Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 11-19-2016, 03:00 PM   #141
Wombat
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

I love my DD1. There is almost zero chance I would ever buy direct from them again. Plenty of companies make great statues.
Wombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 04:22 PM   #142
The13thWarlock
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

I'll still buy from them. I know a lot of people are saying they would prefer to buy from a third party but I'm not one of those. If I order a statue it's because I want it. If I get it and it's damaged I don't want to play games with who will fix it.
The13thWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 06:19 PM   #143
Shanesg
Green Lantern Corps

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
(its pretty messed up but i enjoy reading their section of the forum to see what bad experiences their customers are having, hell i'm astonished they still have customers after the things i've read about them.) Did they stop you from getting a refund?
According to their site, if a statue goes 18 months past it's release date, you are entitled to a 100% refund. It says that on black and white with no fine print.

18 month had past and I didn't hear from them so finally I messaged them and asked for a refund. They messaged me back and said "we produced the statue so we held up our side of the deal". Whether or not they produced the thing means nothing to me if it isn't in my possession. So I emailed again explaining that I just want my refund and want nothing more to do with them. Then Abraham or whatever his name is messaged me back with tracking numbers out of nowhere! They didn't bother to ask if my address had changed in the past 2 years, which it has.

I email them again and tell them I don't live there anymore and they reply with "what is you're current address?". So they hadn't sent it in the first place. I decided I might be better off taking the statue just to get the nightmare transaction over with so I gave them my new address. They then reply with "you didn't respond in time so we sent it to the address we had". So even knowing they had the wrong address they went and sent it off.

I followed the tracking numbers and was lucky enough to get the post office to hold the boxes for me, which was a 2 hour drive away.

Anyways, you know the rest from my previous post. The statue isn't worth the price I paid and definitely wasn't worth the ---- I had to go through with ARH and the morons running it.
Shanesg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 08:38 AM   #144
pdenham
Teen Titans

Quote:
Pre-Order sales:

All pre-order sales have a waiting time frame that can vary from six months to a full year before product is shipped. All pre-order products are offered even before product has started production at the factory, and many factors might contribute for the delay in production and consequently in delivering the product within the expected time frame. All shipping dates posted on this website are estimated dates, and ARH Studios makes no guarantees that all dates will be 100% met. ARH Studios guarantees however that buyer will receive the product purchased in perfect condition as soon as product has finished production at our factory.

A pre-order sales purchase is still a binding sales contract between ARH Studios and the buyer. Asking for a cancelation of a pre-order based on a delay on the shipping date of the product does not constitute an automatic cancelation of the buyers order’s nor guarantees that payments will be refunded.

ARH Studios will however refund 100% of all buyer’s payments in case ARH Studios is not able to deliver the product at all after a period of 18 months passed its original pre-order solicitation time.A product already in production at the factory even if late is considered a product that can be delivered and will be delivered. The tardiness in its delivery does not constitute that product cannot or will not be delivered by ARH Studios Inc.
This is how he squirming out of refunding anyone even though we are all taking delivery over 2 years now since it's original solicitation.

Sorry to hear about the condition you received it in.
That's how I fully expect mine to show up (whenever the hell that's going to be).

y'know when I first started collecting this stuff about 7 years ago, I would pop into this sub forum from time to time out of curiosity. Even thought the subject matter didn't really light my fire, I was pulling for what I felt like was a creative underdog. The guy had a passion and was trying to carve his own niche out in a difficult business. I had to give him credit.
I chalked up all the grousing I would see to one or two squeaky wheels who have nothing better to do than to ----- and moan when they didn't get everything 100% to their satisfaction.

Little did I know they were the canary in the coal mine.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 03:22 PM   #145
Snadinator
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Finished paying this 2 years ago. It was the NYCC edition supposed to include a smaller ES and print signed by Frazetta jr.

Arh are scam artists.

Also where is my Frazetta Barbarian? Ordered that day 1
Was confirmed one of the first to preorder. Paid it off a year ago. Where is it?

Again, ARH are thieves. They take all your money upfront and do not even honor their own policies. Once you give them your money that is it. You'll never see it again.
Snadinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 09:51 PM   #146
The13thWarlock
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Four months ago I would have a lot to say about how much pride Arahom takes in what he does and how good my experiences have been and such. I just don't feel up to doing that these days. I'm really disillusioned with ARH. I try to be a supporter and over look lots of stuff like Facebook rants and missed release dates and boggled websites because the meat of what they do, the statues, always came through. Recently though I got a damaged Arkhalla and had to deal with the ARH repair process. It was really bad from start to finish. In the end, I felt I was delt with dishonestly and one of the main issues wasn't addressed. By all rights, I should have sent it back again but I don't believe they are even capable of fixing the issue and I was almost positive that I would get it back in worse condition. Who buys a $600 product and feels like that? It almost crazy.

I really feel like you are rolling the dice with ARH when you buy something from then. I'm holding my breath on medusa, sha-ryn and Arhian 3. To be honest, if there was an option to get my money back, I would take it. I haven't ordered the new Arkhalla and really don't have any intention to at the moment. It's a shame for me because I liked the concepts and sculpts and it's a shame for ARH because there is $800 in statues that I have changed my mind about in the last month. Maybe they don't need the money, I know I don't need the statues.

Hopefully the pre-orders will come in and amaze and astound me and I'll be writing about how awesome ARH is again in a few months. For now, I remain disillusioned and dissapointed.
The13thWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 05:31 AM   #147
gagaliya
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snadinator View Post
Finished paying this 2 years ago. It was the NYCC edition supposed to include a smaller ES and print signed by Frazetta jr.

Arh are scam artists.

Also where is my Frazetta Barbarian? Ordered that day 1
Was confirmed one of the first to preorder. Paid it off a year ago. Where is it?

Again, ARH are thieves. They take all your money upfront and do not even honor their own policies. Once you give them your money that is it. You'll never see it again.
That's pretty crazy, I was one of the last who bought the 1/4 barb and I received months ago and it was perfect, everything I hoped it will be..

Guess I got lucky, feel like with Arh you get your stuff and run! I have no pending orders with them now and not planning to. All the pieces I want I will buy third party once they are in stock. Only way to go with Arh nowadays, sad.
gagaliya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 06:56 PM   #148
Cotasnoova
Mephisto

Any pictures on this? Mine still hasn't shipped lol.
Cotasnoova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 01:39 PM   #149
Ehollywood
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Mine hasn't either.
Ehollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 04:25 PM   #150
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Some really sketchy stuff from ARH. I can't believe they still haven't finished collecting enough money from new orders to pay for shipping on some Frazetta statues. You really are rolling the dice with them. I wonder how many orders are still sitting there?
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote