Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 08-19-2017, 06:23 PM   #961
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
Didn't Sonja have brown hair is some comics? In that case she's called brown Sonja? Would be cool to see Sonja with black, brown, or even a blond version. Just to have a different feel for this character since we have 3 versions of her now.
I have never seen Sonja depicted with brown hair in the comics and I own pretty much all of them up to the latest volume. I stopped buying modern comics so I don't own any of the latest volumes issues. If you did see brown hair in the comics it was likely due to a printing error. Look how red they made her hair for the movie:

Again her red hair and her chain mail armor are really the 2 main design elements of the character.
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 06:24 PM   #962
Mr. Nice Guy
New Republic

Quote:
Didn't Sonja have brown hair is some comics? In that case she's called brown Sonja? Would be cool to see Sonja with black, brown, or even a blond version. Just to have a different feel for this character since we have 3 versions of her now.
Brown Sonja sounds like Dirty Sanchez' even dirtier cousin.
Mr. Nice Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 06:31 PM   #963
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nice Guy View Post
Brown Sonja sounds like Dirty Sanchez' even dirtier cousin.
LOL! Also known as backdoor Sonja.
Old 08-19-2017, 07:06 PM   #964
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
I have never seen Sonja depicted with brown hair in the comics and I own pretty much all of them up to the latest volume. I stopped buying modern comics so I don't own any of the latest volumes issues. If you did see brown hair in the comics it was likely due to a printing error. Look how red they made her hair for the movie:

Again her red hair and her chain mail armor are really the 2 main design elements of the character.
Damn! That's really red! But I agree red is the best color for her. Also red heads never have the tan skin tones like the first horrible painted first ss Sonja. They always have the light pale skin tones. Hope ss won't screw up the paint job on this new one. I figure this will hopefully be done well because it's obvious which statues with more details gets the better factories along with the price.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 07:28 PM   #965
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Damn! That's really red! But I agree red is the best color for her. Also red heads never have the tan skin tones like the first horrible painted first ss Sonja. They always have the light pale skin tones. Hope ss won't screw up the paint job on this new one. I figure this will hopefully be done well because it's obvious which statues with more details gets the better factories along with the price.
Yeah, that is one crazy a*s shade of red Rodriguez used with the film. Gotta admit tho, Rose looks pretty hot in that poster.

And given that She Devil with a Sword is now waitlisted, that means Sideshow basically sold 9000 Red Sonja statues over the last few years so Red Sonja is both a highly popular and highly profitable IP for Sideshow so I expect the quality of this statue will be right in line with the last one.

People purchased the first PF, even in light of its issues, as it was the first Sonja PF and at the time it was still the best Red Sonja statue to hit the market. That is no longer the case. Coming on the heels of Harbottle's masterpiece, people will not buy a Red Sonja with shoddy quality control. Sideshow is many things, but dumb isnt one of them. They are well aware of the fact that this is going to be a tougher sell coming on the heels of the last Red Sonja. Shoddy quality control would result in very poor sales for this statue. That combined with Sideshow's overall improvement over the last couple years and I for one am not worried at all. I am extremely confident this statue will come out extremely well.
Old 08-19-2017, 07:35 PM   #966
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Yeah, that is one crazy a*s shade of red Rodriguez used with the film. Gotta admit tho, Rose looks pretty hot in that poster.

And given that She Devil with a Sword is now waitlisted, that means Sideshow basically sold 9000 Red Sonja statues over the last few years so Red Sonja is both a highly popular and highly profitable IP for Sideshow so I expect the quality of this statue will be right in line with the last one.

People purchased the first PF, even in light of its issues, as it was the first Sonja PF and at the time it was still the best Red Sonja statue to hit the market. That is no longer the case. Coming on the heels of Harbottle's masterpiece, people will not buy a Red Sonja with shoddy quality control. Sideshow is many things, but dumb isnt one of them. They are well aware of the fact that this is going to be a tougher sell coming on the heels of the last Red Sonja. Shoddy quality control would result in very poor sales for this statue. That combined with Sideshow's overall improvement over the last couple years and I for one am not worried at all. I am extremely confident this statue will come out extremely well.
Wait that pic was a DVD? Is it live or animated? I need to check it out.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 08:01 PM   #967
#Brian
Shadowhawk

Quote:
You may be thinking of Belit, Queen of the Black Coast. She has brown hair.
#Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 12:19 AM   #968
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Wait that pic was a DVD? Is it live or animated? I need to check it out.
Unfortunately, the movie was scrapped and never got made. Those posters were just concept art for the film. It was to star Rose McGowan, Rodriguez's fiancee at the time. Its a shame as she did look great in those concept art posters and Rodriguez is one of the few directors out there that I think could make a decent Red Sonja film. I guess some things just aren't meant to be. Who knowns, maybe we will see a Red Sonja film before the comic movie frenzy finally dies down.
Old 08-20-2017, 01:00 AM   #969
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Quote:
Unfortunately, the movie was scrapped and never got made. Those posters were just concept art for the film. It was to star Rose McGowan, Rodriguez's fiancee at the time. Its a shame as she did look great in those concept art posters and Rodriguez is one of the few directors out there that I think could make a decent Red Sonja film. I guess some things just aren't meant to be. Who knowns, maybe we will see a Red Sonja film before the comic movie frenzy finally dies down.
I'm glad that movie never got made. Rose would have been a terrible Red Sonja. Just watch her in that crappy Conan movie. She was terrible. Just not the right genre for her.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 01:29 AM   #970
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi_don View Post
I'm glad that movie never got made. Rose would have been a terrible Red Sonja. Just watch her in that crappy Conan movie. She was terrible. Just not the right genre for her.
I disagree. Rose certanly isnt the most talented actress in the world (far from it in fact) but the director and script play an important role when it comes to the performance of actors and actresses and IMO Marcus Nispel is an absolutely terrible director and Conan was an absolutely abysmal film with a ridiculously bad script. Robert Rodriguez is just at a completely different level of talent than Marcus Nispel (massive understatement) and I think he could have made a decent Sonja film with McGowan at the helm. I am a big Rodriguez fan so I was disappointed when Sonja got cancelled and since the film never got made we will never know one way or the other wether McGowan could have pulled it off so well just have to agree to disagree on this one.