.
dugabrams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 09:48 PM   #33
PeachFuzz
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
You thunk wrong.
PeachFuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2020, 05:59 PM   #34
JoeWorf
The Herculoids

Quote:
I'd say you might be on to something....

Sound like anyone we know??? Overreactive? Check. Condescending and dismissive? Check and Check. Intolerant? Check.

Exhibit A:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachFuzz View Post
What the heck are you ordering a Robin statue for anyways? He's a crap character and was only created to get a younger base of fans for the original comics. He was a circus performer for chrissakes and would get his ass kicked routinely if this crap was real. Now if you ordered the Robin statue because of that huge summer vegetable he's packing in those sissy shorts of his then I can't argue with you. That's pretty impressive and you're on the right path to bring all the girls (or uh hum...boys) to your yard.
Exhibit B:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachFuzz View Post
Get some bigger shelves. Stop pissing on creativity because your detolf isn't big enough.
Jeremy, don't apologize to him (even if you were possibly being sarcastic or insincere). His issues go well beyond statues and shelves. Might want to compare his IP address...
JoeWorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 06:51 PM   #35
TMAN2020
Doh!

Like the Silver Age of comics, Bowen is gone and will not return with a Marvel line. The world has changed too much, crappy factories, loads of other statue makers producing their own end products overseas where everything is cheaper. Statues would be much better QC wise if made in the US, but the costs would be crazy for collectors. Not to mention licensing has gone totally insane. The party is over my fellow collectors and that stinks!

Bowen had a great run, he did most of the better characters. Those conditions will never be duplicated. These new producers couldn't care less about proper scaling and building a long running collection. The shipping costs now are greater than the statues used to sell for. And they're too damn large, no room to display them all unless it takes over your house. Bigger is not always better...

I got into the hobby in 1995 and man it was the most fun collecting of anything else I collected.
But everything comes to an end...
TMAN2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 07:48 PM   #36
moviemonster
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoofs View Post
I am a hard working middle class worker and can not afford this hobby anymore XM,Prime one,Sideshow etc,etc have taken over and are producing statues that are way out of price range for me and there seems to be no end in sight. I am not complaining but I just dont have the money or the room for these huge statues. I just want to keep collecting the 1/8 scale statues and mini busts that Randy started.Their size was perfect and their price was not only affordable but his selection of characters was awesome.I dont think I am the only one who feels this way and if Randy ever does come back (hopefully he will) I know he will be a huge sucess.This will be the best sequel yet . Until the return MAKE MINE BOWEN
I wouldn’t worry. This pandemic is going to really hurt the enormous, ridiculously priced pieces. If statue sales are your thing and all you do is continue to produce these types of statues you either won’t financially survive the pandemic or will be so hurt by it they will have to adjust what they produce. Much bigger and more financially backed companies are really suffering. Not to mention how much time will go by during this. XM, Sideshow, Prime 1 all have factories oversees that are not open or not making anything. Not to mention getting it shipped over here isn’t happening. How does a company that only sells $800-$1500 statues stay a float for 3,4 maybe 5 months of zero dollars coming in look when it’s all said and done.
moviemonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 08:05 PM   #37
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dugabrams View Post
Randy and Tweeterhead? I don't think so. Randy and Captain Morgan poses don't seem to jive, IMO.

And Randy is much more that an artist. He gathered other great artists, got them to perform at a high level while keeping with the consistent comic accurate look. That wasn't easy. He must be very easy to work with.

Then found a way to factory so much high quality content at the lowest price point. Again, not easy.

He could never sculpt again and still out perform most other companies with his management skills, if he chose to.
Chad said on a video that someone volunteered to guide and mentor him with his company, He made it sound like it was someone with experience producing statues and who had run a company but he would not say who. I know some people (including myself) thought it might be Randy. Part of it was wishful thinking and part of it made sense in a way.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 08:28 PM   #38
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by moviemonster View Post
How does a company that only sells $800-$1500 statues stay a float for 3,4 maybe 5 months of zero dollars coming in look when it’s all said and done.
Rich people don't suffer during economic downturns, they are still buying expensive things. If you think high-end statues are marketed at middle-class or working-class consumers, you are sorely mistaken.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 01:02 AM   #39
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

and also, most statues are paid for well in advance by either the consumer so these companies do have their money well in advance. Also if the purchaser cancels the order, there would be a restocking fee of anywhere from 20% to 50% so they are still making money.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 03:36 PM   #40
moviemonster
Justice League

Quote:
Rich people don't suffer during economic downturns, they are still buying expensive things. If you think high-end statues are marketed at middle-class or working-class consumers, you are sorely mistaken.
I’m aware they cater to the wealthy but my point is that was their mistake. 60% of America live paycheck to paycheck so theres that. I don’t know how much of the remaining 40% is “middle class” but when you figure how many actual “wealthy enough” people there are buying statues, it’s my educated guess, not that many. Now you have this pandemic where some of those people are not able to make those kind of purchases right now or any longer. They are handing out trillions of dollars to small businesses. Nothing for the “big companies”.
moviemonster is offline   Reply With Quote