Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Iron Studios

Old 07-16-2017, 12:07 PM   #211
jadekite22
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divinesorrow View Post
The ones being toxic are the people who reply to Forps directly attacking him. From what I have seen across multiple threads is him giving his opinion although a unique opinion most of the time. He isn't insulting anyone directly and isn't calling people out. To me it seems the people who attack him for giving his opinion and insult Him are the ones being toxic that should be banned.
Thank you for quoting half of my post to validate your argument. Like I said in the part you cut off, I found the third-person grandstanding papadoom mentioned and professed omniscient market speculation on every high profile statue hilarious at first. I have no problem with trolling if it brings a certain flavor and fun to discussions. CBG at least motivates humorous responses from others, even if one doesn't find his own posts amusing (I often do, but YMMV.)

forps is unique in that the presentation of his opinions as objective and deeming statues as failures and the people who buy them as suckers, consistently motivates justifiably angered reactions for pages at a time, so his posts are visible when quoted even when I tried to do the mature thing by simply putting him on my ignore list. If the mods can remove and ban people just for derailing threads--regardless of how popular or fringe whatever opinion he's espousing is--he's guilty of provoking that to the point of, like dafadcariad said, discouraging participation until he's finished with his tirades.
jadekite22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 12:38 PM   #212
forps
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Poor guy (Divinesorrow), why ? Let them call me names. I dont care. I do not want other members to "protect" me from these fanboys of 1 (or rather 2) companies. The fact that ALL the hype from certain companies is long gone, has made them FURIOUS. Let it be. I will let you trolling me or mocking me or calling me names. I dont care. You can simply put me on your ignore list. Why bother ? I am not going to call names or to say other things. There are many guys here and in facebook or social media who know exactly what is going on and why.

Vader,

this is MY opinion and by my track record, i rarely make a false estimation. If some guys cant see what i am saying (that the total black "hides" the details of the sculpt and makes it rather bland vs the original), its not my fault. MOVE ON...

The original is MILES, i repeat, MILES better than this variant, no matter how CHEAP this variant is. Its like saying that Deathstroke PFF would miraculously become a MASTERPIECE, if Sideshow decided to give a -50% discount. NOPE. NEVER.
forps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 12:42 PM   #213
ambasah
Red Skull

I don't understand why someone who doesn't own the first one and doesn't like the second one spends more than 2 seconds in this thread.
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 12:46 PM   #214
Divinesorrow
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadekite22 View Post
Thank you for quoting half of my post to validate your argument. Like I said in the part you cut off, I found the third-person grandstanding papadoom mentioned and professed omniscient market speculation on every high profile statue hilarious at first. I have no problem with trolling if it brings a certain flavor and fun to discussions. CBG at least motivates humorous responses from others, even if one doesn't find his own posts amusing (I often do, but YMMV.)

forps is unique in that the presentation of his opinions as objective and deeming statues as failures and the people who buy them as suckers, consistently motivates justifiably angered reactions for pages at a time, so his posts are visible when quoted even when I tried to do the mature thing by simply putting him on my ignore list. If the mods can remove and ban people just for derailing threads--regardless of how popular or fringe whatever opinion he's espousing is--he's guilty of provoking that to the point of, like dafadcariad said, discouraging participation until he's finished with his tirades.
I did that because that's the part I wanted to reply to, my "Argument" had nothing that needed validation. I feel that overall I see him being attacked directly and called out and made fun of for his posts. There are many people who say things that shouldn't be said in these forums and should keep discussions on topic. Everyone is giving an opinion on every single post written in these forums, is "Train your eyes" really the tipping point on calling for bans and directly calling the guy names thread after thread?
Divinesorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 12:48 PM   #215
jpuli28
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambasah View Post
I don't understand why someone who doesn't own the first one and doesn't like the second one spends more than 2 seconds in this thread.

We're not worthy, we're not worthy
jpuli28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 12:51 PM   #216
Divinesorrow
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Back to the topic though, I love how this statue looks and like It better than the original colors. Would have loved to have the original add on instead of the new colored batterang and the krytogun.

I don't own anything from iron studios - How are their statues considered quality wise?
Divinesorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 02:19 PM   #217
Vader
Ghost

I love the black one. Just wish the base didn't have the graffiti.
Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 02:31 PM   #218
jpuli28

PO'd, cant wait on P1 SDCC reveals. With an unk ES and a more applicable price tag with missed opportunities on the OG, had to snag.
Old 07-16-2017, 03:24 PM   #219
RadAsGhoul
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpuli28 View Post
PO'd, cant wait on P1 SDCC reveals. With an unk ES and a more applicable price tag with missed opportunities on the OG, had to snag.
Congrats man, i struggled with the decision, but i think I made the right one pre-ordering him also
And he's not that far off!
RadAsGhoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 03:37 PM   #220
jpuli28

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadAsGhoul View Post
Congrats man, i struggled with the decision, but i think I made the right one pre-ordering him also
And he's not that far off!
Thanks and likewise. Resistance is futile! I literally said to myself, "self, who are you kidding?".

Yeah I almost pulled the trigger on the OG just recently, glad I didn't. Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if we see early shipping.