Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 07-21-2014, 08:41 AM   #1
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Question to new members from a mod.....

In looking at our membership I was noticing the number of members who have recently (within the past 6 months) joined StatueForum. There has been quite a lot of new members. Are you new collectors or have you been collecting for a while and just now found our site?

It seems the companies now making statues is expanding as is the edition size of many of the statues. I'm wondering if the collector base is expanding. Love to hear comments from the new members.
Old 07-21-2014, 01:54 PM   #2
Sharkey
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

I just started collecting this year, and exploded my collection in the last few months. Started with statues from my local comic book store.
Sharkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 04:59 PM   #3
MetalAges
Doh!

I found the site searching google for info about the Court of the Dead collection.

I've never (until Court) purchased high end statues although I have wanted very many. My "need to have" tendencies kept myself in check, if I bought one, I'd want more.

I do have non polystone statues/figures I've picked up over the years (Nightmare Before Christmas, Spawn, knick knacks, etc.).
MetalAges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 04:05 AM   #4
Wolverine1
SNIKT!!! Keeping the pimp hand strong! Rot Minister of Nocturnal Security

O.o its expanding alrite....
Wolverine1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 11:06 PM   #5
Nitefall
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
In looking at our membership I was noticing the number of members who have recently (within the past 6 months) joined StatueForum. There has been quite a lot of new members. Are you new collectors or have you been collecting for a while and just now found our site?

It seems the companies now making statues is expanding as is the edition size of many of the statues. I'm wondering if the collector base is expanding. Love to hear comments from the new members.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine1 View Post
O.o its expanding alrite....
Great answer!
Nitefall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 12:16 AM   #6
Monocle
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

I've been an off and on reader of the site since, oh, 2009?

It was the original Predator maquette and the life-size Creature from the Black Lagoon bust that got me interested in Sideshow. But it was the DC Covergirls Harley that got me into collecting statues, though I've always collected something or other.

A few years ago I began selling my collection on the bay when I decided to go back to school...

I still miss her. She was my first

I still kept up with the news however, and it wasn't until Sideshow teased Wonder Woman that I decided I wanted to get back into the hobby.

I joined the forum to connect with other collectors since I'm the only one I know, it's lonely over here!

The Court of the Dead has me quite excited too. I know they're staples and I understand their place, but I get so tired of Star Wars, Marvel, even gasp! Predator and Aliens, which were among my first loves.

It's exciting to see more fresh and new ideas.

Wow,I typed a lot..
Monocle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 09:13 AM   #7
Dukefrukem
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Collecting for a while and just found the site. I wanted to learn more about the different studios and try to get a leg up on upcoming releases. Then I learned that some of the employees and artists post here and I thought it was a win win.

Happy to be here.
Dukefrukem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 09:58 AM   #8
PermaGrin
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

I always wanted to collect things like this when I was a kid, but only have $$$ for action figure price range.

Now later in life I have the money, but did not want to use it. Then a little under a year ago, a friend of mine (which has lots of figures and a few pieces displayed) made me breakdown. Join date is pretty much when I started.
So I bought a piece...think the HT T800, went right back to the store to grab me second.

With a new hobby, I just started Googling for information. A lot of the time when I would try to look up something, nearly every time there was a link to either here to Freaks. More and more look-ups and it just became easier to join the forums and keep reading daily.

Now I am easily sitting at 30+ pieces.
Next I need to work on a nice display.
http://s1335.photobucket.com/user/pe...?sort=3&page=0
PermaGrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 02:59 PM   #9
gorillawill
Doh!

I'm thinking about getting into collecting....I'm trying to gather all the info I can so any advice is greatly appreciated!
gorillawill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 03:34 PM   #10
Mmanick
Doh!

I'm new to collecting all together when it comes to statues. I just started collecting comics 2 years ago and now if anyone could point me in the right direction I'd like to get this statue
Mmanick is offline   Reply With Quote