Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 11-28-2016, 09:56 PM   #41
Choopie
Birdman

Aw, that's too bad. I really liked it. You didn't have it on preorder for long at all. I hope you continue exploring more obscure licenses. It's one thing I like about your company.
Choopie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 10:37 PM   #42
Webb
Kindly Asked To Leave

That was fast,pre order was up for a month ?
Webb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 11:20 PM   #43
Enforcer
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Feels like two weeks to me but I can't say for certain. I wasn't too thrilled with it so I didn't pre-order. I really liked this movie. I dare say I loved it. But I never did come away from it thinking, "man I sure wanna buy a model of this ship and a figure of that character!!!!!"

I don't know why. It's happened to me with MANY other movies as I'm sure everyone here can attest to. I guess I would buy a replica of a weapon or two. Probably a bug warrior which I know CC had laying around their shop in other pics. But that's about it. Seems a shame this license dies in CC's hands without doing the one piece that had the best shot at making sales, the bug warrior. Frankly, though...I think most people are in my camp when it comes to this movie :x It's just not a friendly movie for high end merchandising.
Enforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 02:37 AM   #44
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Bug warrior Maquette and a Denise Richards 1/4 would be about all I want from this line. Shame for those that wanted the tanker.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 09:21 AM   #45
clutch
Sailor Moon

Bummer but kind of saw this coming. I LOVE Starship Troopers but this statue doesn't push any of my buttons.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 01:33 PM   #46
WingdSoldier
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enforcer View Post
Seems a shame this license dies in CC's hands without doing the one piece that had the best shot at making sales, the bug warrior.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
Bug warrior Maquette and a Denise Richards 1/4 would be about all I want from this line. Shame for those that wanted the tanker.
A real pity indeed

Imho a big aspect in the poor Tanker sales is probably that the creature resembles a real-life insect too much, while the Warrior for example has a much more sci-fi design. The Tanker is sure to have it's share of fans, but most of us want one maquette that's iconic for the movie, and that would be the Warrior.

There may be reasons we don't know about as to why the Tanker was chosen as the first product, but I'm sure this line would have looked much different if it had been the Warrior...
WingdSoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 02:23 PM   #47
Dirt Torpedo
The Thunderbolts

I'd have picked it up if the Rodger Young had come out well plus the exchange rate was the nail in the coffin for me.
Dirt Torpedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 01:56 PM   #48
Isaiasrosas212
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronicle CS View Post
Hey Guys,

Our orders for the Tanker have been below our expectations and we will be canceling this and issuing refunds.

We will not be renewing the license and we will not be making anything from SST.

Sorry guys, I tried to resurrect this item, but I can't have massive amounts of stock sitting in the warehouse on megalithic products.

So get with Heather if you don't see your refund show up in the next few days.

hross@chroniclecollectibles.com
Not happy at all, but there are reasons, oh well.
Isaiasrosas212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 03:59 PM   #49
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronicle CS View Post
Our orders for the Tanker have been below our expectations and we will be canceling this and issuing refunds.

We will not be renewing the license and we will not be making anything from SST.

This is genuinely sad, SST has some great assets, I doubt we'll see them from anybody else anytime soon. Had this been the arachnid, I'd have done my bit to help sales. This bug was nice, but it came at the wrong time for me to bite.. Big shame the rumored 1/4 statues wont happen now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Torpedo View Post
I'd have picked it up if the Rodger Young had come out well plus the exchange rate was the nail in the coffin for me.
Snap!
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 04:58 AM   #50
WingdSoldier
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Paul, I remember you saying you may turn to crowdfunding for the JP nightvision goggles. Any chance you'd consider the same for a Warrior maquette/diorama? I'd be game...
WingdSoldier is offline   Reply With Quote