Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 07-07-2017, 11:52 AM   #181
SAB380
The X-Men

Dammit .... this is making me want to buy ANOTHER Tarzan Primal Rage and have it delivered to her to paint up for me !
SAB380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 12:23 PM   #182
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Yeah holy crap Photobucket wants $400 per year for "3rd party hosting". Anybody got an alternative? Originally I thought I could just pay $60 per year but all that gets you is more storage, which I don't even need. Especially because they keep deleting anything with a resin breast in it.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 01:14 PM   #183
qz33
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
Yeah holy crap Photobucket wants $400 per year for "3rd party hosting". Anybody got an alternative? Originally I thought I could just pay $60 per year but all that gets you is more storage, which I don't even need. Especially because they keep deleting anything with a resin breast in it.
You can host your pictures here. Just use the paperclip icon in the "go advanced" post button.
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 02:08 PM   #184
Davidian
Omega Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
You can host your pictures here. Just use the paperclip icon in the "go advanced" post button.
^ THIS. Don't even bother with Photophuket man, it's crap.
Davidian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 12:31 AM   #185
warhead
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

photobucket really screwed their users who used them for 3rd party hosting...they should have given a heads up and maybe grandfathered any links that were used prior, I don't have the energy to find out what pictures have been used for all these broken links...f--k them.
warhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 10:53 PM   #186
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Well since photobucket nuked all of my photos I will try the other method suggested.

As I said if my factory paint up had been as good as Shedman's I probably wouldn't have had it repainted. As I said I don't blame ARH, it is a crap shoot when you get a factory paint up and I have over a dozen ARH statues and this is the first one I felt had a bad paint job. A caveat I did also send my Viking to Saul to be repainted but the factory paint up looked pretty much like the proto-type. The reason I am having that one repainted is I didn't really like the colors Arahom chose or the "dirty face" and kind of black eyes effect. Anyway, I stopped by Shedman's place the other day and here is what his Barbarian looks like
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Shed barb1.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	425.7 KB
ID:	105829   Click image for larger version

Name:	Shedbarb2.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	331.4 KB
ID:	105830   Click image for larger version

Name:	Shedbarb3.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	282.5 KB
ID:	105831  
Old 07-09-2017, 11:13 PM   #187
qz33
Rescue

Shedman's looks pretty much like yours did to me, no disrespect.
Still say you have something special.

You may like how the pics are working but if not you can also attach them, preview the post, then copy the resultant URLs to post them to work as normal images like this:

You do still have to leave them attached in your original post though for the link to remain valid.
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 05:23 PM   #188
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Had Shedman stop in and touch up the left arm larger scar and two smaller ones near the elbow to look like fresh wounds. The first guy I ever knew to do this was Alex Castro on my CS Moore version and after that I have always thought the way these scars appeared they should be fresh scars. I had asked Hanna to do it but she misunderstood me and thought I wanted her to touch up the older scars to look healed, which she did. Anyway her it is and I think he did a great job.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSC07991.JPG
Views:	43
Size:	163.3 KB
ID:	114498   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC07990.JPG
Views:	44
Size:	162.8 KB
ID:	114499   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC07993.JPG
Views:	32
Size:	164.5 KB
ID:	114500  
Old 06-15-2018, 05:40 PM   #189
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Here is a pic of my Alex Castro CS Moore version and a WIP of my ARH while Hanna was painting him for pre-fix look, it is the only pic I can find handy at the moment. All my others went away with photobucket.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	barbarian castro 1.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	471.5 KB
ID:	114501   Click image for larger version

Name:	HM WIP Conan.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	48.4 KB
ID:	114502  
Old 06-16-2018, 12:06 AM   #190
warhead
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

I like what he did for you...but I disagree that those scars should be fresh wounds, the big scar on the left tricep should be Sculpted like a chunk of flesh was carved out of him shaped like an upper case M letter, and if it was a fresh wound the arm would have been blood soaked because of the severity of the damage.
Franks painting doesn’t really show any blood from those wounds, so that’s why I am in the mindset that those are old battle wounds, I still like what shedman did and all that matters is that you’re happy with it.
I definitely am going to fix the tricep scar on my statue to reflect more accurately IMO Franks painting.
warhead is offline   Reply With Quote