Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 08-19-2017, 10:48 AM   #791
PermaGrin
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

At least with him being boldly painted saturated colors, should be an easy repaint to make him into a non-damaged version.
PermaGrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 11:34 AM   #792
Sandman585
Hydra

Just contacted SS about what they can do for my base. Now the wait...
Sandman585 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 11:38 AM   #793
Sandman585
Hydra

I think the battle damage is done well on mine. Maybe I'm in the minority. What is starting to bug me is the size of his head. The black lion is supposed to be the biggest of the five and the black lion head here is the smallest. Its even smaller than the red and green lions. Scaling is a little off on that IMO. It should at least equal the same size as the red and green lion heads.
Sandman585 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 02:21 PM   #794
FriendlySamurai
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by PermaGrin View Post
At least with him being boldly painted saturated colors, should be an easy repaint to make him into a non-damaged version.
true. But then theres battle damage all over his undercarriage (although not as noticeable). I was kind of hoping I could just add good battle damage over the bad but its just all over the place in weird random places. Might have to paint over it anyway. Im scouring the internet for battle damage tutorials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman585 View Post
What is starting to bug me is the size of his head. The black lion is supposed to be the biggest of the five and the black lion head here is the smallest. Its even smaller than the red and green lions. Scaling is a little off on that IMO. It should at least equal the same size as the red and green lion heads.
Wouldnt let it bother you. Its just a perspective trick to make him look super tall- like his head is super far away and his feet are up close and huge. Also makes the 8 yr old viewer feel small and insignificant lol. Kinda like they did with Frodo and Gandalf. It was done all the time in the cartoon

FriendlySamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 03:33 PM   #795
PermaGrin
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Expecting good damage? Have you seen their Predator Bio Masks damage apps.
PermaGrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 03:43 PM   #796
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by PermaGrin View Post
Expecting good damage? Have you seen their Predator Bio Masks damage apps.
their predator bio masks are ---- in every regard

their battle damage have been poor even in otherwise good statues though, like darth malgus. essentially they dip a brush in paint and draw a short line that gets thinner as it goes
dao2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 08:09 PM   #797
FriendlySamurai
Luke Cage

For $1200 yep. You always hear on these forums, "Are you an idiot? Did you expect quality for $400?". I guess at 3x the cost I'm just 3x the sucker.

Havent seen the predator masks but yeah the damage sounds familiar. Posted in one of my pics, three obvious black dry brush marks, all equal size and length and right above them a straight line of alternating silver and red chicken scratches that look like crayon. They shouldnt have done battle damage at all if they werent gonna put in the effort.

Im pretty much done with SS from now on, unless its a niche piece not going to be made again or its from the JSC collection.
Old 08-21-2017, 05:04 AM   #798
jinkazama
Cobra Command

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
What are these scratch marks supposed to be? Battle damage? Did the lions fight each other?

Those scratch marks are supposed to be there, I just checked the sideshow website, and checked the yellow lion's head on their website, and it has the same scratch marks, so I guess it IS supposed to be battle damage.
jinkazama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 10:37 AM   #799
FriendlySamurai
Luke Cage

if its not on the prototype then its not supposed to be there. Sideshow makes sales based on their prototypes, not on their "surprise, this is what you get" pics.
Old 08-21-2017, 10:46 AM   #800
Thegameman2011
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Sorry for those who got this piece and are finding issues. I will say that not all are that way. I got mine last week and I was very happy with it. O compared the pictures to mine and they don't compare. It's been a long time since I have been wow'd by a piece and this one nailed it.
Thegameman2011 is offline   Reply With Quote