Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Iron Studios

Old 05-21-2016, 11:58 PM   #21
actionjackson83
Midnighter

Display him at quarter turn from the left side and he'll be 2/3 panther 1/3 base problem solved.
actionjackson83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 03:27 PM   #22
azurepred
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
As a big fan of Black Panther I WANT to like this more but I'm just not excited by this. I think a different pose/execution would be more exciting than this. I still like the sideshow PF more. Looking forward to the XM like none other. I don't collect movie versions but movie BP and Spidey are my only 2 exceptions. I guess I'll wait and see if/when/what sideshow will do for BP.
I think the XM will blow this out of the water, but it will be more expensive too. There will be plenty more movie versions in the future. The base and pose could be better on this.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 07:45 PM   #23
jadekite22
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
I think the XM will blow this out of the water, but it will be more expensive too. There will be plenty more movie versions in the future. The base and pose could be better on this.

XM's sculpt does indeed look exceptional. This piece is still cool if one can afford the entire diorama. But I think I may end up with IS's 1/10th version, which has the more dynamic pose between the two, IMO.
jadekite22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 04:01 PM   #24
Commander0Zero
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Now that I'm priced out of Voltron I might have to PO this. I'm a little concerned about shipping though. I like to know a ballpark up front.
Commander0Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 05:21 PM   #25
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Say want you will about this piece but I really dig it. The detail on the suit is insane and the pose exhibits the prowling nature of BP well as he is about to pounce on his target. There is also loads of detail on the base. It's a great looking piece all around imo.

It looks like Falcon is the next piece in this line.
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 11:06 PM   #26
FastballSpecial
Teen Titans

ES is only 470 for this guy. Surprised more people aren't talking about it.
FastballSpecial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 12:04 AM   #27
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastballSpecial View Post
ES is only 470 for this guy. Surprised more people aren't talking about it.
I'm guessing because with Iron Studios, that ES # isn't always set in stone. They could produce an extra 100 or so for another retailer as some type of "regional exclusive"

They burned a lot of folks with the crap they pulled with the AOU Cap.
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 07:09 AM   #28
FastballSpecial
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyrocket786 View Post
I'm guessing because with Iron Studios, that ES # isn't always set in stone. They could produce an extra 100 or so for another retailer as some type of "regional exclusive"

They burned a lot of folks with the crap they pulled with the AOU Cap.
Ahh yea I remember that. Hopefully they learned their lesson.
Old 08-16-2016, 11:24 AM   #29
Jesse Custer
Hellboy

IS grew a lot since then, so I honestly think they did learn their lesson. Besides, when people get their Spider Man in hand it will probably make people pay more attention to them. We also have the brazilian comic con taking place in december, where BP and more statues from the CW line will probably be displayed, so expect more pictures and news around that time of the year.

I'm derailing the thread a bit, but they already announced a 1/6 diorama featuring Wolverine vs another character that will be revealed there. I also still have hopes for a 1/4 Darth Vader announcement, since they have the license from Rogue One.
Jesse Custer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 02:47 PM   #30
FastballSpecial
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse Custer View Post
IS grew a lot since then, so I honestly think they did learn their lesson. Besides, when people get their Spider Man in hand it will probably make people pay more attention to them. We also have the brazilian comic con taking place in december, where BP and more statues from the CW line will probably be displayed, so expect more pictures and news around that time of the year.

I'm derailing the thread a bit, but they already announced a 1/6 diorama featuring Wolverine vs another character that will be revealed there. I also still have hopes for a 1/4 Darth Vader announcement, since they have the license from Rogue One.
Yea I am really liking everything I see from Iron Studios thus far. I have Black Panther on Pre-Order and will be getting Bucky and Cap from Civil War.

Spidey looks really nice too.

My dream would be some IS 1/4 Star Wars pieces.