Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 11-01-2018, 03:19 PM   #71
Blacksunn
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryTonge View Post
Hey guys. Just wanted to give a first hand update on the auction.

I won the Scout Trooper with Speeder Bike PF. It's numbered 5/1500. I was told that this piece in particular was owned by Sideshow purely for archival purposes. Apparently Sideshow always keeps one or two of every piece they produce.

Although the auction was placed through Ebay, I was able to pay with my credit card outside of Ebay so I could earn purchase points. Fortunately I didn't have to pay any Paypal fees.

I was given my choice of shipping option and opted to go with DHL because it was about $70 cheaper than FedEx.

It arrived in great condition. The piece is absolutely mint with no damage or QC issues. Old School Sideshow for sure!

As an added bonus, I was given a nice certificate of authenticity which Sideshow only does for auctions like this.

I'm so stoked to own this piece. It's honestly my favorite Star Wars collectible and probably the best Star Wars PF ever made.
Congrats. AWESOME piece!!!
Blacksunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 03:20 PM   #72
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Congrats, Gary. This has always been a great statue and your is even nicer

I also think it's pretty nice of SS to let you pick the shipping method, avoid PayPal fees, AND get points!
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 03:32 PM   #73
punisher2000
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

GROOOOVY and congratz to this great piece
punisher2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 05:20 PM   #74
Oak
Fantastic Four

Congrats! I agree, it is easily one of the best collectibles SS has ever put out.
Oak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 06:45 PM   #75
AlexLothos
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryTonge View Post
Hey guys. Just wanted to give a first hand update on the auction.

I won the Scout Trooper with Speeder Bike PF. It's numbered 5/1500. I was told that this piece in particular was owned by Sideshow purely for archival purposes. Apparently Sideshow always keeps one or two of every piece they produce.

Although the auction was placed through Ebay, I was able to pay with my credit card outside of Ebay so I could earn purchase points. Fortunately I didn't have to pay any Paypal fees.

I was given my choice of shipping option and opted to go with DHL because it was about $70 cheaper than FedEx.

It arrived in great condition. The piece is absolutely mint with no damage or QC issues. Old School Sideshow for sure!

As an added bonus, I was given a nice certificate of authenticity which Sideshow only does for auctions like this.

I'm so stoked to own this piece. It's honestly my favorite Star Wars collectible and probably the best Star Wars PF ever made.
Wow, that is super cool! Congratulations and thanks for sharing the process/experience!
AlexLothos is offline   Reply With Quote