Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Community Corner > Aussies

Old 06-21-2010, 09:58 AM   #1
Jesse321
Galactus

NYCC SKYPE PLANNING SESSION

Guys,

we need to get everyone that's going to NYCC together to do a Skype planning session as to who's staying where, arrival and departure times, etc. etc.

This thing is WAY closer than any one of us realizes and will be on top of us in no time.

The week before NYCC there is another con, plus it's the first week of the playoffs, which unless something crazy happens, the Yankees are a shoe in to be in ... because of all this, in all likelihood, the city is going to be CRAZY!!

So, we need to get together an hash out plan of action.

Is there a good day and time for everyone to be on Skype for a group pow wow?
Jesse321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 10:01 AM   #2
ansel39
ROT Minister of Truth, Justice, and the Texans Way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse321 View Post
Guys,

we need to get everyone that's going to NYCC together to do a Skype planning session as to who's staying where, arrival and departure times, etc. etc.

This thing is WAY closer than any one of us realizes and will be on top of us in no time.

The week before NYCC there is another con, plus it's the first week of the playoffs, which unless something crazy happens, the Yankees are a shoe in to be in ... because of all this, in all likelihood, the city is going to be CRAZY!!

So, we need to get together an hash out plan of action.

Is there a good day and time for everyone to be on Skype for a group pow wow?
wow good idea. crazy
ansel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 10:04 AM   #3
abarron
Batman

Great idea.
With the time difference though and working hours i should be available between 7pm and 10pm (GMT)and all day on saturdays and sundays
abarron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 10:26 AM   #4
Jesse321
Galactus

I'm thinking Friday and Saturday would be the best day for this, that way we can all reach a time that works for everyone.

Is everyone absolutely hell bent on staying in the city? I was just talking to Scott, and threw out the idea of staying in one of the burroughs or maybe even in Jersey just across the river. I mean with the trains there, we can be in the city in 15 to 20 minutes anyway, and it would be WAY cheaper.

Also, does anyone know if there will be a dinner or a get together on Sunday night?
If there isn't, I would probably like to book flights for the 4 of us leaving early Sunday evening, so we can get a fresh start for Disney and Universal on Monday midday.
Old 06-21-2010, 10:31 AM   #5
ansel39
ROT Minister of Truth, Justice, and the Texans Way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse321 View Post
I'm thinking Friday and Saturday would be the best day for this, that way we can all reach a time that works for everyone.

Is everyone absolutely hell bent on staying in the city? I was just talking to Scott, and threw out the idea of staying in one of the burroughs or maybe even in Jersey just across the river. I mean with the trains there, we can be in the city in 15 to 20 minutes anyway, and it would be WAY cheaper.

Also, does anyone know if there will be a dinner or a get together on Sunday night?
If there isn't, I would probably like to book flights for the 4 of us leaving early Sunday evening, so we can get a fresh start for Disney and Universal on Monday midday.
not sure where i am staying yet. i hope to stay with some of other NYCC SF patrons.

as far as flights i am leaving sunday during the day. gotta get back to work on monday.
ansel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 10:40 AM   #6
Jesse321
Galactus

I'm on vacation the following week, so it makes no difference to me, but I'm taking the Rockets to Island of Adventure, Universal and Disney after to con.

It would be great for us to leave on Sunday during the day well, so we could get a decent nights sleep and get an decent start in the morning.

Scott and I are checking the various possibilities and should have something by the time that we set up the whole Skype session.
Old 06-21-2010, 10:49 AM   #7
RichBamf
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

RichBamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 10:51 AM   #8
VinReaper
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Location: Out of my mind! Be back in 5 minutes! (+12517 to the Post Count)
I am trying to plan a Dinner on Sunday night for everyone!

I have a place already held for it, but I was told that some of you may be leaving on Sunday!

I can always change it to an earlier date if need be!

VR
VinReaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 10:55 AM   #9
Jesse321
Galactus

Paddy, Saturday would be better.
Old 06-21-2010, 10:55 AM   #10
Jesse321
Galactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichBamf View Post
I will have a surprise for you soon, you might wanna check Garage Kits.