Old 12-17-2016, 12:57 AM   #11
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
Wolverine and nightcrawler are 1/4 scale
Quote:
Originally Posted by COI View Post
I'm 90% positive they're 1/5. I had the Wolverine.

As far as I remember, the only legit 1/4 scale X-Men comiquette is X-23. Mystique and Psylocke are big 1/5.

What a mess the the X-Men line is. It's 10 years later, and you still can't put together a coherent 1/4 scale set. The whole half on rock/half on an x base STILL baffles me. Same with the Avengers; half the line is on an 'A' base, the others have unique bases. Why?!?
Wolvie is 1/4 scale. Remember, he's only a little taller than 5 feet. I had Nightcrawler, he's 1/5 scale.

Off the top of my head, these are the COMs I can remember that are 1/4 scale: Silver Surfer, Wolverine, Spidey, Venom, Carnage, and Rhino.

There were also a few COMs that were a little larger than 1/5 scale. Mystique and Punisher come to mind. The COM line was a mess in general when it came to scale.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 01:00 AM   #12
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
I'm looking into collecting the older X-Men Comiquette's but I'm a bit confused with the scales, where they all done at 1:5? Because on Ebay some are saying they are 1:4

For example Black & White Queen are 16.5" tall (labeled as 1:5) but Scarlett Witch is 17.5" tall (labeled as 1:4)...

I wanted to make sure I collect the right scale on these...
All the Brooks and Hughes X-COMs were 1/5 scale (Mystique was a tad larger). All of the Astonishing X-MEN COMs were 1/5 scale. Basically, if you are buying an X-MEN COM, it's 1/5 scale with the exception of Wolvie and X-23.
Old 12-17-2016, 01:04 AM   #13
COI

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
Wolvie is 1/4 scale. Remember, he's only a little taller than 5 feet.
This was a point of contention before and I was on the 1/5 side of the argument. Height-wise, you could argue for 1/4, but in terms of his mass/proportions he looked more 1/5. This is clear when you compare the first Wolverine PF to the comiquette.

Few of their pieces are perfectly scaled. Wolverine is an in-betweener.
COI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 01:09 AM   #14
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
This was a point of contention before and I was on the 1/5 side of the argument. Height-wise, you could argue for 1/4, but in terms of his mass/proportions he looked more 1/5. This is clear when you compare the first Wolverine PF to the comiquette.

Few of their pieces are perfectly scaled. Wolverine is an in-betweener.
Height wise the COM made the grade. I don't own the yellow PF (the horrible PJs killed it for me) but if he's taller than 15 and 3/4 inches, he's larger than 1/4 scale. Either way, I like the COM more personally.
Old 12-17-2016, 01:20 AM   #15
COI

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
Height wise the COM made the grade. I don't own the yellow PF (the horrible PJs killed it for me) but if he's taller than 15 and 3/4 inches, he's larger than 1/4 scale. Either way, I like the COM more personally.
Yeah, that was before they perfected that spandex type material. Which is a shame because the sculpt on that PF is amazing. It's still my favorite Wolverine sculpt.
COI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 01:21 AM   #16
SONICobra
Batman

I had wolverine and nightcrawler displayed alongside deadpool and psylocke and they looked great. nightcrawler is portrayed as a smaller character (mostly) and so is wolverine. if you compare head / hand proportions to a 1/4 scale piece theyre the same. this was before I got nightcrawler and now theyre all boxed up but gives you an idea

if wolverine was 1/5 scale, a smaller character like him would look wayyyyy out of place
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 01:23 AM   #17
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Yeah, that was before they perfected that spandex type material. Which is a shame because the sculpt on that PF is amazing. It's still my favorite Wolverine sculpt.
I love Gore Group and the Wolvie PF sculpt. If it was fully sculpted, I would've jumped all over it.
Old 12-17-2016, 01:25 AM   #18
Y3E
Gen 13

All the Adam Hughes ones are 1:5. Even the Psylocke one, where she is sitting down.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 01:27 AM   #19
SONICobra
Batman

(not my picture) fits right in
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 01:28 AM   #20
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
I had wolverine and nightcrawler displayed alongside deadpool and psylocke and they looked great. nightcrawler is portrayed as a smaller character (mostly) and so is wolverine. if you compare head / hand proportions to a 1/4 scale piece theyre the same. this was before I got nightcrawler and now theyre all boxed up but gives you an idea

if wolverine was 1/5 scale, a smaller character like him would look wayyyyy out of place
Yeah, like I said before, Wolvie at 1/4 scale only has to be 15 and 3/4 inches high. He's definitely a runt when compared to the other X-characters. Most (if not all) of the X-women are taller than Wolvie. Hell, even Kitty is 3" taller than Wolvie.

Speaking of the Wolvie COM...it looks like you went the custom route with yours.