Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 03-26-2017, 05:48 AM   #1821
forps
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

1500 es for EX and 2500 es for regular ? Easy sell-out as soon as it gets in collector's hands and the quality is there (we want qood QC here). A future GRAIL, no matter what some people are saying. If the last PF got around 1500dol before this new PF was announced, this PF will fetch 3000dol EASILY @ the aftermarket (give it 2 years time after coming in collectors hands and it will fetch 3000dol EASILYYYYY)

It is the BEST representation of Deadpool, hands down. It cant be topped! PERIOD.

I have only 1 compaint.

Will (Harbotle) and David (Igo), you created a masterpiece but.....

You went overboard with the missile. There is ALREADY TOOOOO much going on with this statue.
I get that you wanted something that expresses the "madness" of this character (Deadpool), but the missile is overexaggerating.

You, as artists, know what i am saying. Missile gone = MASTERPIECE and GRAIL of GRAILS. (i personally prefer museum poses, they give a "statue" vibe but for this particular character, the dynamic pose fits him perfectly. My only gripe is the missile, there is already a lot going on).Thanks Will and David for this masterpiece!

Fellow geeks and members of this forum, forps said it first. This Deadpool PFF will be a grail. Nothing can top this, pose-wise, crazyness-wise or EX-wise (the selfie-stick+duckface).
forps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 08:46 AM   #1822
ambasah
Red Skull

forps, may I ask how old you are and how long you've been collecting? is there a pic of your collection anywhere?

it is always funny to hear people voice an opinion as if it was a fact.
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 08:50 AM   #1823
Shanesg
Green Lantern Corps

He could just be a cbg wannabe. Lol
Shanesg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 09:20 AM   #1824
forps
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

ambasah

43y and reading comics for over 35 years. Collecting 25y and heavy-heavy-heavy collecting 17y. Pictures will come next week in the thread concerning our hobby. I will take around 10 of the beasts with a forps sign next to them in order to silence the doubters...Medusa, Lycan, Guyver, Hulk from ECC and i will throw some Sideshow stuff. Joker LSB along with PFF, i will throw some PCS, Akuma and Evil Ryu LSBs. I will throw a bit of Blitzway- Bruce Lee 1/3. I will throw some Prime1's too if i have the mood to take over 10 photos....

As regards XM ? I had 3 "statues" of XM, but sold them the next day i received them. Toooooo "toy-ish" for my tastes. In my opinion and to solve your questions, ONLY 2 releases from XM can be described as "statues". Magneto and Blackbolt. PERIOD. These 2 are the best XM statues. Even their hyped Ghost Rider reminds mE of a Hasbro toy. I have seen it in flesh and NO WAY i could buy Ghost Rider. Toooo toy-ish for my tastes.

Magneto and Blackbolt, nothing else. But since Sideshow is coming with a Magneto that will CRUSH XM's one (Igo make it BIGGGGG.....and when i say big, i mean ENORMOUS), i bet that the only statue from XM which will hold value in the next 2-3 years, would be Blackbolt. Its the only one i could keep it (but i havent). Case closed.

Enough with me. Back to Deadpool PFF, fellow geeks! Its a masterpiece, a future grail for sure!
forps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 09:53 AM   #1825
WalkerFodder
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by forps View Post
1500 es for EX and 2500 es for regular ? Easy sell-out as soon as it gets in collector's hands and the quality is there (we want qood QC here). A future GRAIL, no matter what some people are saying. If the last PF got around 1500dol before this new PF was announced, this PF will fetch 3000dol EASILY @ the aftermarket (give it 2 years time after coming in collectors hands and it will fetch 3000dol EASILYYYYY)

It is the BEST representation of Deadpool, hands down. It cant be topped! PERIOD.

I have only 1 compaint.

Will (Harbotle) and David (Igo), you created a masterpiece but.....

