Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 12-14-2016, 02:15 PM   #871
Spazzy
Hercules

I love this ed, I wanted one for a log time, I was on the fence with the hot toys, it is larger but the details suck, it is pricey but in hand you understand why, the details are sharp the paint looks great and I am extremely happy with mine, I was hoping pcsc was going to do a 1:4 scale...but now after they realized the cost probably never going to happen, and this will likely be the only screen accurate ed209 out there.
Spazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 08:37 PM   #872
bforce
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vracula View Post
Thanks for the input everybody. Will hunt one down.
Popcultcha in Australia still have some in stock.

https://www.popcultcha.com.au/roboco...il-tippet.html
bforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 08:37 PM   #873
darb
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

They are still available on chronicles website..
darb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 04:26 PM   #874
KCLasse
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronicle CS View Post
Thanks, I'm in no way diminishing the quality or workmanship of the Exosuit, I love mine. I know the factory that made these and they are good. Also we don't have the distribution of Weta or Sideshow, they are able to make a lot more product with a larger customer base. We only made 300 ED-209 so collectors should like it's exclusivity and the fact that Phil Tippett produced the masters is the best we could offer.

Phil has since sold the ED-209 puppet that he owned and has replaced it with one of ours. Seeing it sit on a shelf with Oscars is high praise....
Can’t wait for my ED and Cain to arrive in september 👻
KCLasse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 06:28 PM   #875
gagaliya
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Congrats on getting onto sideshow's website, maybe now it will finally be sold out. This is nuts that a 300 es item at this level of details or quality at $1200 could not sell out after 4 years. Meanwhile $700+ badly painted junks with 1000+ es that get churned out by sideshow on a regular basis are soldout easily.
gagaliya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 06:11 AM   #876
bforce
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gagaliya View Post
Congrats on getting onto sideshow's website, maybe now it will finally be sold out. This is nuts that a 300 es item at this level of details or quality at $1200 could not sell out after 4 years. Meanwhile $700+ badly painted junks with 1000+ es that get churned out by sideshow on a regular basis are soldout easily.
I'm assuming now that Chronicle Collectibles is selling through Sideshows website, that ED-209 and Cain are being sold as whatever stock is left in the warehouse and more are not being made?
bforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 01:45 AM   #877
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by bforce View Post
I'm assuming now that Chronicle Collectibles is selling through Sideshows website, that ED-209 and Cain are being sold as whatever stock is left in the warehouse and more are not being made?
Considering how difficult both these pieces were to produce and how relatively poorly they sold (undeservedly as they are both awesome pieces) then I seriously doubt they’d be making more. It’s a good way for chronicle to shift any remaining stock.
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 03:03 AM   #878
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bforce View Post
They both have a set ES, so no, unless they never made the full run they won't be made again.
67L88Stingray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 06:59 AM   #879
Chronicle CS
Chronicle Collectibles
Producer

Yeah, the edition size was locked years ago, we aren't making more. Once they're all gone, that's it.

- Robert
Chronicle CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2022, 08:56 AM   #880
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

hi gang, i need some advice. I normally don't get excited to meet and pay for celebrity autographs at conventions. But i just learned Peter Weller will be at Chiller Theatre next weekend in Parsippany, NJ. Robocop is my #2 favorite movie of all-time and every single time i watch it, i always say if i ever have the chance to meet him at a convention im gonna do it.

So...my question is, i was thinking about having the bases my Chronicle Cain, ED-209 and Fred Barton RoboCop busts all signed by Peter Weller.

what do you guys think? Do you think this will be a mistake, or will it only make the value increase, decrease or have no effect for the Tippett Puippets i was gonna have him sign on the opposite side of the octagon base opposite the Tippett signed plaques, and the bust i was gonna shave him sign the side-back?

I'm looking for input here, do you think this is a good move or a bad move? will it hurt the value, help the value or make no difference in the value? I don't want to pass this opportunity up, but i don't want to make a mistake with this pieces.

Personally, i think Peter Weller signature on each of the pieces will only make them increase in value a pretty good amount. i will take videos and pictures of the signing as verification.

looking forward to hearing my fellow collectors opinions!
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote