Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > eFX, HCG & CM

Old 02-25-2017, 10:39 AM   #151
forps
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Reaper from ECC is top5 of all time but its R-rated so i didnt put it into the equation cause i know some collectors hate gore (whereas i love gore)...Lycan as well as Reaper are masterpieces

The top busts of all time are (my personal opinion)

Lycan, Predalien, Medusa, Reaper, Joker (its Sideshow but its a masterpiece, i simply love it), Lord of Darkness, Venom 2 (with a repaint, its simply stunning) the new Freddy (i believe cause its still a PO), Nosferatu.

As regards more kids-or women-friendly, Robocop, Guyver and Rosenberg are top choices or for video-game fans, Akuma (way better in flesh than in photos)

But kids-or women friendly are not my personal taste. I simply buy them cause i love the combination LSB with 1/3 maquette or LSB with PFF...

You can also throw 3-4 life size figures (R2D2, Terminator, Iron man, Hulk or Boba fett) and you have a killer collection.

I leave the hundreds Iron mans 1/4 , 1/3, 1/2, 1/6 scales for the other collectors.

LSB with an appropriate 1/3 or 1/4 and some Life size figures and you have a museum-style collection, not a toy shop...

gypsycatcha

The only complaint i have is that the snakes are flexible. I wanted polystone no matter how much the shipping would cost. Then Medusa would easilyyyyyy be the best female LSB of all time.

But i understand that many folks dont want to pay an extra 1000 dollars just for shipping in order to have a flawless masterpiece so i understand the reason why Steve Wang chose to make them flexible.
forps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 07:03 PM   #152
azurepred
Zot

Predalien bust is overrated imo. Had it, paint app was meh at best. ---- though, if someone wants to buy my lycan for 4K, I'd do that deal
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 08:20 PM   #153
gypsycatcha
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I wouldn't say the pred alien is overrated . The paint is ok, not amazing but the sheer size, sculpt, detail and overall shape and look make it one of the best imo. Its an insane looking piece. One I recently picked up from ECC which is kinda off the radar but very awesome is Drake . Really is impressive in person. The one that really impresses me even without seeing it in hand is the Rosenberg. That bust just looks totally epic.

With Regards to Medusa, I just hope the snakes hold up well being rubber. But, I personally love the fact you can make it you're own by posing the snakes at any angle you choose. Really cool.
gypsycatcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 10:43 PM   #154
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverine View Post
4-5k never gonna happen, 2-2.5k is the best you can take for this.

Its like the Cinemaquette predator you see alot sell for about 4-5k the predator higher like 8k are ebay standard searches xD
I don't own the Lycan. It's always been on my radar.

as a prossible buyer $4-5k is an insulting price I don't care how many busts forps owns. in the United States of America a fair price is $2000-$2500.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 10:47 PM   #155
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
Predalien bust is overrated imo. Had it, paint app was meh at best. ---- though, if someone wants to buy my lycan for 4K, I'd do that deal
I put the Predalien in the category with the Berserker bust, big and stupid.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 11:18 PM   #156
Silverine
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
I don't own the Lycan. It's always been on my radar.

as a prossible buyer $4-5k is an insulting price I don't care how many busts forps owns. in the United States of America a fair price is $2000-$2500.
Yeah, I thought the same way man!

2k-2.5k sounds good, like i said about one year ago I saw it for 1650 euro stupid me:P

but man Marcus/Lycan we really need selene to go with this!!
Silverine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 01:40 AM   #157
forps
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

i want to go back to "the shadows" and return in a 1 year or 2, but you keep pulling me in for a last comment.... I was never part of any internet forum and i get that it is a sloppy path if you start making posts....

2k for a Lycan bust? Are you kidding me ? Nowadays the majority of the busts are @ 1.6k or Medusa @ 2k when you PO ! The selling price is nowadays 1.5k or 2k!

Lycan has a 2nd HUGE advantage. It is the ultimate (for a production) piece representation of a lycan in a bust form sculpted by the master, Steve Wang... I know that there are versions with full hair but are too expensive for a company to produce @ 500 pieces cause the price would be over 3k for each.

This Lycan is perfect. It has an amount of real hair, it has a perfect "pose", it is intimidating, it is sculpted by the master, it is HUGE, it has it all...

Whoever wants a Lycan bust (the perfect representation apart from custom pieces), would pay for it......The majority of the people that see in my 2nd man-cave the Lycan, dont even know the movie Underworld....But they know lycan as a hybrid, as species...and they are ALL amazed by the sculpt...

Of course these busts need space in order to get the "museum-vibe" and not pack them 20-30 busts in one small room...They need space, especially masterpieces like Lycan, Medusa or Predalien... They need space, not to pack them like boxes, one next to other with 1 inch "air" between them... Place Predalien alone with a predalien statue close but with 2 metres space until the next bust and then we can see if it is a masterpiece or not

If any of you are located in Europe and are willing to sell a Lycan to me for 2k, please msg. I will buy one for myself and i know AT LEAST 3 close friends (at their forties, who were excited when they saw the bust in my man cave - well the 2nd man cave) who are regretting not getting Lycan and are willing to pay 2k for a Lycan. So please if you have 4 lycans @ 2k, i am willing to separate them from you....

Sell them, they are junk....(im joking)

gypsycatcha

I have Drake too. Well, there is no comparison between Drake and Reaper. They are from the same "movies" (Blade 2 +3) but the Reaper is a masterpiece compared to Drake. Drake is good but not something special (my personal opinion).

If you dont mind the snakes being rubber-flexible, buy ONE Medusa NOW. The prices are still low (around 3k in Europe) for a masterpiece like Medusa is.