You went overboard with the missile. There is ALREADY TOOOOO much going on with this statue.
I get that you wanted something that expresses the "madness" of this character (Deadpool), but the missile is overexaggerating.

You, as artists, know what i am saying. Missile gone = MASTERPIECE and GRAIL of GRAILS. (i personally prefer museum poses, they give a "statue" vibe but for this particular character, the dynamic pose fits him perfectly. My only gripe is the missile, there is already a lot going on).Thanks Will and David for this masterpiece!

Fellow geeks and members of this forum, forps said it first. This Deadpool PFF will be a grail. Nothing can top this, pose-wise, crazyness-wise or EX-wise (the selfie-stick+duckface).
I guess this is the beauty of differing opinions in the hobby. I won't speculate to whether the missile will or won't inch this into grail territory, but I know that it is the feature that puts this comical piece over the top.

We knew they were going for "busy". So much going on that him actually dodging a missile is the hilarious icing on the cake. Some may see the entire scene as a bit too silly, but they don't know Deadpool. It's clear this isn't a serious statue for a serious Superhero. Going way over the top with Deadpool in this scale is something the hobby hasn't really seen. Not to mention the proto paint app and engineering is absolutely top shelf.
WalkerFodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 10:05 AM   #1826
FJC
Midnighter

XM has released/will release some jaw dropping statues. Magneto, Ghost Rider, Venom, Black Panther, Black Bolt, and Weapon X just to name a few. Any of those statues would ROCK in any collection. IMO, it's possible the best XM statue is still being worked on. When the XM Hulkbuster gets released, the industry will have a joygasm. I don't think anything will match the level of detail and inspiration the XM Hulkbuster will bring.

Anyone can say what they want about SSC (I'm a big fan myself), but every company has its hits and misses. The one thing I will say about XM...they push the envelope. No way SSC would ever give us a Ghost Rider PF on a full 1/4 scale hell bike or a full 1/4 scale Iron Man coming out a 1/4 scale Hulkbuster armor. SSC's not known for such elaborate statues.

As I said, I like and own both companies merch. My collection skews heavily to SSC. However, that's mainly due to price. I just can't justify paying the shipping costs on XM pieces. If it wasn't for those costs, I would own many more XM statues (Ghost Rider, Weapon X, and the Hulkbuster at the very least would be mine). That said, I've been very happy with my latest SSC pieces. Hulk and Wolvie MAQ, brown Wolvie, variant Sabretooth, Aquamnan, Lobo, and modern Thor PFs are all winners in my book. I'm also looking to pick up Bane and possibly the Thanos MAQ (I'm on the fence with that one as I own the XM Thanos and it has more of the classic Thanos vibe that I like). I can say that I think both companies are releasing some incredible statues and I'd be proud to display many of the pieces that SSC and XM are producing nowadays (along with Prime 1 too). With so many options, it's a fun time to be a collector.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 10:18 AM   #1827
AC_808
Hercules

Fun times to be a collector? Most definitely!

Expensive as hell tho! ....Damn!
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 10:20 AM   #1828
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
Fun times to be a collector? Most definitely!

Expensive as hell tho! ....Damn!
I do miss the days of $300 PFs. Heck, I remember when I picked up the 1st Punisher PF directly from SSC. I think it retailed for $250.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 10:44 AM   #1829
Vpuik
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
I do miss the days of $300 PFs. Heck, I remember when I picked up the 1st Punisher PF directly from SSC. I think it retailed for $250.
That would be nice. Now people are paying more than that in shipping.
Vpuik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 11:04 AM   #1830
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vpuik View Post
That would be nice. Now people are paying more than that in shipping.
how times have changed and doubled or tripled in prices in 2 short years. Now we are pushing 1k-1.3 an average size statue.
As for deadguy I agree this is the best imo only because of Harbottle's skill and if ss uses the top factory for production . I assume they will because of the many parts.
Again I'm sure we will see more deadguys from xm, p1, and more from SS. This won't be the only one for sure.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote