Statue Forum 





StatueForum on Twitter StatueForum on Facebook StatueForum on YouTube
Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Vids & Video Games

» Spotlight
Dechirico Diamond Select Harley's Holiday BDL Diamond Select Premier Daredevil Statue DGK Diamond Select Premier Wolverine Statue DGK Prime 1 Kong Vs Skull Crawler Current Interview:
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2010, 10:51 PM   #21
Andrew
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.
Adamantium Plus Member
 
Andrew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bristow, Va
Posts: 5,148
Quote:
Originally Posted by benocehcap View Post
Ed and Tibias created a master piece in 93. Real characters fighting out in a match that would make sense. Blood coming out when you uppercut him and a nasty bone shilling fatalities that would make so much buzz that the evening news would report it. Court systems would change the way games are made, by rating the age contents on each video game out today. All because MK was so REAL and so VIOLENT. That’s the road stupid Ed! Don’t go follow SF style, because their on a different road, a road that only they now how to pave it.
I still don't understand. You watched the trailer so you can clearly see that the game is going back to it's roots.

Clearly it is going to be bloody and violent again, I mean look at what Kung Lao was about to do to Sub Zero.

The news media and court systems were all blown away back then because something like that had never been introduced to the public before in a video game.

You have a lot of hate for something that you've seen less than two minutes of and clearly is showing what you want in the game. Violence.

The current trailer looks nothing like Street Fighter in terms of graphics or gameplay. The blood was probably toned down for the trailer so it can be put on more websites. The same reason they didn't show Jonny Cage falling on the spikes in The Pit and Sub Zero about to get cut in half from balls to face.

I'm not sure what it is you want that you are not getting in this game.
Andrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 11:15 PM   #22
artofgarduno
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.
 
artofgarduno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Andrew_ View Post
I still don't understand. You watched the trailer so you can clearly see that the game is going back to it's roots.

Clearly it is going to be bloody and violent again, I mean look at what Kung Lao was about to do to Sub Zero.

The news media and court systems were all blown away back then because something like that had never been introduced to the public before in a video game.

You have a lot of hate for something that you've seen less than two minutes of and clearly is showing what you want in the game. Violence.

The current trailer looks nothing like Street Fighter in terms of graphics or gameplay. The blood was probably toned down for the trailer so it can be put on more websites. The same reason they didn't show Jonny Cage falling on the spikes in The Pit and Sub Zero about to get cut in half from balls to face.

I'm not sure what it is you want that you are not getting in this game.
I totally agree, they toned down the blood only for the trailer to make it more accessable to be promoted publicly easier. Of course this is an early build of the game and it looks great so far. this game still has another 8 or so months of develpment. Everything in this game looks like MK2 revamped and modernized. I cant wait.!!!
artofgarduno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 12:14 AM   #23
redskullrudd
I am da law!
 
redskullrudd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,032
my only issue with the last few MK's was the addition of uninspired characters, ie Mavado, Daegon, Dairou, Darrius....just lacked the 'cool' feel of previous characters. They have a great roster from previous games, and hopefully they stay strong with it and don't introduce any more lame characters.
redskullrudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 11:21 AM   #24
Quicksilver
Hawkeye
 
Quicksilver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: The Dragonzord
Posts: 6,861
i agree that hopefully they make this roster all existing characters from mk3 or before
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 03:29 PM   #25
bigjohn550
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.
 
bigjohn550's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 1,215
Looks really good. I like Sektor's teleporting sounds a lot.
bigjohn550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 07:42 PM   #26
artofgarduno
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.
 
artofgarduno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by redskullrudd View Post
my only issue with the last few MK's was the addition of uninspired characters, ie Mavado, Daegon, Dairou, Darrius....just lacked the 'cool' feel of previous characters. They have a great roster from previous games, and hopefully they stay strong with it and don't introduce any more lame characters.
I agree, I hope they stick with the interesting cool characters, not some slapped together characters.
artofgarduno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 08:46 PM   #27
El Pulento
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?
 
El Pulento's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Sweden
Posts: 6,135
not only a fool but "a weak pathetic fool and I have come for you soul!!!" hahahaaha..chill dude it's just a game!!!.. Peace!!!
El Pulento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 09:08 PM   #28
redskullrudd
I am da law!
 
redskullrudd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,032
Quote:
Originally Posted by artofgarduno View Post
I agree, I hope they stick with the interesting cool characters, not some slapped together characters.
alot of the MK charm was those early characters - even with simple color swaps, the ninjas all has unique and interesting features, some were odd like nightwolf, stryker, meat, and some were tributes to established martial art images.
Mavado on the other hand was just some generic dude in a leather coat who stole Kabal's hooks.
And Darrius was pretty much a boring wesley snipes blade.
I'm all for stuffing out the roster....just please make the additions more memorable.
redskullrudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 09:10 PM   #29
redskullrudd
I am da law!
 
redskullrudd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,032
plus although this should be one for the PCS thread.....I hope they don't ever make a Mavado PF if they get the license. Ever.
redskullrudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 12:05 PM   #30
El Diablo
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
 
El Diablo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: U.K.
Posts: 7,977
That looks pretty awesome actually, looks like they've gone the SF route with 3D graphics but 2D gameplay. Which is the right choice imo.
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS

Prototypezstudios

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:55 AM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright StatueForum.com