As the Lycan, Medusa is the best representation of a "Medusa" as a bust (for a production piece). The prices will only go further up and i believe that Medusa will easily fetch 5k in 3-4 years time when the last flipper will sell his Medusa and only deep pocket- long life collectors have them. EASILYYYYYY 5K....

Example.. I have the Robocop bust among others... Many said that this was a fail or that it will go down to 500 dollars (i remember reading such comments)... I said to 2 friends to buy one...Well, lets see how much a Robocop bust (Sideshow edition) fetches today.....Go to ebay and get ready to be surprised...4k is the minimum!

Many people dont get the idea of the "best lycan" or "best medusa" piece (production piece always)

(if you get the idea of the "best representation" of a "character" or species like the idea of a lycan or a medusa and you can get the difference between custom pieces and production pieces, then you can easily understand why i am saying that a Lycan @ 2k or a Medusa @ 2k are a steal..... But this is just my personal opinion...)

See you in 1 year from now!!!
forps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 01:58 AM   #158
Ranz
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I have both the Medussa and Reaper busts and won't be parting with them they truly are the best collectibles in my collection...Rosenberg and Lycan i would love to own works of art ...Also have Freddy bust and Marcus bust on order not to mention Gremlins you can't go wrong with ECC low edition sizes and closest to prototype out of any other company ...If you have the coin
Ranz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 04:43 PM   #159
gypsycatcha
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by forps View Post
i want to go back to "the shadows" and return in a 1 year or 2, but you keep pulling me in for a last comment.... I was never part of any internet forum and i get that it is a sloppy path if you start making posts....

2k for a Lycan bust? Are you kidding me ? Nowadays the majority of the busts are @ 1.6k or Medusa @ 2k when you PO ! The selling price is nowadays 1.5k or 2k!

Lycan has a 2nd HUGE advantage. It is the ultimate (for a production) piece representation of a lycan in a bust form sculpted by the master, Steve Wang... I know that there are versions with full hair but are too expensive for a company to produce @ 500 pieces cause the price would be over 3k for each.

This Lycan is perfect. It has an amount of real hair, it has a perfect "pose", it is intimidating, it is sculpted by the master, it is HUGE, it has it all...

Whoever wants a Lycan bust (the perfect representation apart from custom pieces), would pay for it......The majority of the people that see in my 2nd man-cave the Lycan, dont even know the movie Underworld....But they know lycan as a hybrid, as species...and they are ALL amazed by the sculpt...

Of course these busts need space in order to get the "museum-vibe" and not pack them 20-30 busts in one small room...They need space, especially masterpieces like Lycan, Medusa or Predalien... They need space, not to pack them like boxes, one next to other with 1 inch "air" between them... Place Predalien alone with a predalien statue close but with 2 metres space until the next bust and then we can see if it is a masterpiece or not

If any of you are located in Europe and are willing to sell a Lycan to me for 2k, please msg. I will buy one for myself and i know AT LEAST 3 close friends (at their forties, who were excited when they saw the bust in my man cave - well the 2nd man cave) who are regretting not getting Lycan and are willing to pay 2k for a Lycan. So please if you have 4 lycans @ 2k, i am willing to separate them from you....

Sell them, they are junk....(im joking)

gypsycatcha

I have Drake too. Well, there is no comparison between Drake and Reaper. They are from the same "movies" (Blade 2 +3) but the Reaper is a masterpiece compared to Drake. Drake is good but not something special (my personal opinion).

If you dont mind the snakes being rubber-flexible, buy ONE Medusa NOW. The prices are still low (around 3k in Europe) for a masterpiece like Medusa is.

As the Lycan, Medusa is the best representation of a "Medusa" as a bust (for a production piece). The prices will only go further up and i believe that Medusa will easily fetch 5k in 3-4 years time when the last flipper will sell his Medusa and only deep pocket- long life collectors have them. EASILYYYYYY 5K....

Example.. I have the Robocop bust among others... Many said that this was a fail or that it will go down to 500 dollars (i remember reading such comments)... I said to 2 friends to buy one...Well, lets see how much a Robocop bust (Sideshow edition) fetches today.....Go to ebay and get ready to be surprised...4k is the minimum!

Many people dont get the idea of the "best lycan" or "best medusa" piece (production piece always)

(if you get the idea of the "best representation" of a "character" or species like the idea of a lycan or a medusa and you can get the difference between custom pieces and production pieces, then you can easily understand why i am saying that a Lycan @ 2k or a Medusa @ 2k are a steal..... But this is just my personal opinion...)

See you in 1 year from now!!!
Yes I agree on Drake . Its not quite Reaper level but compared to many other busts on the market, if you picked him up, and to be honest there is not many shots or reviews of him out there , I think you would have a pleasant surprise. I agree on the pred alien also, I have recently moved mine so he has some more space to breath. IMO, its a masterclass in sculpting and unfortunately , I doubt we will see anything as complex as this made again.

Hoping to order Medusa this week all being well. Would love to get the Lycan one day .
gypsycatcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 09:22 PM   #160
Vader
Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsycatcha View Post
Yes I agree on Drake . Its not quite Reaper level but compared to many other busts on the market, if you picked him up, and to be honest there is not many shots or reviews of him out there , I think you would have a pleasant surprise. I agree on the pred alien also, I have recently moved mine so he has some more space to breath. IMO, its a masterclass in sculpting and unfortunately , I doubt we will see anything as complex as this made again.

Hoping to order Medusa this week all being well. Would love to get the Lycan one day .
Isn't medusa sold out?
Vader is offline   Reply With Quote