Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 08-17-2017, 09:32 PM   #341
FJC
Midnighter

Some contrast is needed. The helmet should be a gun metal type of grey. It looks too dark as is.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 10:17 PM   #342
frenchyoutoo
Nightwing

Hoping it has that wear effect round the edges of the helmet.
Dont paint it like Cables metal arm OR batmans belt cause they both sucked! I got both and wasnt impressed and was surprised!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	15731793_10211754527888453_8916762528658066395_o.jpg
Views:	283
Size:	143.1 KB
ID:	107157  
frenchyoutoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 11:31 PM   #343
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by slynger View Post
The water looks promising. To me the color of the helmet mixes too much with the visor and it looks like one black piece. I think a grayish-silver with a more red visor would break it up better, but that's just me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchyoutoo View Post
They should be mainly sticking to the colour from the 3D render for the helmet.. or maybe its just an undercoat?
Agreed. A lighter metallic color for the helmet like in the 3D render would be best. Need to have contrast between the helmet and visor.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 12:09 AM   #344
Killer Instinct
Death is hereditary.

I got a lot riding on this since I have it on PO and paid a good chunk of change to Pre Order it.

I have to agree with most everyone who recently posted that the helmet should be more gun metal in color and hopefully the sneak peak we got was just a base coat before they actually paint it like it originally was meant to be. The wear around the helmet is also crucial IMO I really want this piece to be as close as Daniel Bel meant it to be, we gotta keep in mind Wolverine trained in this Helmet so it has to have a weathered effect around it.

XM is very much a studio that listens to it's customer and I am sure they hear our voices.

Also having the bottom of broken tank have clear resin would be a must have and show overflow of water on the lowest broken pieces of the tank and a puddle of water on the floor.

Keep up the great work XM!
Killer Instinct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 08:03 AM   #345
Bakelite
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

I am really hoping for this to be my first XM piece. Sure as hell hope I have a shot at pre-ordering.
Bakelite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 08:38 AM   #346
kolektan
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I'm a bit let down by the colouring of the helmet. it should be in bare metal colour, the classic look. and I agree, the helmet now swallow the visor. unless they make the visor LIT! tho it could be benefited with a brighter shade of red.

but hey! the killed it with the wet-look effect!!! I hope ben didn't play us by misting the figure before taking the picture. lol
kolektan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 10:23 PM   #347
azurepred
The Masters of Evil

I will wait for a fully painted proto before judging. I don't think the final paint on the helmet will be black. They may be going for a real metal look, which requires a black undercoat.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 10:29 PM   #348
Vince_be
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
I will wait for a fully painted proto before judging. I don't think the final paint on the helmet will be black. They may be going for a real metal look, which requires a black undercoat.
Vince_be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 12:30 AM   #349
aa909
The Green Hornet

Quote:
I freakin hope so!
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 09:28 AM   #350
HBK83
The Avengers

Quote:
Makes sense. I don't see them gaffing the helmet color.
HBK83 is offline   Reply With Quote