Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 04-24-2018, 06:10 AM   #101
jinkazama
Cobra Command

On PCSC's Instagram page, there's a picture of the 1/3 Shao Kahn on his throne, saying that it's going up for pre order on the 30th of April!!![with more info to come this week...]
jinkazama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 09:21 AM   #102
dao2
Cyclops

A u e, said so in the last newsletter to (corrected one)
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 06:00 PM   #103
BurningRage
Inhumans

BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 07:21 PM   #104
qz33
Doctor Doom

Some serious statue here.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 11:47 PM   #105
ryuhayabusa6787
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

I wish pcs would direct their painters to put a little more details in these plain video game characters it would justify price more

Skulls look plain add some age to them break up the colors
Add some weathering or battle damage to khans armor just to make him not seem so clean little details like that I love.
Helmet could use some oxidation as well as chest emblem
Add some dirt to bottom of cape to show wear
I hope they at least added cuticles to his nails seeing as this is 1/3 and they can add those details

They are just falling behind in the paint department like sideshow don’t get me wrong they are good but other companies are doing it better and damn shame because I always give PCs credit as the first to add those freckling detail to skin on their statues but that’s not enough now they can take it to the next level pcs.

I understand these are video game characters and most don’t like hyper ultra realistic like myself but for 1k I think some details need to be more present on the paintjob vs a 500 statue. I don’t see anything about this paint job screaming for me to go spend 1k on it. Khan 1/4 looks to be the same as this paint wise and he is half the price.
ryuhayabusa6787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 12:07 AM   #106
Punisher_
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Looks way to much like my 1/4 shao khan so Im good to pass on this one.
Punisher_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 09:58 AM   #107
jinkazama
Cobra Command

Although the throne on this statue is from MK2, the pose is actually MK3, if you google ''pictures of Shao Kahn on his throne'', you should find a picture of him from MK3, from the Pit 3 stage, he's sitting on a throne made of stone, and he's holding the stick with the red jewel in his left hand, and pointing with his right finger.
jinkazama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 03:51 PM   #108
Blacksunn
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryuhayabusa6787 View Post
I wish pcs would direct their painters to put a little more details in these plain video game characters it would justify price more

Skulls look plain add some age to them break up the colors
Add some weathering or battle damage to khans armor just to make him not seem so clean little details like that I love.
Helmet could use some oxidation as well as chest emblem
Add some dirt to bottom of cape to show wear
I hope they at least added cuticles to his nails seeing as this is 1/3 and they can add those details

They are just falling behind in the paint department like sideshow don’t get me wrong they are good but other companies are doing it better and damn shame because I always give PCs credit as the first to add those freckling detail to skin on their statues but that’s not enough now they can take it to the next level pcs.

I understand these are video game characters and most don’t like hyper ultra realistic like myself but for 1k I think some details need to be more present on the paintjob vs a 500 statue. I don’t see anything about this paint job screaming for me to go spend 1k on it. Khan 1/4 looks to be the same as this paint wise and he is half the price.
Totally agree, I have XM Thanos and the 3rd party pedestal. The skulls on the XM Thanos base are very plain but the 3rd party skulls are incredible looking. They are detailed and aged/weathered.

Really makes a difference...
Blacksunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 05:12 PM   #109
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinkazama View Post
Although the throne on this statue is from MK2, the pose is actually MK3, if you google ''pictures of Shao Kahn on his throne'', you should find a picture of him from MK3, from the Pit 3 stage, he's sitting on a throne made of stone, and he's holding the stick with the red jewel in his left hand, and pointing with his right finger.
Are you talking about this? They seem to think that is fake.
http://mortalkombat.wikia.com/wiki/Talk:Pit_III

C'mon post a link Jink!
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 01:35 PM   #110
aeongaiden666
Frackin!

It is a fake or should I say its unofficial, fan made back in 2010. Thats all he does, play around with MK sprites and make random wallpapers. Heres the guys devianart profile :

https://chimera495.deviantart.com/ar...-alt-155351453
aeongaiden666 is offline   Reply With Quote