Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Sports

Old 03-04-2007, 02:29 AM   #11
snappahead
Producer
Producer

Captain America's back! Sweetness! I hate Sylvia..I wonder if Randy would fight Cro Cop
snappahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 02:32 AM   #12
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by snappahead View Post
Captain America's back! Sweetness! I hate Sylvia..I wonder if Randy would fight Cro Cop
His next fight will be against the winner of the Cro Cop/Gonzaga fight. So yes his next fight will probably be Cro Cop.

At this point I would not bet against Randy. The guy is unbelievable!!!
Old 03-04-2007, 02:37 AM   #13
chrisg
U talkin' to me?

I never in a million years would have believed Randy could win. I'm glad, but, WOW. I still can't believe it. Randy is a machine.
chrisg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 02:41 AM   #14
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisg View Post
I never in a million years would have believed Randy could win. I'm glad, but, WOW. I still can't believe it. Randy is a machine.
I think that was the case for most. I really wanted Randy to win but wasn't sure he could do it.
Old 03-04-2007, 03:02 AM   #15
boondocksaint
Painter / Troublemaker
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONSTER View Post
I think that was the case for most. I really wanted Randy to win but wasn't sure he could do it.
really? tim did the same thing he did in his last two defenses...came out and played it safe....randy wasnt having that
then sylvia punked at the end and said he had an injury....
boondocksaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 04:03 AM   #16
Tony Coca
Teflon Don

For those who didnt see it here is the play by play

RANDY WON 50-45 across the board.

Couture decked Sylvia in round right after faking a kick and scoring with an overhand right. He went for the kill, but Sylvia survived, regained his bearings and the rest of the round had Couture underneath Sylvia, but having his back. Couture kept trying for a choke but never came close.

Couture took Sylvia down in the second round. He kept busy with punches to the head and body, as well as some elbows, giving Sylvia a bloody nose. It was hilarious in that the fight wasn't that exciting on the ground, but the crowd was so pro-Couture that every time John McCarthy stood them up to create more action, they booed heavily. Couture took him down a second time right at the end of the round.

Both guys were exhausted at this point, but Couture has balls of steel and fought through it. Couture outstruck Sylvia, got a takedown and won the round. At this point Couture had the match won unless he was knocked out or submitted.

Couture took him down again in round four. After a stand-up, Couture was scoring with overhand rights. Sylvia just had no game plan and clearly had taken Couture too lightly. By this point he was too tired to execute. Couture got another takedown and scored with elbows to the head and more punches.

Round five saw Couture land more punches standing, and got another takedown. He got into a mount, scored with knees to the body, more elbows, got another mount. After a stand-up, he can another takedown. Couture had a swollen left eye but he pitched a five round shutout here. This was by no means fight of the year, but it will go down as one of the most memorable fights in history.

As great as Pride's show was last week, and it was, this match had more emotion and meaning than last week's entire card times two.
Tony Coca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 08:52 AM   #17
Sam Wilson
Samurai Vato

thanks coca. The next time Cro Cop fights in UFC is on the london card, correct?
Sam Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 11:07 AM   #18
Ish
Kindly Asked To Leave

good for randy, now how we gonna get team quest to shut up, with hendersons win also
Ish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 01:09 PM   #19
bat_collector
Galactus

well, sylva should look on the bright side, at least he won't be destroyed by cro cop now
bat_collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 02:27 PM   #20
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Wilson View Post
thanks coca. The next time Cro Cop fights in UFC is on the london card, correct?
Yup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish View Post
good for randy, now how we gonna get team quest to shut up, with hendersons win also
Randy is not a part of Team Quest anymore.

Also don't forget Sokoudjou's 23 second knockout of Antonio Rogerio Nogueira. Team Quest is on a roll.