Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-21-2022, 12:03 AM   #671
Hannibal10
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
Thanks for the kind words. They are VERY much appreciated.
Agreed. You're not trying to sell people anything. I appreciate your thoughts and candor even if I don't always agree!
Hannibal10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 04:23 AM   #672
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
It seems to work, though. Subs on my channel are pretty stagnant at just over 11,000, probably because I don?t do filler videos. I only upload content when I receive something new or there?s an issue in the hobby that I want to address.
Your videos are good. No rush to them. You appear to get in what you want and review it, which is how it should be.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 05:26 AM   #673
SkilledButton
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdlovelace View Post

nearmint is probably the only YouTuber I am subscribed to that I can trust to be honest and objective about his reviews. The constant filler videos everyone else puts out these days is just tiring and, quite frankly, annoying to me.
I had to turn YouTube notifications off for this exact reason, it was driving me crazy.

:+1: for loving nearmints videos though, I too am a big fan and try to catch all of them on pieces I'm interested in. Very solid reviews from anything I've watched, appreciate your content good sir!
SkilledButton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 05:39 AM   #674
Black Cat
Thunderstrike

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
You videos are good. No rush to them. You appear to get in what you want and review it, which is how it should be.
Exactly!
Black Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 07:18 AM   #675
PoisonPixie
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

When you talk about something you have interest in it feels authentic because it really is. Talk about anything for the sake of content and it feels less. I like seeing people enthusiastic because they really wanted the statue they’re reviewing. Not just going through the motions.
PoisonPixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 12:33 PM   #676
nearmint
Phoenix

Thanks, guys!
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 03:39 PM   #677
SwanShadow
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoisonPixie View Post
I actually appreciate that about your channel. I watch your videos knowing I?ll get an honest review or some important information like with the Elektra PF lean.
True story, Jeff: To this day, I still inspect my Elektra a couple of times a week (sometimes more) because of your experience.
SwanShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 06:33 PM   #678
Gorgo!
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdlovelace View Post
nearmint is probably the only YouTuber I am subscribed to that I can trust to be honest and objective about his reviews. The constant filler videos everyone else puts out these days is just tiring and, quite frankly, annoying to me.
Totally agree.
nearmint's reviews are ones that I watch without interruption from the first second to the last one contrary to other videos where I skip most of the content.

So how about it, nearmint, you gonna review one Scarlet Witch for your fans ?
Gorgo! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 07:11 PM   #679
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Many of the bigger YouTubers are that size for a reason. Just look at Justin’s Collection. His ‘reviews’ have and will always be overwhelmingly favourable, and I find the more positive and family friendly someone’s content is, relative to one that isn’t (that isn’t political in nature), the higher the subscriber count (and views). Once anyone goes the least bit negative, at least on a consistent basis I would imagine their subscriber growth would plummet.

I know we all say we like for reviewers to be perfectly honest, but we all can have differing opinions on pieces, and it’s possible that once a reviewer bags on a piece that you may actually like, they could lose that and any other potential subscribers. So for subscriber growth it’s probably better to just go positive.

I very much like Justin’s collection’s videos on Hot Toys, but I know to take everything he says with a gigantic grain of salt, as it’s pretty much a promotional video, but he does excellent videos and I get to see all the relevant close ups etc from which I can make up my own mind on a piece.
Phoenixblazes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 10:03 PM   #680
PCS_Sagat_Buyer
Birdman

Justin's Collection is unbearable. That guy sounds like a meteorologist when he talks. I can't listen to him.
PCS_Sagat_Buyer is offline   Reply With Quote