Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 04-24-2018, 04:34 PM   #1711
Lorde Trooper
The Herculoids

Still havent heard anything about shipping of the combo, frustrating when others have in hand and i cant get a reply to my email. Im pretty patient but its starting to get annoying. Over 1000 days for this piece is just way too long of a wait.
Lorde Trooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 08:46 PM   #1712
BMW///M3
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorde Trooper View Post
Still havent heard anything about shipping of the combo, frustrating when others have in hand and i cant get a reply to my email. Im pretty patient but its starting to get annoying. Over 1000 days for this piece is just way too long of a wait.
I am on the same boat
BMW///M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 02:15 AM   #1713
iguana
Blue Falcon

Me too. Edit: is there someone in here who gets an AP and have it yet?
iguana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 12:36 AM   #1714
ereyi
Fantastic Four

Got My AP #132/300

Hey Guys, I got my AP He-Man Battlecat Combo #132/300. The 2 Boxes Arrived yesterday 4-26-18 late afternoon delivered by FedEx here in CA.
I had a chance to open Battlecat today and man he is MASSIVE. Barely fit in the display case. The overall quality is good: This is my first PCS piece and I was afraid that it would feel or look a bit like plastic, but to my surprise it looks and feels solid. The paint application is a bit flat but it really does feel like a giant version of the toy.
Mine has a few minor issues that I noticed so far, both heads arrived without breaks, there are some minor paint blemishes in a few areas and looks like a little touch up paint on the ear of the exclusive head, also the belt on mine was a bit kinked from being squeezed between the foam pieces. The light up feature looks great but you do have to be careful when removing the light up head as the magnetic plate separates from the head sculpt and if you are not careful or you hold it wrong as you pull, you could drop the head. Other than that, the only minor complaints that I have are that the seams where the head sculpts meet the body and where the tail joins the body are pretty noticeable and also that the small free floating rock piece that goes under the back leg really has no indication of how it is supposed to go and does not snap into place or lock in anywhere, it just sort of floats back there and depending on how you position it, comes dangerously close to touching the nails on the back foot, at the end I just left it in a position where the nails have room.
Now lets hope that He-Man came in as good a shape, I will open him tomorrow. Also, the exclusive is supposed to come with a limited edition Art Print right? I hope it is in the box with He-Man because it was not with Battlecat.
ereyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 01:46 AM   #1715
iguana
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ereyi View Post
Hey Guys, I got my AP He-Man Battlecat Combo #132/300. The 2 Boxes Arrived yesterday 4-26-18 late afternoon delivered by FedEx here in CA.
I had a chance to open Battlecat today and man he is MASSIVE. Barely fit in the display case. The overall quality is good: This is my first PCS piece and I was afraid that it would feel or look a bit like plastic, but to my surprise it looks and feels solid. The paint application is a bit flat but it really does feel like a giant version of the toy.
Mine has a few minor issues that I noticed so far, both heads arrived without breaks, there are some minor paint blemishes in a few areas and looks like a little touch up paint on the ear of the exclusive head, also the belt on mine was a bit kinked from being squeezed between the foam pieces. The light up feature looks great but you do have to be careful when removing the light up head as the magnetic plate separates from the head sculpt and if you are not careful or you hold it wrong as you pull, you could drop the head. Other than that, the only minor complaints that I have are that the seams where the head sculpts meet the body and where the tail joins the body are pretty noticeable and also that the small free floating rock piece that goes under the back leg really has no indication of how it is supposed to go and does not snap into place or lock in anywhere, it just sort of floats back there and depending on how you position it, comes dangerously close to touching the nails on the back foot, at the end I just left it in a position where the nails have room.
Now lets hope that He-Man came in as good a shape, I will open him tomorrow. Also, the exclusive is supposed to come with a limited edition Art Print right? I hope it is in the box with He-Man because it was not with Battlecat.

Thank you mate. Thought the AP's comes without a number but good to hear they send them out now. Yes it should come with the print. If it doesn't you just have to contact them. Guess it will be send afterwards then.

