Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 08-19-2017, 08:03 AM   #1021
johnclone
The Enchantress

i missed it dammit, was charging my phone in another room and didn't hear it go off
johnclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 03:04 AM   #1022
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

I just happened to be online for a short period this morning and saw the code as soon as it was posted here but the window is so small to claim these things by the time I got the site up and logged in it had expired.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 02:18 PM   #1023
AC_808
Hercules

Yup ...I agree. The time given is way too short. Oh well ....it is what it is.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 02:39 PM   #1024
jpuli28
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
Yup ...I agree. The time given is way too short. Oh well ....it is what it is.
But that's just it, it isn't or shouldn't be. SS knows of the complaints yet they still continue to do so because it benefits THEM, while pretending to be a benefit for us.

For a company to claim to share our passion they sure take advantage of the paying side.

And fwiw, I don't even bother looking for the codes anymore. My time is more valuable then $2.
jpuli28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 03:37 PM   #1025
Vpuik
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpuli28 View Post
But that's just it, it isn't or shouldn't be. SS knows of the complaints yet they still continue to do so because it benefits THEM, while pretending to be a benefit for us.

For a company to claim to share our passion they sure take advantage of the paying side.

And fwiw, I don't even bother looking for the codes anymore. My time is more valuable then $2.
How is giving away free money taking advantage of the paying side?
Vpuik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 05:10 PM   #1026
jpuli28

While I see your point, you have to look at where its coming from. In this case, this is write off money to SS so its not costing them anything. The mark up on pieces now far outweigh these codes which are now ridiculously low, $1.50 come the F on now. The mark up would still outweigh them if they were $10 codes for that matter.
And if anyone considers $1.50 free money (and not in the specific sense), and of real value toward any of the products, well then congrats to them IF the actually snag a code inside of 2 absurd mins.

So you as a collector, would you sell to a "fellow collector" the way SS does? To a stranger sure, and yes we are all strangers to SS but they don't portray themselves that way, but as fellow collectors.
Old 08-20-2017, 05:37 PM   #1027
johnclone
The Enchantress

Of course you have to consistently accumulate the points before they become anything special. But just in the last couple weeks there have been opportunities to grab around 10 bucks total, if you can get them. My reward point total really went up significantly after comic con.

I think some people may be taking this a bit too seriously though, it is supposed to be fun.
johnclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 05:44 PM   #1028
jpuli28

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnclone View Post
Of course you have to consistently accumulate the points before they become anything special. But just in the last couple weeks there have been opportunities to grab around 10 bucks total, if you can get them. My reward point total really went up significantly after comic con.

I think some people may be taking this a bit too seriously though, it is supposed to be fun.
Your absolutely right. "if you can get them". Everyone has to admit regardless of which side of the fence you are on, the application here is not customer appreciation in its true form.

Prices go way up absurdly fast and RPs go absurdly down, I personally don't get it. Keep these little points and save the money for Spook making the time the customer has to invest in order to gain anything of value worth the effort(s).

People log into FB live now and just ask for the code, no one is paying attention to intended content. It was fun but I can see the frustration when fun turns to ridiculous when the 2 mins wasn't long enough more than once. Its not fun so I don't do it.

I know this topic has been like a dog chasing its tail
Old 08-20-2017, 05:48 PM   #1029
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpuli28 View Post

I hear ya, J. I know where you're coming from. You're not wrong.

I just choose to control what I can control ...and that's me. SSC can pretend to benefit us with these code giveaways all they want, but I won't believe it. I also don't go out of my way to redeem these codes. If I miss them, then oh well.

Consequently, I've become more critical of SSC statues. They raise the prices, then I in turn will only buy statues that are worth the price they set. I don't have a problem sending back statues that do not live up to the price.

This is what I choose to do because I have control over it. Other collectors have to decide for themselves. I can only hope they feel the same way.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 09:55 PM   #1030
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

I have had no interest in Sideshow statues beyond CotD for a while.
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote