Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Bowen Designs

Old 08-02-2014, 10:35 AM   #161
Mammal
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsarri View Post
Make up rumors? I think you are full of ----! You don't even know me to say that. Do you think that I don't have an interest for Bowen to succeed? That my only desire is to destroy Randy's credibility with my long essays on the matter? As countless others, I have invested thousands of dollars over the years on this company, so yes, like everyone else I have a right to know what is truly going on. I am paying close attention to all sources of information concerning BD so I am not being kept in the dark, as you might suggest. I take this information with great assault, and I weight the value of it. After all, I am an optimist that takes calculated risk.

I do not know if you are one of those that like to kiss the ground that Randy walks on. Those that seem to believe that at the end of the day he will conquer the rainbow with light saber in hand and mounted on a pink unicorn. But I am not one of them. I call it like a I see it, and I give credit to every piece of likely and unlikely information. At this point, I am tired of all this waiting. Yes, We have been here before but not as long as this occasion. I do not wait for other companies, why should I do it for Randy? If he does not care to share this information with his loyal customers, why should I care for the outcome of his negotiations with Marvel? Sideshow, Kotobukiya, PopCultureShock, Gentle Giant, etc. Do not offer this problem. I am already planning to move on to greater things and leave Bowen Designs behind. You can stay and drink the Kool aid.
Thank you. It's usually a pretty good sign of a person's objectivity when he has people on both sides of an issue accusing him of being biased. I get called out for "attacking" Bowen by the sycophants at the other site, and now you're accusing me of being biased towards him. That, to me, means I've probably stumbled upon the truth.

Let's sum up my position:
1. I don't think things look good right now for the renewal
2. I think this delay will be horrific for Bowen's business, as fans move on to other companies
3. I think he's done a ----ty job explaining the status to his fan base
4. I think he's actively hurt his fan base by flooding the aftermarket through the Vault sales
5. I think he's still acting as if he's the only game in town (not communicating well, not going to trade shows, etc), when he's not
6. I just don't think there's any substantial evidence that he plans to retire, and there is substantial evidence to the contrary

IMO, anybody that passes off or propagates that retirement business is just pulling things from their butt. And that's even if they turn out to be right. Even broken clocks turn out to be right twice a day.
Mammal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 11:20 AM   #162
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mammal View Post
Thank you. It's usually a pretty good sign of a person's objectivity when he has people on both sides of an issue accusing him of being biased. I get called out for "attacking" Bowen by the sycophants at the other site, and now you're accusing me of being biased towards him. That, to me, means I've probably stumbled upon the truth.

Let's sum up my position:
1. I don't think things look good right now for the renewal
2. I think this delay will be horrific for Bowen's business, as fans move on to other companies
3. I think he's done a ----ty job explaining the status to his fan base
4. I think he's actively hurt his fan base by flooding the aftermarket through the Vault sales
5. I think he's still acting as if he's the only game in town (not communicating well, not going to trade shows, etc), when he's not
6. I just don't think there's any substantial evidence that he plans to retire, and there is substantial evidence to the contrary

IMO, anybody that passes off or propagates that retirement business is just pulling things from their butt. And that's even if they turn out to be right. Even broken clocks turn out to be right twice a day.
Then you and I have more in common that what we might think. I agree with many of your points. And for the record, I am not interested in propagating any false rumors. I am only stating the possibility of an early retirement, previously mentioned by other individuals. Having all the cards on the table can help us to be more objective with our assessment of the situation.
JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 04:26 PM   #163
neomatrix99
What's another word for Thesaurus?

more stuff for sale!
neomatrix99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 08:59 PM   #164
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

...but nothing worth buying.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 09:45 PM   #165
darkeyes
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I picked up a Shanna and a Crimson Dynamo. You won't find a better deal on a Crimson Dynamo, and I figure I'll never find Shanna cheaper. I thought I better jump on any deals as I find them. Bowen statues seem to be getting more expensive on the secondary market, maybe sellers are thinking there won't be a Phase 6 so Bowens will be more sought after collector pieces.
darkeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 08:28 AM   #166
neomatrix99
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkeyes View Post
I picked up a Shanna and a Crimson Dynamo. You won't find a better deal on a Crimson Dynamo, and I figure I'll never find Shanna cheaper. I thought I better jump on any deals as I find them. Bowen statues seem to be getting more expensive on the secondary market, maybe sellers are thinking there won't be a Phase 6 so Bowens will be more sought after collector pieces.
I was wondering the same thing. Looks like BD is house cleaning. But not sure what that means?
neomatrix99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 08:56 AM   #167
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkeyes View Post

Some, definitely. Most? Probably not. It's really tough to sell almost all phase 1, 2, and 3 pieces now at a decent price, especially if there have been some better revisits.
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 10:46 AM   #168
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by neomatrix99 View Post
I was wondering the same thing. Looks like BD is house cleaning. But not sure what that means?
dude still has bills to pay.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 01:02 PM   #169
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
Some, definitely. Most? Probably not. It's really tough to sell almost all phase 1, 2, and 3 pieces now at a decent price, especially if there have been some better revisits.
I agree. I am really not interested in busts and some of the older pieces have lost their appeal to me.
JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 04:43 PM   #170
StatueBandit
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

There is still some eye candy at the Vault. However Rocky needs to adjust some prices to make it more appealing for collectors.to spend on 1/7 scale pieces versus 1/4 scale ones
StatueBandit is offline   Reply With Quote