Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 02-10-2012, 04:21 PM   #41
testsubject25
Birds of Prey

I'll agree with you on Thor, the rest... not so much, but hey, that's the way it goes!
testsubject25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 05:13 PM   #42
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by testsubject25 View Post
I'll agree with you on Thor, the rest... not so much, but hey, that's the way it goes!
Fair enough. Are you getting one (Thor?) Have you seen the WIP on Posiedon? Looks pretty sweet.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 05:29 PM   #43
testsubject25
Birds of Prey

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
Fair enough. Are you getting one (Thor?) Have you seen the WIP on Posiedon? Looks pretty sweet.
I've been going through the dilemma in mind about the Thor. It's a GREAT looking piece. I haven't seen anything on Poseidon yet, but I'll look around!
Old 02-10-2012, 05:31 PM   #44
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by testsubject25 View Post
I've been going through the dilemma in mind about the Thor. It's a GREAT looking piece. I haven't seen anything on Poseidon yet, but I'll look around!
with the forum feuds I don't think we are supposed to post links to the forum that shall not be named but if you go there and look in the ARH section it is there.

I just love the whole Greek god series. I have Athena ordered and it sounds like Ares will be out this year and maybe Poseidon too.

Along with Thor I think we will be getting Valkyrie.

Spartacus too but I don't think I want him very bad. Sculpt and paints are fine, just not a big Spartucus guy I guess.
Old 02-10-2012, 05:39 PM   #45
testsubject25
Birds of Prey

I don't care for the Spartacus base at all, and the preview that I've seen from Ares looks like the base is all blood and guts. I get the concept, it's just not for me. I do think Athena looks pretty good!
Old 02-10-2012, 05:42 PM   #46
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Yeah the Spartacus base is just sand. I suppose in the arena that would be the base but it does make it very plain. I don't know what else you would use though. I haven't given it much thought because I'm not personally interested in a Spartacus statue.

I would like to see the Ares painted but I can see how it could be too much blood and guts. A torso on the ground does seem a bit over the top to me too but I'm still getting it as I love it otherwise.
Old 02-10-2012, 06:15 PM   #47
Hercules75
Kindly Asked To Leave

TNovak: This is the offensive and inflammatory post that started most of the bad blood between Arahom and SF..You have to agree that's no way to speak to customers asking for something that was promised to them...

"08-02-2011, 02:50 AM #35
Arahom Radjah
ARH Studios

Send a message via MSN to Arahom Radjah

Why do I even care coming here to answer comments from some people like you that to begin with have never bought from ARH Studios?!?!

Some of you should find a life and stop wasting so much time trying smudge our name!

For you guys that are not waiting for boxes and are posting here in this thread, i just tell you this. Find a life, a woman, or a better thing to do with your time than being in front of a computer screen! It's Summer! I'm sure there are better thing to do in life!!

On the other hand for those who have bought a statue and are waiting for your boxes.

1. First you all know very well that you were buying an AP Edition, and AP were made here in my studio, and I cannot make boxes.

2. You all also know that the statue would be shipped in normal cardboard boxes packed with peanuts.

3. I made very clear since the beggining that I would ship the boxes to those who want AFTER they arrive from China.

4. All boxes arrived about 10 days ago from China along with all our production of Cleopatra, Leonidas, Anubis, SWAT, King Arthur.

5. I am just one person, and I had dozens of pre-orders to ship" from buyers that were still waiting to receive theis STATUES, not boxes!

6. I will ship all empty boxes as I said I would now that I have taken care of what I consider priority.

I think enough has been said about this subject. All of you that want you box also have my email and can very well contact us. Some of you have already did, so if the box is something so important that you need to manifest your concern, please just email me, and I'm sure you will get your box."
Hercules75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 06:40 PM   #48
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

I was told that post came from Averone, not Arahom, but regardless it was still from "the company" so it is virtually a distinction without a difference.

Actually, while a little harsh, I don't think it is overly out of line when you consider he separates how he talks to people who actually are his customers from those who are just sh!t-starter-uppers who come to the threads and start attacking him for not sending other people boxes when they have no clue what was promised to those other people that did order from him. I would get tired of that in a hurry too if I were him. Are you offended at being told to get a life? Or get a girl? Or what? I think it was just a harsh way of saying get off my back and mind your own business if you don't even have a box coming.

His numbered points are spot on. He made it clear (or at least I understood it when I ordered A/P's from him) that the A/Ps were being made by him and painted by him in his studio and shipped from there in order to pay for getting the full production done. How they would be shipped was known and if not the people should have known as boxes were generally part of the full run, not made for the 25 or 30 or whatever APs. I know he never said he would be making boxes in his studio but if someone unfamiliar with the process thought he would be then I can understand a question about it but not dozens of people making a cottage industry attacking him about it.

He got boxes and several statues at the same time and as he said (and I have said) he is one guy and was priortizing shipping out statues before boxes.

His point was if you haven't ordered one why are you bi-atching about it as it doesn't concern you? And if you have and you need a box sooner for whatever reason why can't you email me (as you have my email) rather than come into a public forum thread and complain about it when I may or may not see it but certainly hundreds of potential customers will.
Old 02-10-2012, 07:18 PM   #49
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

and once again I want to make it clear that I am not saying nobody has any legitimate complaints about ARH or that they are 100% in the right, just that I completely understand their position and am more sympathetic to it than most seem to be.

RE his offensive posts, this place can be REALLY hard on producers at times and some times a short fuse can just burn quickly and get away on a guy. Ask Rob Potts or Randy Bowen how they feel about some of the posts directed at them on this forum. They may not have responded as ARH did but they definitely felt they were treated less than fairly at times, I know that.
Old 02-11-2012, 12:50 AM   #50
johnclone
The Enchantress

T, have you talked with Rob Potts anytime recently?
johnclone is offline   Reply With Quote