Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Home Grown > Customs Corner

Old 08-08-2014, 06:41 AM   #11
BB&WSF
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Wow! Just saw this thread. That cape came out awesome DM, such a great alternate display option!

My perfect Supes PF would be one with the chest logo placed higher, with the Ex. head customized with normal eyes, and if I could make his underpants a bit better. Okay, maybe I can let go of the underpants thing.

Stupid question, but is there any way to 'peal' that chest logo off and place it higher DM.
BB&WSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 04:41 PM   #12
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

thanks for the kind words BB&WSF. i think this is how they should have done the capes on his to begin with. would have liked to have seen them do it for the BM pf as well but with leather.
so i did one for him too. in leather. its in the the Batman customization thread in this section if you want to check it out. i actually did two versions. first version is on page 20, the second version is on page 32.

yeah i would have like to have seen the chests symbol higher too. but oh well. it sis what it is. still looks cool.

but no. i haven't tried removing the logo. im afraid it might get ruined in the process. its only thin rubber it seems. and im sure that will tear if i try.

only other way to try is to try and soak the back of it wil alcohol to try and loosen up the glue. but that would be too difficult. unless i tool the suit off. and i rally dont want to do that.
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 04:35 PM   #13
ronskimomo
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I am still waiting on my exclusive, lol. I love what you have done. Is there any chance that you would be willing to make other capes for a cost? I think your cape looks more authentic than a polystone cape.
ronskimomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 11:51 PM   #14
DynamicMenace

thanks a lot man. glad you like it. but honestly. you could do this.
in the very first post i list what material i used and where i picked it up from. all i did was put the material under the head and then pulled the blue suit up over the seam line of the neck and then folded the rest of the material around to his back to get the desired look. i made sure that the material came out underneath the head/neck at where the seams are on his blue costume at his shoulders. where the points of the sculpted cape sit at.
its really simple. anyone can do it.

the cape i did for Batman is a different story though. lol
Old 08-12-2014, 08:35 AM   #15
ronskimomo

I will try it (or more likely my wife will, lol). That is assuming that my exclusive ever gets shipped. I do appreciate the idea. I am a huge fan of the mixed media aspect of Premium formats, and this looks to be a better option for me.
ronskimomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 10:30 AM   #16
DynamicMenace

yeah the capes should have been fabric to begin with IMO. just puts them over the top on realism. the sculpted capes just look so out of place to me. and looks just that. hard stiff sculpted capes.
i just dont think they work all that well with pieces in 1/4 scale or larger. works better for 1/5th and below
Old 10-07-2014, 06:23 AM   #17
looch

Someone should make a Customise a Cyborg Superman from the PF
looch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 09:57 AM   #18
adee
Green Arrow

Looks awesome DM!
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 01:26 PM   #19
DynamicMenace

well thanks guys,
but here is the finalized version. i shortened it to the proper length. all thats left is sewing it up and it will be perfect.

Old 10-07-2014, 01:50 PM   #20
ambasah
Red Skull

that looks very, very good.

any chance you can make more of them?
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote