Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 06-13-2015, 08:23 PM   #11
Valkyrie
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

This will be the EX. Ordered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomur View Post
This is going to be epic.

Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 09:05 PM   #12
foots
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestic1 View Post
Never thought I'd see a company produce a 1:4 scale He-Man and Battle-Cat vs Skeletor and Panthor, this display is gonna be the diorama to end all dioramas.
I agree. I still can't believe it!
foots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 10:58 PM   #13
heman
Kindly Asked To Leave

Yes but PCS made the mistake of NOT having heman on battlecat or (yet to be determined) skeletor on panthor. It will probably be done the same way. An easy way for PCS to get around alot of unhappy fans is just have a leg swap out, so you can have him standing by himself, or swap out the legs that are sculpted to fit on panthor or battle cat. THAT would make all fans happy and be able to buy or display how the want. I guarantee if you did a poll. the majority would want heman ON battlecat and skeletor ON panthor. THAT would make a crazy end to all ends of a diorama!
heman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 11:26 PM   #14
chunkster702
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Easier said than done I would think.
chunkster702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 12:42 AM   #15
qz33
Rescue

My thoughts are this.

Filmation Skeletor almost never rode Panthor. Usually only rode him in the comics and paintings. Filmation He-Man rode Battle-Cat a lot obviously.

Since Jerry has said a Filmation Battle-Cat is in the works I figure have them swapped. The realistic line could have Skeletor on Panthor, and of course Battle-Cat alongside He-Man.

The Filmation line could have He-Man riding Battle-Cat and Panthor with Skeletor maybe in something like this.

Jerry has split up some fan demands with the current combo. Some people have been clamoring for a realistic He-Man while I think a lot more folks want Battle-Cat. The He-Man statue from the combo is well done but I can't see a lot of interest in him alone. This combo is all about Battle-Cat and He-Man is thrown in for incentive.

I mean I can't see a straight Filmation Battle-Cat alone selling that great especially after this combo even a year later when this will not have been delivered. People that want Battle-Cat alone will get this and those holding out for a straight Filmation will be an even smaller lot.

At some point this line has to have He-Man riding Battle-Cat especially if there is to be a Filmation Battle-Cat. Next to the transformation sequence it is some of the most recognizable and powerful imagery from the show.

Skeletor on his bone throne is just too awesome to pass up and was a large part of the show. I think a dio like above could sell.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 01:17 AM   #16
PermaGrin
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

I am personally just waiting on Skeletor.

Just like I only got Mumm Ra from TCs.
PermaGrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 01:54 AM   #17
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
My thoughts are this.

Filmation Skeletor almost never rode Panthor. Usually only rode him in the comics and paintings. Filmation He-Man rode Battle-Cat a lot obviously.

Since Jerry has said a Filmation Battle-Cat is in the works I figure have them swapped. The realistic line could have Skeletor on Panthor, and of course Battle-Cat alongside He-Man.

The Filmation line could have He-Man riding Battle-Cat and Panthor with Skeletor maybe in something like this.

Jerry has split up some fan demands with the current combo. Some people have been clamoring for a realistic He-Man while I think a lot more folks want Battle-Cat. The He-Man statue from the combo is well done but I can't see a lot of interest in him alone. This combo is all about Battle-Cat and He-Man is thrown in for incentive.

I mean I can't see a straight Filmation Battle-Cat alone selling that great especially after this combo even a year later when this will not have been delivered. People that want Battle-Cat alone will get this and those holding out for a straight Filmation will be an even smaller lot.

At some point this line has to have He-Man riding Battle-Cat especially if there is to be a Filmation Battle-Cat. Next to the transformation sequence it is some of the most recognizable and powerful imagery from the show.

Skeletor on his bone throne is just too awesome to pass up and was a large part of the show. I think a dio like above could sell.
True that's why the filmation has a set small 200 more less ES. One reason why I like the filmation compared to the much bigger ES and TBD.....
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 02:33 AM   #18
niishanth
Frackin!

Filmation Battle Cat and He Man on Battle Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
True that's why the filmation has a set small 200 more less ES. One reason why I like the filmation compared to the much bigger ES and TBD.....
Quote:
My thoughts are this.

Has Jerry / PCS confirmed that they will be doing a Filmation Battle Cat? Also is there a He Man on Battle Cat planned in the future? If these two are in the making then it changes a lot of things for those who bought the Filmation He Man earlier.
niishanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 09:01 AM   #19
jinkazama
Cobra Command

So glad the answer to a question I asked Jerry created another thread.
jinkazama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 10:24 AM   #20
Lorde Trooper
The Herculoids

Quote:
My thoughts are this.

You beat me too it, I've been thinking what you have just said, what I don't have is a statue like skelly riding Panthor. You could have skeletor standing on a small base area keeping costs down instead of huge base like filmation base, have magnet parts so he can sit on Panthor, then have him come with the thrown giving 3 display options. The cost would be more but boy I'd love him on that bone thrown.
Lorde Trooper is offline   Reply With Quote