Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 08-19-2017, 10:41 AM   #681
JAWS
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rofa View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SI8eUBaIpng

i think it looks amazing......the switch out heads look good to me.
Yep... Hulk looks amazing. 1/4 and it would be perfect. I still like it at 1/5 scale as I will just display it with my other 1/5 scale Hulks.

I think this looks worth the price. Hulk is always expensive and I don't see why this should be different.

Of course I would love a lower price but those days are long gone. But I get why those that are collecting the series are upset.
JAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 10:54 AM   #682
Spidey976
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAWS View Post
Yep... Hulk looks amazing. 1/4 and it would be perfect. I still like it at 1/5 scale as I will just display it with my other 1/5 scale Hulks.

I think this looks worth the price. Hulk is always expensive and I don't see why this should be different.

Of course I would love a lower price but those days are long gone. But I get why those that are collecting the series are upset.
Think it looks great... I think I will be getting this guy. After watching the video on twitter I think he is huge, and afternsome of the customs come out for him
He could be just about any artists vision on the Hulk
Spidey976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 11:41 AM   #683
ComicJesus
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

For $50 you can get a 1/5 scale Wolverine apparently lol. That came up for order less than 1 year ago.

Come gather round people,
wherever you roam,
and admit that the waters around you have grown.
And accept it that soon you'll be drenched to the bone.
ComicJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 11:43 AM   #684
rofa
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:

Yes 1/4 would have been awesome but although its 1/5 now it still is huge....i believe its bigger then Bane.

And this pose cant be beat......old school hulk pose for the win.
rofa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 11:48 AM   #685
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicJesus View Post
For $50 you can get a 1/5 scale Wolverine apparently lol. That came up for order less than 1 year ago.

Come gather round people,
wherever you roam,
and admit that the waters around you have grown.
And accept it that soon you'll be drenched to the bone.
Exactly. The price on this is ridiculous. If it was 1/4 scale, then I could see $600 + for it. For a 1/5 piece, it's easily overpriced.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 11:51 AM   #686
ComicJesus
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
Exactly. The price on this is ridiculous. If it was 1/4 scale, then I could see $600 + for it. For a 1/5 piece, it's easily overpriced.
Yep, and the base is more complex on the HvW. It's just sad really. I sincerely hope that SS has serious legitimate reasons for the increases, and not just gouging. We aren't talking a couple of bucks here. This is hundreds of dollars over a 1 year period.
Old 08-19-2017, 05:21 PM   #687
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

I wish i had the money to get into this line, they will look so awesome together and if SS makes a DC version of the line someday, both Marvel and DC side by side would look mind blowing but nothing can be done...Statues are just so expensive, can't get them all...i have to live with that fact.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 05:33 PM   #688
JAWS
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
Well it is 100.00 less then Bane and almost the same size...

I think people were just hoping for a 450.00 statue.. That was not going to happen.. Not at this size.
JAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 06:37 PM   #689
ComicJesus

Quote:

I think people were just hoping for a 450.00 statue.. That was not going to happen.. Not at this size.
True, though size is only one of the determining factors in price. $450 seems like it would be a fair price when you factor against HvW. That would mean the 1/5 scale Wolverine would be $200. Then there is the more complex base on HvW.

You have to figure too, it was no coincidence this was the last one to release in the line, also happens to be the most expensive.
Old 08-20-2017, 03:52 AM   #690
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicJesus View Post
True, though size is only one of the determining factors in price. $450 seems like it would be a fair price when you factor against HvW. That would mean the 1/5 scale Wolverine would be $200. Then there is the more complex base on HvW.

You have to figure too, it was no coincidence this was the last one to release in the line, also happens to be the most expensive.
Exactly.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote