Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 07-03-2010, 06:28 PM   #101
Ryu
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnclone View Post
Originally Posted by Mezzanin9
@ryu: how about vote poll ?? Swords or spears ...but I don't think arh will change his mind ..I just hope that swords are the option if change o weapon

Lightsaber, call it the special Lucas edition

Ryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 06:05 PM   #102
Arahom Radjah
ARH Studios

I'll make a lightsaber version for Mezz!
Arahom Radjah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 08:39 PM   #103
Mezzanin9
U talkin' to me?

Hehehehhee....ok arh...I will wait for the light saber version..
Any updates from alex , ?
Mezzanin9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 12:04 AM   #104
Crossbonez74
I am da law!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fengjun View Post
the pose is perfect!!!
my only suggestion is to showcase her face more like in the traditional art form.

Love the helmet on this pic and that shield is amazing looking.
Crossbonez74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 03:35 AM   #105
Ryu
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossbonez74 View Post
Love the helmet on this pic and that shield is amazing looking.
I think Alex will continue to do a good job with Athena. I can't wait to see updated photo's when his detailed her and aegis. Just look how wonderful of a job he did on the Ares piece.

http://www.statueforum.com/showthrea...ighlight=Ares]
Ryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 06:18 AM   #106
alpha
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
I think Alex will continue to do a good job with Athena. I can't wait to see updated photo's when his detailed her and aegis. Just look how wonderful of a job he did on the Ares piece.

http://www.statueforum.com/showthrea...ighlight=Ares]
alpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 07:21 AM   #107
Mezzanin9
U talkin' to me?

agree alex is a da man now....hehehe
Mezzanin9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 08:17 AM   #108
JosephCPR
I am da law!

Is she going to be naked??? Why?
JosephCPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 11:11 AM   #109
alpha
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Ok. As i promised, Arahom and Alex i'm gonna post some info, that i think are gonna help you with some of the details of the final look you want to give her eventually. I hope they come "handy". Here it goes.

Over the jacket Athena was wearing a garment, leaving a partly uncovered chest and falls to the right of her body.

After the Medic wars, thanks to Phidias, the era of Greek art had reached its peak, the type of Athena stabilized for a long time about the main features.The genius sculptor Phidias made many statues of the beloved goddess of Athens.The most famous was the "Athena Parthenos" in gold and ivory, but from it only only copies survived.

Athena usually wore a beautiful, yet simple, dress. A long tunic reached to her feet.The AEGIS(meaning the skin of a goat, but generally the skin of an animal, here the skin of Gorgo' , the “gorgonion” skin), surrounded by snakes, was folded on her shoulders, and it was a weapon of great power( something like the golden fleece in God of War, but with the powers of Gorgo' the medussa). On the Aegis, on the part of the right shoulder, the head of Gorgo' was covering the shoulder. The godess use to cover herself with the gorgonion on her shoulders and partly her chest (mostly the right part) The rest of the gorgonion skin was falling down Athena's back, and she used to hold the “corner of the cloth” on her left hand, using it as a shield. According to Homer and people of his era, the main goal of the gorgonion aegis was to be used as a shield, because of its hardness and probably the mystical nature of its power. The characteristics of her head seemed energetic, and her hair fell to her chest and the helmet was loaded by small sculptures, on which stood a Sphinx, Pegasus and vultures.The decoration is complemented by precious necklace and earrings.The left hand usually rested on or holded a round shield, while the external side, apart from the gorgonion(The skin of the medussa named Gorgo' which Athena had slain) had representations from a battle of Amazons, while the inner part shows a clash of Giants. In the centrer of the shield, where part of the gorgonion skin was, sometimes it was depicted with a drawn on head of Gorgo' or depicted with the actual head of Gorgo' mounted on the center of the shield.

I personally think that either you put the Gorgo' head on the right shoulder, or mounted on the shield, with little snakes coming out of the Gorgonion skin , it could give a very impressive effect to the statue. Just a thought...
Finally, her eyes were big and wide, light blue, to almost white, and always blazing with an effect of illumination (makes me hope for a LED lights addition to her eyes ). Her clothing was usually based on the white color at most, with golden parts of jwelery, weaponry and armor (e.g. like Ares she had a golden helmet, but the colour was usually described more white than the golden helmet of Ares, almost with a platinum effect in colour.

I also have a proper picture that shows in details what exactly i was describing.

I really hope all this helped you somehow, even in the slightest way, in the creating process, and i'll be around for any question you might have if you need me to explain anything about the info above. I think Athena's going to be stunning, and you're gonna give us a masterpiece once again. Keep up the great work guys.
alpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 12:22 PM   #110
Arahom Radjah
ARH Studios

Some updates! I asked Alex to change the Medusa on the shield for another one. This is the only thing I'm not liking so far.

Arahom Radjah is offline   Reply With Quote