Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 10-31-2017, 05:02 AM   #11
Great Pheidias
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
I agree. While their latest piece ANCK SU NAMEN is pretty cool, it is not much desired and definitely isn't worth $600.
With these high prices I sometimes wonder if Arahom is intentionally trying to completely obliterate his own company..
Great Pheidias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 11:43 PM   #12
The13thWarlock
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

If he makes $100 on a $400 Statue then he needs to make and sell 3 for every 1 he sells at $600. So if two out of three customers walk, he naked the same money with 1/3 the work. He’s not making 200 statues in China, he’s making 20 in his office. That means you pay more.
The13thWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 05:31 PM   #13
Wolf3D
Frackin!

I would really like to buy more statues from them, but 600 for a mediocre 1/4 or 1/2 scale bust is just too much. Their recent statues are nothing special (except for the removable top). Arhian City of Horrors is a great statue, has several optional parts and was reasonably priced.
450$ is my absolute limit for their current plain 1/4 statues.
Wolf3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 10:36 PM   #14
Great Pheidias
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf3D View Post
I would really like to buy more statues from them, but 600 for a mediocre 1/4 or 1/2 scale bust is just too much. Their recent statues are nothing special (except for the removable top). Arhian City of Horrors is a great statue, has several optional parts and was reasonably priced.
450$ is my absolute limit for their current plain 1/4 statues.
Yes this is what most people are saying..ARH needs to make more detailed and epic pieces to charge the higher prices..but lately ARH been cloning and making simple bases..so prices should be lower..half assed statues should get half assed payments from customers
Old 11-02-2017, 03:41 AM   #15
Marcel54
Hellboy

I know it is from a few years back, but just take the Conan the Sacrifice Diorama. Conan was $480 and the Snake & Slave Girl part was $600. If you look at the latter you got a 1/4 scale girl plus a huge snake with a massive base for that kind of money. Just compare that to what they are asking now for Anck Su Namun, to name one.
Marcel54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 07:35 PM   #16
The13thWarlock
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcel54 View Post
I know it is from a few years back, but just take the Conan the Sacrifice Diorama. Conan was $480 and the Snake & Slave Girl part was $600. If you look at the latter you got a 1/4 scale girl plus a huge snake with a massive base for that kind of money. Just compare that to what they are asking now for Anck Su Namun, to name one.
The Conan statue was one of their best statues ever... it doesn’t get the recognition that Medusa or DD gets but it’s epic all the same.
The13thWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 08:53 PM   #17
SAB380
The X-Men

Wasn't Tarzan Primal Rage $570 when it was released?
That thing is epic and enormous!
SAB380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 02:20 AM   #18
Great Pheidias
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by The13thWarlock View Post
The Conan statue was one of their best statues ever... it doesn’t get the recognition that Medusa or DD gets but it’s epic all the same.
The reason it doesn't get recognition like Medusa is because the slave girl was terrible and the heads of Conan are not that good either..it fell short from being a home run! Near enough is not good enough!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAB380 View Post
Wasn't Tarzan Primal Rage $570 when it was released?
That thing is epic and enormous!
Yes epic and enormous but again it just fell short from being a home run! Ape was dead by a stroke long before Tarzan jumped out of the hot tub to stab him!

But going back to the point about prices YES the original prices were fair and shipping was also a lot less back then!