Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 08-22-2017, 06:39 AM   #211
It's Sisko
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyrocket786 View Post
Doubtful.

From what I'm hearing, this is going to be a ----- to acquire given the rumored limitations XM is putting on this piece.

This exclusivity bullsh|t is getting out of hand. Phoenix is going to be another Cable. Out of the 15+ XM pieces that I own, I still don't have Cable or Venom which go for gangbusters now. My contact just couldn't acquire them regardless of how much I spend on XM.

I may end up just quitting XM altogether and sticking with the custom scene (which looks very promising) Prime1, Iron Studios and HMO. Don't have the patience to keep up with this crap anymore.

Seems like XM doesn't give a damn about customer loyalty.

Would've been really nice if they gave priority to big spenders or hell... maybe even the folks that pre-ordered the Xmen/Sentinel Dio.
None of those other companies you mentioned give preferential ordering to people who spend a lot of money with them. It is frustrating a lot of the time to secure XM pieces, but Marvel doesn't even want us buying XM products in our countries at all.

I think XM's prestige membership system shows they care about customer loyalty. If you are a prestige member you get 10% off and can order statues before the website PO goes up. That includes "XM Exclusives". If you have a contact then just get it shipped to their address and they ship it to you. You need to get in quick though, because there will probably only be a few hundred allocated to the website and only a portion of that can be pre-sold to prestige members.

XM does these exclusives because they are a small company trying to get bigger, and the exclusives draw a lot of attention to their brand. They also bring in more money that they can spend on other projects. As XM get bigger hopefully they will be allowed more worldwide licenses.
It's Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 08:26 AM   #212
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by jianmingdan View Post
U mean your contact cannot get retail price for you or cant get the statue at a reasonable price? if you are saying getting a piece, there are alot on sales now for cable and venom but at a price you may not willing to pay. i'm sure if you confirm that you are getting any xm piece early, sure can get at good price.
He's saying that it may be impossible even for him to secure more than one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Sisko View Post
None of those other companies you mentioned give preferential ordering to people who spend a lot of money with them. It is frustrating a lot of the time to secure XM pieces, but Marvel doesn't even want us buying XM products in our countries at all.
True, but you also don't have to navigate through a crap ton of red tape to acquire their pieces or spend even more on shipping with these other companies or customs. Hell, even HMO products are easier to get and they don't have a license to sell most of their stuff in North America (i.e. MegaMan X). I wouldn't be surprised if North America and other licensed regions were at least significant to XM in some capacity.

Quote:
I think XM's prestige membership system shows they care about customer loyalty. If you are a prestige member you get 10% off and can order statues before the website PO goes up. That includes "XM Exclusives". If you have a contact then just get it shipped to their address and they ship it to you. You need to get in quick though, because there will probably only be a few hundred allocated to the website and only a portion of that can be pre-sold to prestige members.
It still doesn't guarantee you a spot when you order. It be a completely different story, if the ordering system wasn't some random lottery for sought after pieces.

Quote:
XM does these exclusives because they are a small company trying to get bigger, and the exclusives draw a lot of attention to their brand. They also bring in more money that they can spend on other projects. As XM get bigger hopefully they will be allowed more worldwide licenses.
Yeah.... that's what we're told. So a few convention exclusives makes them more money than normal retail sales and provides more brand recognition?

This would make sense if they actually carried stock on their website or if retail sales were just ok. So then need to generate additional sales from exclusives would be the way to go, but isn't every single one of their pieces an instant sell out? These website preorders are usually sold out faster than some crappy Mondo drop. When you go to the site, not a single piece is in-stock, even the ones that can be had for less than retail on the secondary market (Elektra, Kraven, Dr. Strange, Medusa, etc.). Sounds to me like the brand recognition is there and everyone wants XM. Hell, I use to believe the same damn thing when I viewed the PCS website or saw the aftermath of one of their pre-orders.

Something just doesn't jive.
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 09:45 AM   #213
Ryanbusts
Luke Cage

Yeah it does. Flippers love exclusives. It's not really XMs fault. All they can try and do is limit one per customer. But there are always ways.
Ryanbusts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 09:49 AM   #214
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

XM instant sellout on there website are a little misleading. They sell preorders before it's even listed on there website months before it's even up for sale. I don't know the numbers but I bet 1/2 are already pre-sold before hand. Heck I already preorder Optimus Prime almost 2 months ago.

I think they allow walkin to preorder in advance on purpose because it is to get in the hands of collectors that aren't region restricted. This Circumvents flippers to a large degree (even though they charge handling fees). Some do flip to make a profit but not all. I think paying $150 SGD for handling fees to secure a statue is well worth the hassle giving how limit these are.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 11:52 AM   #215
aa909
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
XM instant sellout on there website are a little misleading. They sell preorders before it's even listed on there website months before it's even up for sale. I don't know the numbers but I bet 1/2 are already pre-sold before hand. Heck I already preorder Optimus Prime almost 2 months ago.

I think they allow walkin to preorder in advance on purpose because it is to get in the hands of collectors that aren't region restricted. This Circumvents flippers to a large degree (even though they charge handling fees). Some do flip to make a profit but not all. I think paying $150 SGD for handling fees to secure a statue is well worth the hassle giving how limit these are.
IMO these quick sellouts on XM are all an illusion. Tons of their stuff goes to grey market middle men for resale on BST groups to buyers in US, EU etc.

Here's a recent warehouse pic on Facebook BST group of dozens of new XM statues including long time "sellouts" like Iron Man and Venom... and this is just a small sample of what's available:

aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 11:56 AM   #216
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa909 View Post
IMO these quick sellouts on XM are all an illusion. Tons of their stuff goes to grey market middle men for resale on BST groups to buyers in US, EU etc.

Here's a recent warehouse pic on Facebook BST group of dozens of new XM statues including long time "sellouts" like Iron Man and Venom... and this is just a small sample of what's available:

Sounds like XM is part of the problem then. I've also seen pics like that on FB, with much larger warehouse space.
Old 08-22-2017, 12:06 PM   #217
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

Some of these grey market folks hold onto these pieces to bundle them with others that don't sell as well (Kraven, Medusa, etc).
Old 08-22-2017, 12:15 PM   #218
grphyx1
Kingpin

Their phoenix will not be another Cable. The stars were just all in alignment for the Cable statue. SS's dark phoenix has diluted the market need for another.

Quote:
Doubtful.

From what I'm hearing, this is going to be a ----- to acquire given the rumored limitations XM is putting on this piece.

This exclusivity bullsh|t is getting out of hand. Phoenix is going to be another Cable. Out of the 15+ XM pieces that I own, I still don't have Cable or Venom which go for gangbusters now. My contact just couldn't acquire them regardless of how much I spend on XM.

I may end up just quitting XM altogether and sticking with the custom scene (which looks very promising) Prime1, Iron Studios and HMO. Don't have the patience to keep up with this crap anymore.

Seems like XM doesn't give a damn about customer loyalty.

Would've been really nice if they gave priority to big spenders or hell... maybe even the folks that pre-ordered the Xmen/Sentinel Dio.
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 04:30 PM   #219
aa909
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Sounds like XM is part of the problem then. I've also seen pics like that on FB, with much larger warehouse space.
you mean like this

BTW all that's from just ONE grey market seller LOL!!
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 04:45 PM   #220
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa909 View Post
you mean like this

BTW all that's from just ONE grey market seller LOL!!
Well..... no wonder I cant secure a Venom.