Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 04-27-2016, 03:06 PM   #1051
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
First of all....this is a statue....not a life saving cancer destroying medicinal cure. IT IS A STATUE!!!

Understand something....this is an XM EXCLUSIVE. XM probably pre-sold the majority of their 999 to PRESTIGE members long before it went up for official PO.

For the few of you who are butthurt...question? How many XM statues do you own? Have you registered them? Have you bought any XM statues as of yet? Because if no to any of those questions....I don't see how anyone can be butthurt that you put in an order only to days later be told you are on waitlist because their sold out.

This is a high commodity and highly wanted statue. Chances are, XM did early POs for prestige members and probably only had 50 - 75 left. That does not leave much in the way of extra product. Also, just to give you an idea of how fast product goes....at STGCC last year, XM sold all their 300 PO very quickly. There were people waiting in line that could not get one because it went so fast. Now imagine how fast 50 - 75 (just an estimate but may be more) can go in less than 10 seconds. I guarantee you it only took about 5 seconds to go through that. I am not exaggerating either!

Batman sold out in 3 minutes! THREE!!!!!! That was for an edition of 999. With this being an exclusive, I am not surprised. Here is a direct XM response to PO of Ghost Rider!

XM Studios Premium Collectibles Sending a po form does not guarantee you a piece of the statue. We allocate po by order of time. We received 300 po forms over one and a half minute. We will then go through all the forms, take out those that is not within our selling zone. Take out those with multiple order , take out those with incomplete address. After which we will allocate the on line po stock by the order of time. Your order form was not within the allocation stocks as such you are put on waiting list. We want every collectors to own a piece of our statues they po but it not possible due to the low ES. Hope that there are cancellations and you might have a chance of getting a piece.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 03:07 PM   #1052
Redpower
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyBear View Post
Sure. First PO was on last STGCC, but the real PO on the Page or Shop is still coming.
If only it was true GB...
Redpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 03:15 PM   #1053
wanderlai
The Tick

Loric do you know what the process is for Prestige members to place early po orders via their website? Do you just email someone and say hey I'd like to po Venom?
wanderlai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 03:16 PM   #1054
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Sucks if you wanted one and can't get one, but I understand that's part of the hobby. I inquired about Venom maybe a week after the initial PICTURE and was told the waitlist was already too long. Not a big deal. The question is would you rather have a high ES 3000-5000 pieces so everyone gets one or a lower ES? That seems to be the root argument here. I hear so many collectors ----- when an ES is over 1000 but then when they can't get a statue guess who is the first one to take to the forums and fb pages.
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 03:20 PM   #1055
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
First of all....this is a statue....not a life saving cancer destroying medicinal cure. IT IS A STATUE!!!

Understand something....this is an XM EXCLUSIVE. XM probably pre-sold the majority of their 999 to PRESTIGE members long before it went up for official PO.

For the few of you who are butthurt...question? How many XM statues do you own? Have you registered them? Have you bought any XM statues as of yet? Because if no to any of those questions....I don't see how anyone can be butthurt that you put in an order only to days later be told you are on waitlist because their sold out.

This is a high commodity and highly wanted statue. Chances are, XM did early POs for prestige members and probably only had 50 - 75 left. That does not leave much in the way of extra product. Also, just to give you an idea of how fast product goes....at STGCC last year, XM sold all their 300 PO very quickly. There were people waiting in line that could not get one because it went so fast. Now imagine how fast 50 - 75 (just an estimate but may be more) can go in less than 10 seconds. I guarantee you it only took about 5 seconds to go through that. I am not exaggerating either!

Batman sold out in 3 minutes! THREE!!!!!! That was for an edition of 999. With this being an exclusive, I am not surprised. Here is a direct XM response to PO of Ghost Rider!

XM Studios Premium Collectibles Sending a po form does not guarantee you a piece of the statue. We allocate po by order of time. We received 300 po forms over one and a half minute. We will then go through all the forms, take out those that is not within our selling zone. Take out those with multiple order , take out those with incomplete address. After which we will allocate the on line po stock by the order of time. Your order form was not within the allocation stocks as such you are put on waiting list. We want every collectors to own a piece of our statues they po but it not possible due to the low ES. Hope that there are cancellations and you might have a chance of getting a piece.
Good points it's a statue come on it's not life or death.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 03:21 PM   #1056
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJones View Post
Sucks if you wanted one and can't get one, but I understand that's part of the hobby. I inquired about Venom maybe a week after the initial PICTURE and was told the waitlist was already too long. Not a big deal. The question is would you rather have a high ES 3000-5000 pieces so everyone gets one or a lower ES? That seems to be the root argument here. I hear so many collectors ----- when an ES is over 1000 but then when they can't get a statue guess who is the first one to take to the forums and fb pages.
No I would not buy this at those Es.
Old 04-27-2016, 03:22 PM   #1057
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redpower View Post
If only it was true GB...
I donĀ“t think it was a lie.
GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 03:26 PM   #1058
loricstone
Kang

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlai View Post
Loric do you know what the process is for Prestige members to place early po orders via their website? Do you just email someone and say hey I'd like to po Venom?
Pretty much the case wanderlai...but of course that is only if you are in one of the approved territories. For the record...I have never put in a PO early because of me not being in one of the approved territories. Darkness is going to be my first attempt at it I think...but in case I miss out...I'm also going the middle man route as I always do. In fact, to ease the process I may just do that anyways.
Old 04-27-2016, 03:30 PM   #1059
loricstone
Kang

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJones View Post
Well said Mr. Jones. If only others had your level of understanding in this hobby.

Believe me...I kind of reacted the same way redpower did with the PCS Scorpion 1:3 statue PO. I missed out due to PCS's goofy internet issues and was very heated in the PCS threads...so much so that I realized how much of an ASS I had been and that it wasn't that serious. I actually wound up saving money for XM statues. These things are coming fast and furious now.

I had to shut out all other company products damn near just to keep up with XM...and even now...it's damn hard.
Old 04-27-2016, 03:36 PM   #1060
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Pretty much the case wanderlai...but of course that is only if you are in one of the approved territories. For the record...I have never put in a PO early because of me not being in one of the approved territories. Darkness is going to be my first attempt at it I think...but in case I miss out...I'm also going the middle man route as I always do. In fact, to ease the process I may just do that anyways.
You live there and need a middleman?

Quote:
Well said Mr. Jones. If only others had your level of understanding in this hobby.

Believe me...I kind of reacted the same way redpower did with the PCS Scorpion 1:3 statue PO. I missed out due to PCS's goofy internet issues and was very heated in the PCS threads...so much so that I realized how much of an ASS I had been and that it wasn't that serious. I actually wound up saving money for XM statues. These things are coming fast and furious now.

I had to shut out all other company products damn near just to keep up with XM...and even now...it's damn hard.
The pcs ryu po was so frustrating. But it was hacked so can't blame pcs. It was a massive snafu.