Edit: Asked my Collector Friends who got some AP's from PCS too in the past and they say AP's shouldn't get a number, I think if I were you I would ask PCS about it.
Old 04-28-2018, 04:37 AM   #1716
ereyi
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by iguana View Post
Edit: Asked my Collector Friends who got some AP's from PCS too in the past and they say AP's shouldn't get a number, I think if I were you I would ask PCS about it.
Thanks iguana for the info, it looks like I confused the term AP with EX. Sorry guys, I forgot that the "AP's" at PCS were signed versions that were only given to collectors who purchased on the first day and at a specific time when the items first went on sale. I just remembered that I was mad about missing out on that back when I ordered because I was a first time PCS buyer and had contacted them 1 week prior to ordering to ask if there was anything special that the company offered for people who ordered early and I was told "No", then the orders go live and I found out about the AP's on this forum and when I contacted them to ask, they pretty much sorry about that and ignored me.

Either way, my statue is in fact the Exclusive Combo #132/300. The AP's apparently come signed and from what i am understanding most likely have "AP" AKA Artist Proof written where the number should be and presumably have been inspected extra well by the artist. Now this brings up an interesting question, the AP's were supposed to be a bonus for hardcore collectors but since there were only supposed to be 300 Exclusive combos made, it seems to me like making a bunch more and labeling them AP instead of giving them a number is just another way to sell additional statues and not include them in the edition size. This is my first time buying PCS and it is the only company that I have dealt with that does this. Normally the AP's are samples that the manufacturer uses for quality control and end up with the Artist, Manufacturer or given out as promo items.
Old 04-28-2018, 05:27 PM   #1717
iguana
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ereyi View Post
Thanks iguana for the info, it looks like I confused the term AP with EX. Sorry guys, I forgot that the "AP's" at PCS were signed versions that were only given to collectors who purchased on the first day and at a specific time when the items first went on sale. I just remembered that I was mad about missing out on that back when I ordered because I was a first time PCS buyer and had contacted them 1 week prior to ordering to ask if there was anything special that the company offered for people who ordered early and I was told "No", then the orders go live and I found out about the AP's on this forum and when I contacted them to ask, they pretty much sorry about that and ignored me.

Either way, my statue is in fact the Exclusive Combo #132/300. The AP's apparently come signed and from what i am understanding most likely have "AP" AKA Artist Proof written where the number should be and presumably have been inspected extra well by the artist. Now this brings up an interesting question, the AP's were supposed to be a bonus for hardcore collectors but since there were only supposed to be 300 Exclusive combos made, it seems to me like making a bunch more and labeling them AP instead of giving them a number is just another way to sell additional statues and not include them in the edition size. This is my first time buying PCS and it is the only company that I have dealt with that does this. Normally the AP's are samples that the manufacturer uses for quality control and end up with the Artist, Manufacturer or given out as promo items.

Thanks for the answer mate, cause I'm still waiting for my AP. I'm a few years in the hobby but it's also my first PCS piece and yes you are totally right. You got an AP if you was one of the first who ordered and AP's have no number so they have to be added to the normal Edition size BUT there are really just a few. I can't tell you how much in this case but I heard it was about 10 - max 15 with older pieces but I don't know if it's true.
Old 04-28-2018, 10:01 PM   #1718
ereyi
Fantastic Four

EX 132/300

Inspected He-Man today and I have to say that I am impressed with the statue. I am a pretty picky guy and a bit of a perfectionist and I can honestly say that I am happy with this purchase. This is my first 1/4 scale statue, first PCS statue, first mixed media statue and the first time that I have received a statue that I did not have major complaints about. Sure there are minor defects like paint blemishes, a bit of a wobbly base on He-Man, Plastic feeling sword, funny look to the furry boots and underwear (i would have preferred a fully sculpted statue) but once the statues are set up for display they are impressive and look great together and are as close to the prototypes as you can ask for. Here is a low quality pic of them in my display case (it actually fit with about 1/2" to spare on the top!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	He-Man Battlecat 132.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	194.6 KB
ID:	113437  
Old 05-02-2018, 10:02 AM   #1719
fuzzylover
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Daaannnng. I put in awhile back to be on the waitlist for the EX set, but to be honest I never really thought it would convert. What to do, what to do. I'm not really wanting to dish out a cool grand right now (especially for something that will take up a boatload of space), but I know it'll hold it's value and then some.
fuzzylover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 12:19 AM   #1720
DarthCollector
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Got my combo a few days ago. I am glad I didn't cancel this set. Very impressive!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180428_182523.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	385.3 KB
ID:	113520  
DarthCollector is offline   Reply With Quote