Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 07-18-2017, 07:55 PM   #71
gokuvegeta
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
Got mine today
how u like him? hows quality? worth the asking price?
gokuvegeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 09:03 PM   #72
Rooper
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Got mine today
Did you get a tracking number for it?
Rooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 11:02 PM   #73
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Quote:
Got mine today
Thanks for sharing that pic of all of the ARH Olympic Pantheon released so far together! That's the first time I've seen them like that, and I'd love to have all of them, but my collecting days are in the rear view mirror unfortunately. This picture stirs some questions and thoughts. 1. Poseidon is my favorite, and I'm kind of glad that he looks more buff than Zeus for a change. I kind of like the slender looking Zeus. It doesn't mean he's not tough and I think it's an interesting take that I don't mind. Poseidon however looks amazing!!! 2. Ares looks incredible too!!! In fact, they all really do look sick...in a good way! Congrats on an excellent display there TN!!!
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 02:13 AM   #74
SAB380
The X-Men

Quote:
Got mine today
Looks great!
He is a little dwarfed by the others though, Ares especially!
SAB380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 09:25 AM   #75
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by gokuvegeta View Post
how u like him? hows quality? worth the asking price?
For me he is. A lot of things like this are in the eye of the beholder. I know the older ones were bigger and cost less but some of them were done years ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooper View Post
Did you get a tracking number for it?
I subscribe to a feature on the USPS website called "My USPS" which sends me a notification with tracking number anytime anybody sends me a package USPS so I got that but I don't think I got one from ARH. Also that subscription would not have done me any good if it had been shipped UPS or Fed Ex.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor Man View Post
Thanks for sharing that pic of all of the ARH Olympic Pantheon released so far together! That's the first time I've seen them like that, and I'd love to have all of them, but my collecting days are in the rear view mirror unfortunately. This picture stirs some questions and thoughts. 1. Poseidon is my favorite, and I'm kind of glad that he looks more buff than Zeus for a change. I kind of like the slender looking Zeus. It doesn't mean he's not tough and I think it's an interesting take that I don't mind. Poseidon however looks amazing!!! 2. Ares looks incredible too!!! In fact, they all really do look sick...in a good way! Congrats on an excellent display there TN!!!
Thanks! I also like the form of Zeus and am personally glad he isn't built like Hercules or mid 1980's Sven-Ole Thorsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAB380 View Post
Looks great!
He is a little dwarfed by the others though, Ares especially!
Yes it kind of looks that way. When Ares and Athena were done by Alex they really have massive bases. The bases are tall and really deep (18" deep). I have said for a long time that 1/4 scale single figures should have bases no more than 12" deep so that they fit on a normal shelf. For my tastes I would have loved to have a smaller base kind of like Zeus but with their animals on each. I like the vulture on a dead tree for Ares and the owl for Athena but it would have had to be on something smaller than the overturned chariot, and the swordfish for Posiedon (but base would have had to have been scaled down) and an eagle for Zeus. Also the Alex bases where the feet attach are at a higher point than Zeus and Posiedon and that coupled with the huge brush helmets make them appear quite a bit taller. In reality (I measured) Posiedon and Zeus are almost exactly the same height as Ares when measured from the bottom of the foot to the top of the head, but it doesn't look that way because of the aforementioned factors.

Arahom style has always been the smaller base. My plan is once more gods are available to display them in whatever way looks the best, smaller bases mixed in or all larger bases together on one shelf, I will have to mess with it. I won't have room on any single shelf for all 9 of them together anyway. I say 9 because I think that was the original plan on how many he was going to do. If, in the end, I like the Arahom Ares and Athena better I may get those too but for now plan to keep these.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 12:33 AM   #76
Arkalogik
The Spirit

More Zeus statues have now been added to stock on the website for anyone wanting to order. More Valkyries, Succubus and our new Arhian 1/2 scale bust will be available soon!
Arkalogik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 04:51 PM   #77
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Any of you talented conversion guys know where I could lay my hands on an Eagle in the same scale as Zeus that I could custom incorporate into the Zeus statue? I have some ideas on how to do it depending on if it is a standing eagle or flying eagle? I have been keeping my eigh out at truck stops, they usually have some, but none the right scale yet.
Old 12-12-2017, 02:59 PM   #78
Arkalogik
The Spirit

Quote:
Any of you talented conversion guys know where I could lay my hands on an Eagle in the same scale as Zeus that I could custom incorporate into the Zeus statue? I have some ideas on how to do it depending on if it is a standing eagle or flying eagle? I have been keeping my eigh out at truck stops, they usually have some, but none the right scale yet.
This place has a few options to choose from.

http://www.many-miniatures.com/prime...birds_prey.asp
Arkalogik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 05:29 PM   #79
zeus
What's another word for Thesaurus?

I'm trying to see where you will put it.In front of the column sitting?
zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 05:42 PM   #80
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus View Post
I'm trying to see where you will put it.In front of the column sitting?
If I can find an eagle of the right size with a base that will work (like on a rock or dead tree) I will just place it beside the Zeus as a companion but close enough to be obviously associated. Kind of like I did with the mermaid near Poseidon. If not I will have to see if Shedman or someone can make something that would work to attach it to the statue somehow. I have a couple of ideas but need an eagle first.